Page 53 of 118 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fernando Gaibor linked to MLS again. Though someone may need to translate. https://twitter.com/ECUAGOL/status/1125456743360794624

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Fernando Gaibor linked to MLS again. Though someone may need to translate. https://twitter.com/ECUAGOL/status/1125456743360794624

He plays for the same team as Menendez. He would be a good fit beside Bradley in a 4-2-3-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    So can someone clarify for certainty, is Gonzalez’s contract up for sure in the summer? I am warming to Ciman and Mavinga but we are one injury away from big trouble in the back. We need another starter but more importantly we need reliable depth.

The winger is to unlock the true potential in the offense, the CB is table stakes to keeping us in games.

And the goalie Westberg/Bono are to not let in an easy one, which just kills you (Bono 2018) and save our bacon when a good scoring chance occurs (Bono 2017 and actually Westberg last week)

i dont one think we can sit on a CB until the summer. 5 games in 15 days. Is there any shot we see Moore again? Anyone know?

——

Actually found it, says his contract expires 6/30/2019. https://www.transfermarkt.com/omar-g.../spieler/99690 , so Pachuca and Atlas don’t have a ton of leverage, but to be pains. If Gonzalez wants to come back his agent needs to be telling them they are signing with MLS in July. So get something or nothing for me.
    I think he will be here in July, I wouldn’t pay anything for him if his contract expires. Ciman is playing better and if Moor can play every other game that would be good enough to get by til July. Zavaleta hasn’t been as bad this year, or give Dunn a few games to see what he can do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post

From the Video Quote -

The Ecuadorian midfielder Fernando Gaibor attended the Argentine media and was asked about a possible exit from Independiente in the next transfer market. The 'Red' paid 4.2 million dollars to Emelec for 70% of his pass.

"We as professionals know that this is something that can not be changed and that you have to work until the club tells you that it will not need your services, we have to be down to earth, accepting decisions to stay or it's time to leave. "

Gaibor said he only thinks about the team and not about rumors: "Today we are in Independiente and we have to work until the end, then the decisions that are made correspond to those in charge of the issue."

Remember that a few weeks ago he was linked to a team from Major League Soccer (MLS), where they claim Argentine media is his future.

Video: TNT Sports LA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this article puts to rest any thought of Mavinga being "unsettled."

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...pired-campaign

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think this article puts to rest any thought of Mavinga being "unsettled."

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...pired-campaign
    Thanks. Agreed (although I think there was a Vazquez article like that not long before he left, so you never really know!)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^If Ali is trying for players like this Coco, man.. we need to stop kidding ourselves....

It is very hard/impossible for me to see why a 22 year old who has a shot at moving from the periphery of Ligue Un to a decent Bundesliga team would ever move to MLS.

I think Ali and Manning are getting played by agents, and part of it is that they are not being realistic about what actually makes sense, and are wasting precious cycles on things that common sense says won’t happen.

If you need a release from Atlas, well, that's a 30 second conversation. Not happening? Move on. If you are buying players in Argentina, a notoriously expensive and frankly corrupt market, don't spend six months negotiating for marginal players. Pay up or move on, you are not going to change Argentina.
    Our team is now run by accountants it seems, not deal makers. While Curtis seemingly usually arrives at the right decisions, the slowness of the decision making process deters our overall effectiveness.

Someone has to impress on these guys that in sport (and in business) sometimes by waiting to make your decision, you already made your decision. The world doesn’t start-stop at you your convenience.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think FIFA needs to set rules that allow players to leave teams in this situations. They get released for 1% of their salary, or whatever.

It’s nuts to “enforce” contracts when the team have no sanctioned games left in the contract period.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    From the Video Quote -

The Ecuadorian midfielder Fernando Gaibor attended the Argentine media and was asked about a possible exit from Independiente in the next transfer market. The 'Red' paid 4.2 million dollars to Emelec for 70% of his pass.

"We as professionals know that this is something that can not be changed and that you have to work until the club tells you that it will not need your services, we have to be down to earth, accepting decisions to stay or it's time to leave. "

Gaibor said he only thinks about the team and not about rumors: "Today we are in Independiente and we have to work until the end, then the decisions that are made correspond to those in charge of the issue."

