Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 3511
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I wonder what Jozy wants.

Seems maybe unlikely this is interesting to him, as an extra $2M a year is not the same order of magnitude “extra” that Seba gets in Saudi, and... he is getting married and would not see his fiancé/wife much if he played in China...

but if that postgame explosion in March was just swept under the rug and Jozy is actually still mad at Manning...
    Last edited by ensco; 07-01-2019 at 07:36 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Wow. I wonder what Jozy wants.

Seems maybe unlikely this is interesting to him, as an extra $2M a year is not the same order of magnitude “extra” that Seba gets in Saudi, and... he is getting married and would not see his fiancé/wife much if he played in China...

but if that postgame explosion in March was just swept under the rug and Jozy is actually still mad at Manning...
    I think this is nothing more than 'silly season's stuff. It'll pass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I think this is nothing more than 'silly season's stuff. It'll pass.
    Goff has it. This is no random rumour.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take that deal in a second. Do whatever you can to get this injury problem off our hands. Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a good piece of business, and Italian Eder is probably leaving this season based on age alone.

I don’t see Jozy wanting to go because this isn’t the same as a move from a European league distant from family or whatever. Chinese teams also don’t want to pay 100% tax on a player who spends the entirety of their CSL career hamstrung with injuries, though you never know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lolol even if TFC agrees, it's up to the player. I have serious doubts he goes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to see Jozy going to the Chinese League for an extra $6MM over 3 years. I think he only needs to look as far as Seba for the dangers of going somewhere not as attractive for some extra money. He can always do that in 2-3 years when his current contract is up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    This from Steve Goff of the Washington Post

As Chinese league's transfer window opens, Jiangsu Suning FC making a transfer offer of ~$10m to @TorontoFC for #usmnt striker @JozyAltidore. Contract would pay him ~$25m for 3 years. Altidore, 29, signed extension with TFC in Feb through '22 season. This year, he'll make $6.3m.
    I really hope this goes through, but like everyone else has said it's likely not enough for Jozy to leave. Maybe he's slightly interested and they offer him even more but who knows. Getting rid of Jozy would be a miracle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I really hope this goes through, but like everyone else has said it's likely not enough for Jozy to leave. Maybe he's slightly interested and they offer him even more but who knows. Getting rid of Jozy would be a miracle.
    I don’t see it happening, but with all the Neymar rumours now maybe something ridiculous is bound to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would he leave he's getting $6/yr to start 6 games a year.

I agree with you, let's start referring to jozy as our star dp that never plays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are ingrates.

What Jozy makes is the price of eggs for veteran strikers with a track record. Which this Jiangsu offer shows you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are ingrates.

What Jozy makes is the price of eggs for veteran strikers with a track record. Which this Jiangsu offer shows you.
    I don't think what Jozy makes is the concern. It's that he's a DP that does NOT play 50% of the time.

(And for the record I'm very grateful for Jozy, the guy brought us a few trophies. But this team will continue to struggle if it employs an absentee DP.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are ingrates

I don't care what MLSE spends.
    Do you have any idea how much money they made from 13 raptors playoff games and 3 leaf playoff games?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I don't care what MLSE spends.
    Do you have any idea how much money they made from 13 raptors playoff games and 3 leaf playoff games?
    I have tried to calculate it.
    It is an astronomical number

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this hyperventilating about Jozy's injuries. He is still the 5th highest scorer in MLS the last 5 years.

I want Jozy because he may be a flawed hero (what hero isn’t?) but because he is OUR hero.

You don't just replace this this kind of person/player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are ingrates.

I think that's a bit harsh.

We all know Jozy is a legend and should have his number retired. Yes maybe the injury card is played to much here(myself included), however its not without serious concern.

A team game plan built around a DP who plays 40-60% of a season is tough, I would be shocked if Vanney isn't loosing his mind right now.

I just have to wonder if Curtis thinks this core group should be around long term, and if accommodating Jozy's lack of games is worth it. This is a good opportunity for everyone to move on amicably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think that's a bit harsh.

