Threaded View

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I'm just referring to the general feedback from this thread, I could be wrong but I think most people want
    Listen to OG, board stats show only 1% of board users post to any thread daily. You can't assume * any * consensus of the 99% who don't post based on the 1% with the loudest mouths (or keyboards in this case). As OG has pointed out, most people don't want to get involved in what they view as poorly informed discussions.

The discussion on Jozy is a perfect illustration of this. Because he spent a fair amount of time injured last season and this, a couple of people on this board have made snap judgments that those injuries show that he's getting over the hill. While the most recent injury certainly isn't that (a 20 year old would have been equally taken out), for the other ones we actually don't know one way or another, as we don't have access to his medical records. It could be 100% true it could be completely off base. We just don't know. So most people refrain from commenting on Jozy.

So you are free to give your own opinion, but don't claim that your opinion is backed up by a majority when 99% haven't voted.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-25-2019 at 06:47 AM.