Remember that a few weeks ago he was linked to a team from Major League Soccer (MLS), where they claim Argentine media is his future.

Video: TNT Sports LA
    This would be a very complex deal, wouldn't put too much weight into it. Purchasing a player from a co-ownership is a very tricky thing to get over the line...not exactly the sort of coup you'd imagine for an MLS deadline day transaction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Our team is now run by accountants it seems, not deal makers. While Curtis seemingly usually arrives at the right decisions, the slowness of the decision making process deters our overall effectiveness.

Someone has to impress on these guys that in sport (and in business) sometimes by waiting to make your decision, you already made your decision. The world doesn’t start-stop at you your convenience.
    I think Manning was worrying about the Argos or whatever, and Bez had all the conversations - when he left, the cupboard was totally bare, and Ali had been gardening for two years. Ciman fell in their lap. They got Pozo done by paying through the nose (and came this close to an international incident doing it) but have otherwise been left to work the existing names (Janson, Jony) plus whatever the league office serves up (which is why they traded up for the allocation spot again).

They weren’t setting up to retool this year, Manning had his eye off the ball, then bam - Bez, VV, Seba leave, and Manning got caught on the street corner holding Herman.

The effing Argos.... it's always the Argos. It make me sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke has said not to expect anything today. Fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    jus great...big fail..so not even one depth signing...so we got 11 games until the next window..bradley.jozy.oso chapman may miss 5 of those games because of the gold cup and ayo at the u 20s may miss 6 or 7 games..its ok we got our big signing boyd.they are playing with fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I'm not entirely sold on this team going forward simply because when you look at the goals we score they are the result of individual brilliance rather than performance in a system. Remove Jozy and Pozuelo and we'll be terrible offensively. We'd greatly benefit from a TAM level forward, and this isn't new. I'm not sure why the FO thinks Ricketts/Boyd is the correct way to go about a bench striker, especially when Jozy doesn't play over 50% of the time.
    I'm not sure what this even means???

Replace Pozuelo with Giovinco and you could say the same thing about our team the last 3 years....and please don't say Vazquez would be able to handle it...he wouldn't....
    This is the nature of this league...a couple players will be carrying your offence, and that's that...

Not sure why it was good enough then and now no?

Is this team the finished product? No.
    Should management have acted sooner, so that we were a more complete team closer to the season? Sure, but considering the sudden departure of Bez, its understandable.

But easy schedule or not, we still have a very good record. This team last year was unable to win games they are winning this year so far, and that is with an incomplete squad.
    If the right pieces are identified and brought in, this team I say has the potential to be right next to our 2017 team....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Manning was worrying about the Argos or whatever, and Bez had all the conversations - when he left, the cupboard was totally bare, and Ali had been gardening for two years. Ciman fell in their lap. They got Pozo done by paying through the nose (and came this close to an international incident doing it) but have otherwise been left to work the existing names (Janson, Jony) plus whatever the league office serves up (which is why they traded up for the allocation spot again).

They weren’t setting up to retool this year, Manning had his eye off the ball, then bam - Bez, VV, Seba leave, and Manning got caught on the street corner holding Herman.

Really? Blaming the Argos lol sad

The Sky is falling here, at least wait until the day is over. TFC also has the most points per game in the East so they will be just fine until July.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    jus great...big fail..so not even one depth signing...so we got 11 games until the next window..bradley.jozy.oso chapman may miss 5 of those games because of the gold cup and ayo at the u 20s may miss 6 or 7 games..its ok we got our big signing boyd.they are playing with fire.
    I doubt Jozy plays for team USA again. Chapman? He only got called up to team Canada because of an injury. I doubt he makes the team for the Gold Cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather Curtis take the slow and thought out approach rather than jump at anything to plug holes and make us happy because with that we end up with guys like Aketxe or Kanatari or maybe even a new Iro.