We all know Jozy is a legend and should have his number retired. Yes maybe the injury card is played to much here(myself included), however its not without serious concern.

A team game plan built around a DP who plays 40-60% of a season is tough, I would be shocked if Vanney isn't loosing his mind right now.

I just have to wonder if Curtis thinks this core group should be around long term, and if accommodating Jozy's lack of games is worth it. This is a good opportunity for everyone to move on amicably.
    It’s pretty much the only scenario that results in a win-win for both parties if you discount that the team in question is a CSL team.

TFC would get a fee they wouldn’t normally get for Jozy at this point in time (and probably won’t in the future), and few teams would be willing to pay his salary (or more, even).

I like Jozy, but from a business perspective this makes sense, especially since this season has basically been a bust and we can probably expect an overhaul at some point...

Not to say that he’d go or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this hyperventilating about Jozy's injuries. He is still the 5th highest scorer in MLS the last 5 years.

I want Jozy because he may be a flawed hero (what hero isn’t?) but because he is OUR hero.

So you make the active decision to lose with him? This is the reality of NA leagues. You rarely get to keep your heroes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way he goes to China. He strikes as someone who truly loves living here. He's been in an environment he hated (Sunderland) and I think he really appreciates what he has here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you make the active decision to lose with him? This is the reality of NA leagues. You rarely get to keep your heroes.
    Can he do a DP level job here, even with injuries?

Well I don't know, but here is something I do know. Fans have no ability, none at all, zero, to assess injury risk.

All this certainty about how he cannot contribute at a DP level the next three years is just BS.

There is injury risk in every expensive player. Jozy, Seba, Pozo... everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If 10 million is offered, and Jozy accepts, you take it and run. Altidore is almost 30 and often injured.

You can find an upcoming South American striker for 10 million that is 22-25 and healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preach, brother, preach. We are with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did sending Seba away help our team? Goals are precious in soccer - I know you know that - and Jozy has a relatively rare gift. I’ll take the risk of losing with him over the certainty of losing without him. Plus he is ours. Ours..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt Jozy will accept. But if he does. This will be amazing. He's a super cool and friendly guy. Won us multiple trophies. However on a business level this would be amazing for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The majority of you in here have lost your minds. Jozy stays.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe someone can remind us, but I am pretty sure that we don’t get the entire $10MM in transfer fee, and on top of that, I am not sure we get to spend all of the portion we do get on a new player. If someone knows Garberbucks well, it would be interesting to know that. I also think those who want to ditch Jozy are being a bit shortsighted. Where is this wonderful replacement for Jozy that we can’t necessarily afford, to replace him? Do we want to finish the season without Jozy? I for one am not willing to throw the season away yet (or ever).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    If 10 million is offered, and Jozy accepts, you take it and run. Altidore is almost 30 and often injured.

You can find an upcoming South American striker for 10 million that is 22-25 and healthy.
    Will our current braintrust find that striker within two weeks? In two weeks, will it still be two weeks? In two months, will it still be two weeks? Will it be a player like Altidore, or like Defoe (i.e. pretty good but unhappy), or like Gilberto (hit & miss), or like Aketxe, or like Mista? They won't have been expecting or getting ready for an Altidore departure, so they won't have a player like that ready to sign. We saw how long it took them, and how bumpy it was, to deal with Giovinco, Pozuelo, and the Vazquez replacement, despite two years of rumblings from Giovinco, and Vazquez's obvious injury problems last year.

Plus South America is not an easy market; teams cause lots of problems to let players go, and many of those players have been busts in MLS. "Upcoming" is especially risky.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goff has it. This is no random rumour.

It might exist but that doesn't mean Jozy is listening. Right now he's ticked at MLS Refs on TFC's behalf so that doesn't sound like a guy disengaged from the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy will still score 15 plus goals this year. You guys are out to lunch to think you walk down to South America and pick up that kind of production.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#fakenews