Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 3511
  1. #1921
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He’d be backup quality at best. Rather slow moving these days.

  2. #1922
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,701
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He’d be backup quality at best. Rather slow moving these days.
    He is as mobile as a cruise ship. No thanks

  3. #1923
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default





    Again, re: Bradley to Monterrey/LigaMX rumours: #TFCLive president Bill Manning: "Exactly neither I or Ali have heard anything from Monterrey"
    re steve buffery
    so that confirms that we are talking to monterey.lol
    Last edited by reggie; 05-22-2019 at 11:55 AM.

  4. #1924
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Akinola injured his ankle at the US U20 camp & is being replaced.

  5. #1925
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Canucks Abroad

    @Canucks_Abroad


    Steven Vitoria is available on a free transfer as his contract has expired at Lechia Gdańsk
    Cant be worse than Zavaleta but its probably best to wait for Omar in July.

  6. #1926
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Cant be worse than Zavaleta but its probably best to wait for Omar in July.
    Could be. Kantari was.

  7. #1927
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Remember when manning said they hadnt received an offer for giovinco either?

    I think bradleys on his way out.

    Ezequil avila is rumored to be on hid way to mls. Winger from Argentina who scored ten goals in la liga this year. 25 so hes a great age. Probably a dp, if bradley leaves he would be a good replacement.

  8. #1928
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Remember when manning said they hadnt received an offer for giovinco either?

    I think bradleys on his way out.

    Ezequil avila is rumored to be on hid way to mls. Winger from Argentina who scored ten goals in la liga this year. 25 so hes a great age. Probably a dp, if bradley leaves he would be a good replacement.
    Screw that gimme Eric Avila

  9. #1929
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,372
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am more worried about Jozy leaving than I am about Bradley.

    I don’t see much of a bid for Bradley. If he moves in season, my guess is that it is to another MLS team with us paying a lot of his salary.

    (Can you trade a DP, eat most of his salary, and free up a DP spot? If yes, this latter scenario is a back donor way of “buying down” a DP and is very possible, maybe even likely)
    Last edited by ensco; 05-22-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  10. #1930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Screw that gimme Eric Avila
    Ha ha! 👍

  11. #1931
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Remember when manning said they hadnt received an offer for giovinco either?

    I think bradleys on his way out.

    Ezequil avila is rumored to be on hid way to mls. Winger from Argentina who scored ten goals in la liga this year. 25 so hes a great age. Probably a dp, if bradley leaves he would be a good replacement.
    That's what I'm thinking too. Or, their negotiations are far apart.

  12. #1932
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Giovinco has a Instagram story today where he’s walking down the street. It looks very much like a street in Toronto. . .

  13. #1933
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Giovinco has a Instagram story today where he’s walking down the street. It looks very much like a street in Toronto. . .
    I think that street is where he lives. I think it is Toronto
    If you page through his instagram you can see a pic with him and his kids on that same street.

  14. #1934
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am more worried about Jozy leaving than I am about Bradley.

    I don’t see much of a bid for Bradley. If he moves in season, my guess is that it is to another MLS team with us paying a lot of his salary.

    (Can you trade a DP, eat most of his salary, and free up a DP spot? If yes, this latter scenario is a back donor way of “buying down” a DP and is very possible, maybe even likely)
    Jozy leaving would be a blessing.

  15. #1935
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Bradley talk is the same stuff we have heard for years about him. The responses are always the same. "We have not heard anything from the team". There is no indication of anything serious at this point.

  16. #1936
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post




    Again, re: Bradley to Monterrey/LigaMX rumours: #TFCLive president Bill Manning: "Exactly neither I or Ali have heard anything from Monterrey"
    re steve buffery
    so that confirms that we are talking to monterey.lol

    almost sounds like an invite. It's maybe more what they didn't say that is more revealing. They could have shot down this rumour easily by saying "Heard nothing and don't want to as Bradley is going nowhere"

  17. #1937
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post




    Again, re: Bradley to Monterrey/LigaMX rumours: #TFCLive president Bill Manning: "Exactly neither I or Ali have heard anything from Monterrey"
    re steve buffery
    so that confirms that we are talking to monterey.lol
    I think that statement confirms that whatever's happening with Monterrey it's between Bradley's people and Monterrey. Guys remember from basically the beginning of June he's free to sign a pre-contract with anyone. I think this may have real legs.