I'll take the right deal over the fast deal any day regardless of our record in May.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I doubt Jozy plays for team USA again. Chapman? He only got called up to team Canada because of an injury. I doubt he makes the team for the Gold Cup.
    I think Jozy may play for the USMNT again but not in this GC. Maybe in the fall.

Chapman only plays for Canada if we hit a rut of injuries but since it is in the summer I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the grand scheme of things, I’m okay with waiting on a DP and getting that one right. For the others... they have to push them though.

Looking at the Argos though. That one has to be getting attention from the CFL more broadly. It’s not an economically viable entity right now if not for the TV rights and ownerships deep pockets.

Agreed we should have our own president and be separated from whatever the football team needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, I’m okay with waiting on a DP and getting that one right. For the others... they have to push them though.

Looking at the Argos though. That one has to be getting attention from the CFL more broadly. It’s not an economically viable entity right now if not for the TV rights and ownerships deep pockets.

Agreed we should have our own president and be separated from whatever the football team needs.
    The Argos are fine economically, What is the salary cap in the CFL its not much so they dont need to sell as many tickets as TFC. They also get more TV viewers/money.

Anyways back on topic, If the impact could pry Omar Browne from Panama why couldn’t TFC have signed Ivy? At worst he would be a good depth piece on the wing and cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Jozy is the US's best forward and is 29, he will play in the Gold Cup, World Cup Qualifiers and World Cup if he is healthy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    Jozy is the US's best forward and is 29, he will play in the Gold Cup, World Cup Qualifiers and World Cup if he is healthy.
    I would agree but he didn't get in Berhalter's January camp or play in any spring friendlies due to injury already and now he is injured again. I think for this he would be an emergency alternate at best. I can't see Berhalter not calling in Zardes, Ramirez, Arriola, and Morris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I'm not sure what this even means???

Replace Pozuelo with Giovinco and you could say the same thing about our team the last 3 years....and please don't say Vazquez would be able to handle it...he wouldn't....
    This is the nature of this league...a couple players will be carrying your offence, and that's that...

Not sure why it was good enough then and now no?

Is this team the finished product? No.
    Should management have acted sooner, so that we were a more complete team closer to the season? Sure, but considering the sudden departure of Bez, its understandable.

But easy schedule or not, we still have a very good record. This team last year was unable to win games they are winning this year so far, and that is with an incomplete squad.
    If the right pieces are identified and brought in, this team I say has the potential to be right next to our 2017 team....
    In the Championship season, we would any game as long as one of Jozy, Giovinco or Vazquez were playing. I remember an away game against the Galaxy we had a bunch of injuries and I thought, where are the goals coming from tonight? We won 4-0. Vazquez scored and I think assisted one or two.

We're down one quality player offensively from that team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace. It may be a great idea, I don’t know the player.

I just have have a sense that we are getting sold stories about how players are “almost” there, just a few more dollars and they will come... when the real issue is something else, ie we need to bung someone, or all we are is a stalking horse.
    For sure for sure. You just brought up a good point thought it right to add why he might be enticed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, getting any transfers done while the European transfer window is closed is always going to be a difficult task. Wringing out Pozuelo alone was a miracle.

At least come July, our window will align with the European ones. If Curtis got Pozuelo right, I’ll trust him to get the next one at a better timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole TFC media Politbureau is reporting no deal is likely to get done now. Have to believe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I more annoyed about the messaging. It's been "a player is coming in 2 weeks" for months now.

If it's the summer window fine, but don't over promise and under deliver.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    not ideal but not the worst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The whole TFC media Politbureau is reporting no deal is likely to get done now. Have to believe it.
    All all toeing the company "no rush" line....

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I more annoyed about the messaging. It's been "a player is coming in 2 weeks" for months now.

If it's the summer window fine, but don't over promise and under deliver.
    Ding ding ding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    most of those guys cover the team from there basement..lol kinda hard to believe that with over 12hrs still until the deadline that they are not still talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of those guys cover the team from there basement..lol kinda hard to believe that with over 12hrs still until the deadline that they are not still talking.
    As Areathrasher said, they are all toeing the "no rush" line. Clearly getting that from the club.