  18. #1938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think that statement confirms that whatever's happening with Monterrey it's between Bradley's people and Monterrey. Guys remember from basically the beginning of June he's free to sign a pre-contract with anyone. I think this may have real legs.
    Let him go and open up a DP spot for the summer would be a win-win situation. Atiba Hutchinson is available on a free he could replace Bradley for a year while Fraser gets better. Then sign a DP winger/striker and the team would be much better off imo.

  19. #1939
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    here's our winger that's coming over in the summer!!!

    http://www.espn.com/soccer/mancheste...in-mls-one-day

  20. #1940
    RPB Member Past President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dichio Country
    Posts
    12,220
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    We got lucky that we managed to get Jozy, Bradley and Giovinco as three young and motivated DPs who came through in the playoffs and gave us great years. Some DPs bust and don't work out. Even if Bradley and Jozy leave, there's no guarantee we'll be able to sign two guys who can have that sort of impact and chemistry. Pozuelo is pretty damn good, so it would make sense to get a guy who can play with him. Jozy could if he were healthy, but that seems unlikely to happen very often.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

  21. #1941
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FWIW, Jozy's issues the last couple of weeks were about his Orthotics being improperly fitted.

  22. #1942
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think TFC would only be interested in a deal that gave them cap relief, so Bradley would have to go for enough money to provide for that under MLS's arcane rules.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  23. #1943
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    here's our winger that's coming over in the summer!!!

    http://www.espn.com/soccer/mancheste...in-mls-one-day
    He'll go to NYCFC.

  24. #1944
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Giovinco has a Instagram story today where he’s walking down the street. It looks very much like a street in Toronto. . .
    He's defo in Toronto...let's start some rumours. Hopefully he's not here just tying up loose ends.

  25. #1945
    RPB Member Past President
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dichio Country
    Posts
    12,220
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    He's defo in Toronto...let's start some rumours. Hopefully he's not here just tying up loose ends.
    The Saudi season is done. He has a house here and his kids have spent most of their (admittedly short) lives here, so maybe this is home for his family, for the time being. I imagine he's back for the off-season and will likely also go to Italy at some point. It is possible he's going to sell the house and vacate Toronto, but summer in TO is pretty nice.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

  26. #1946
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One thing we really have going for us right now in terms of player recruitment is the Raptors. I hope we’re getting good mileage out of them. Would be good for us if they could make the final.

  27. #1947
    RPB 2019 Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Saudi season is done. He has a house here and his kids have spent most of their (admittedly short) lives here, so maybe this is home for his family, for the time being. I imagine he's back for the off-season and will likely also go to Italy at some point. It is possible he's going to sell the house and vacate Toronto, but summer in TO is pretty nice.
    Lots of very rich people who have houses around the world have houses in Toronto for when they want to visit. The interesting thing is will he be going to see the Raptors? He's a big fan.

    It doesn't mean he's moving to TFC.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  28. #1948
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Lots of very rich people who have houses around the world have houses in Toronto for when they want to visit. The interesting thing is will he be going to see the Raptors? He's a big fan.

    It doesn't mean he's moving to TFC.
    Right. He probably hasn’t sold his house yet or has kept it in order to retire here/in Italy.

    That said, there aren’t very many rich people who own homes here unless they have frequent business here or are Canadian. Luxury homes are slower and more difficult to move, and aren’t a very good investment. Unless you’re laundering money, and if so you probably don’t live there.

    It’s like a yacht. Do some people own yachts? Yes, but most just rent them because they’re a really bad investment and they won’t use them often.

  29. #1949
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    He'll go to NYCFC.
    in about 10 years....sure....

  30. #1950
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Right. He probably hasn’t sold his house yet or has kept it in order to retire here/in Italy.

    That said, there aren’t very many rich people who own homes here unless they have frequent business here or are Canadian. Luxury homes are slower and more difficult to move, and aren’t a very good investment. Unless you’re laundering money, and if so you probably don’t live there.

    It’s like a yacht. Do some people own yachts? Yes, but most just rent them because they’re a really bad investment and they won’t use them often.
    If I was making 10 million tax free Euros a season I really wouldn't worry about depreciation of my investment on a condo in Toronto.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •