Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    My bet is Seba wants to come back.'
    This lunch has nothing to do with Giovinco. Last month in an interview with Garett, Manning mentioned that he was meeting with D'Amico in April and trying to keep up good relations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    MLS would block that move in a heartbeat., not a chance they would allow a potential league MVP just go make peanuts and have us circumvent their "cap".
    They wouldn't have to if it came at the end of season and Bradley agreed to a new TAM deal.

I dunno, crazier things have happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is kidding who? Seba is mad at Manning, and vice versa, and he is all about the dough-re-mi.

Seba might cut some sort of buyout deal, but he's worth a lot more than TAM money, and he'll go wherever he can get that.

Maybe it's MLS, I get that. But I cannot imagine Manning doing that. Plus I think he'd go anywhere, even to Montreal, if Saputo were the one to give him a DP deal.

Seba wouldn’t need to spend 5 seconds thinking about it. He'd go anywhere in MLS for the money. I say this with admiration, it doesn’t diminish him, to me.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-15-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    This lunch has nothing to do with Giovinco. Last month in an interview with Garett, Manning mentioned that he was meeting with D'Amico in April and trying to keep up good relations.
    Yeah, one doesn't actually exclude the other. He could've been unhappy for a month. He's gone five games without a goal in the Saudi League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Who is kidding who? Seba is mad at Manning, and he is all about the dough-re-mi.

Seba might cut some sort of buyout deal, but he's worth a lot more than TAM money, and he'll go wherever he can get that..
    You know as well as I do this league is famous for having clubs pick up partial contracts. Maybe they 'buy out' his Saudi deal , have the Saudis pay most of it but save them from a total buyout, and restructure Bradley on TAM.

Yeah, I know, probably not. But stranger things have happened.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba doesn't fit this team anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Pozo played behind two strikers at Genk. In truth I don’t think the perfect formation for Pozo is 4-3-3. I think the latest Vanney fad on formation (we have been through about 5 of them) is not really the issue.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba demands he be fed.

Seba demands you go where he thinks he can feed you.

This team plays more expressively now offensively because it isn't being warped to his expectations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozo played behind two strikers at Genk. In truth I don’t think the perfect formation for Pozo is 4-3-3. I think the latest Vanney fad on formation (we have been through about 5 of them) is not really the issue.
    Formations are just a matter of how to best fit the players you have available to the style you want. Vanney obviously want more width this year. 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-2-2. 4-2-3-1 can all accomplish this goal.

Truthfully, I honestly think that the 4-2-3-1 might be the best formation to get the most out of Pozuelo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Formations are just a matter of how to best fit the players you have available to the style you want. Vanney obviously want more width this year. 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-2-2. 4-2-3-1 can all accomplish this goal.

Truthfully, I honestly think that the 4-2-3-1 might be the best formation to get the most out of Pozuelo.
    If one or two true wingers are coming in that formation suits us better too. Vanney brought us to two cup finals and the CCL, he has earned his place. But the one weakness of his teams since the very first game after they fired Nelsen has been defensive success - including giving up early goals - that’s what cost is the Champions league final really - and the 4-2-3-1 is likely to do better there too. Frankly, I find it odd that the team would proclaim “we are going to play 4-3-3” when we didn’t have the players for it then (before VV and Seba left) or now. In a 4-2-3-1 it would be Bradley Oso in the two and Poz TAM winger Deleon in the three, with Marky and Chapman ready to come on for Oso. Solves several problems, including our porous defence.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 04-16-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Seba can play with Vazquez and Jozy, then he can play with Pozo and Jozy.

Don't why this discussion is being had regardless though. He's not coming back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of bringing back players Lucas Jansens team just got relegated to the second division in Argentina. Maybe the price has dropped. They know he fits the locker room. I feel like Gareth Wheeler was dropping a hint on the come on you reds podcast.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Speaking of bringing back players Lucas Jansens team just got relegated to the second division in Argentina. Maybe the price has dropped. They know he fits the locker room. I feel like Gareth Wheeler was dropping a hint on the come on you reds podcast.
    I had the same thought when I heard about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been banging this drum for a while since it was looking likely they were going down.

Complicated now that there are first division clubs looking to sign him now too. Though they arent going to pay $4M either

An Argie journo said he has offers from abroad. Could be TFC. Could be elsewhere.

Edit: Estuidentes look like the front runners for Janson at the mo.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 04-16-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is Seba wants to come back. Five games without a goal, the last on the bench. At 32? He wants out if that shit is going on.

Plus, we know from experience that he plays down when his mood is down. Five games in the Saudi league without a goal? The man's not crocked. He has to be mucho unhappy.

But you can bet Manning will be telling his agent, 'Look, this si why we couldn't offer more, he's 32... but if he can get his release from them or buyout, he can keep a chunk of that big contract, and we can still cut a TAM deal with a big back-end bonus. He keeps playing, comes back to Toronto where he's loved and the Saudis pick up most of the cost.

Manning might even be on the phone to the club to say, 'look, if you buy him out, you eat the whole thing. we'll pay as much as our TAM will allow and save you some money, and you pick up the rest.'
    Agreed, I've been thinking this as well for the past couple of weeks. Either TFC or Montreal impact
    Last edited by stevep; 04-16-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis said he was looking at multiple players in Argentina, most likely a winger and a defender.

Here is a list of players they might be after other than Menendez and possibly bringing back Jansen;

Franco Fragapane LW 25 7 Goals Scored for Union Contract expires this summer

Andres Roma LW 25 4 Goals scored for Huracan Contract also expires this summer

Gaston Toni LW 21 3 goals scored for Defensa Contract expires this summer

Matias Garcia LW 27 2 Goals scored for San Martin Contract expires this summer

Federico Bravo DM 25 1 Goal for for Patranato contract expires this summer

these players make sense to target because its hard to pay for a transfer fee with TAM money.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Agreed, I've been thinking this as well for the past couple of weeks. Either TFC or Montreal impact
    Joey Saputo loves Italian players. Just saying... and he loves getting former TFC players to use against Toronto.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-16-2019 at 10:06 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis said he was looking at multiple players in Argentina, most likely a winger and a defender.

Here is a list of players they might be after other than Menendez and possibly bringing back Jansen;

Franco Fragapane LW 25 7 Goals Scored for Union Contract expires this summer

Andres Roma LW 25 4 Goals scored for Huracan Contract also expires this summer

Gaston Toni LW 21 3 goals scored for Defensa Contract expires this summer

Matias Garcia LW 27 2 Goals scored for San Martin Contract expires this summer

Federico Bravo DM 25 1 Goal for for Patranato contract expires this summer

these players make sense to target because its hard to pay for a transfer fee with TAM money.
    Interesting list. Do any of these stand out as more likely?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba at Montreal would cause them to have to change their approach. They are sit back & wait for a counter on the sides with Piatti & now Omar Browne. Urutti is a hold up guy in the middle. Seba don't fit any of that at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is Seba wants to come back. Five games without a goal, the last on the bench. At 32? He wants out if that shit is going on.

Plus, we know from experience that he plays down when his mood is down. Five games in the Saudi league without a goal? The man's not crocked. He has to be mucho unhappy.

But you can bet Manning will be telling his agent, 'Look, this si why we couldn't offer more, he's 32... but if he can get his release from them or buyout, he can keep a chunk of that big contract, and we can still cut a TAM deal with a big back-end bonus. He keeps playing, comes back to Toronto where he's loved and the Saudis pick up most of the cost.

Manning might even be on the phone to the club to say, 'look, if you buy him out, you eat the whole thing. we'll pay as much as our TAM will allow and save you some money, and you pick up the rest.'

A couple of weeks ago there was an article in an Italian newspaper regarding Seba's adventure...it did intonate that he was unhappy, it listed the style of soccer, the lifestyle (his wife has not joined him yet) also there was a weird statement that he was allergic to the "sand" (loosely translated) used in the refining process of oil? Again Italian newspaper that likes to stir things up...it did mention in a round about way that Seba was regretting his decisions..no quote attributed but conjecture none the less..it was apparent that the article was leaning towards the fact Seba should not have left or he regrets leaving....don't know if if means anything....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba is realizing that money isn't everything. I would love to have him back but I just don't see how it's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They got rid of Giovinco at the right time, pozuelo is a better player right now. If Bradley took a paycut to free up a DP spot they should sign a winger with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba at Montreal would cause them to have to change their approach. They are sit back & wait for a counter on the sides with Piatti & now Omar Browne. Urutti is a hold up guy in the middle. Seba don't fit any of that at all.

You are thinking too rationally! It's Saputo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Seba is realizing that money isn't everything. I would love to have him back but I just don't see how it's possible.
    i still think money is everything to Seba.

He must have known things would be like they are, and to him at the end of the day he wanted the ability to say, "at least i have the money to fall back on"

hes in a different boat.

if you offered me 4 mill to scrub shit filled toilet. I'd take it in a heart beat and do it with a smile

Hes going from rich to richer through. not sure his lifestyle is really changing all that much due to money. (its def changing due to where he now lives though)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless there's some solid info about Seba (or TFC) showing any interest, can we move that talk to the "former players" thread? Unless somebody would like to start a different "all things Seba all the time" thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this talk of the hope of Bradley taking a pay cut needs to stop. That is not happening. Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    All this talk of the hope of Bradley taking a pay cut needs to stop. That is not happening. Period.
    Why not? He's been overpaid tremendously. Someone from TFC even mentioned it's an option.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to back off on the peyote, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not? He's been overpaid tremendously. Someone from TFC even mentioned it's an option.

I dont believe that TFC has said that. They did say that he agreed to restructure his contract so that Jozy could come. But that is quite different. Although I stand to be corrected if I missed something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to back off on the peyote, man.
    Suffice to say he's not taking the kind of pay cut most on here seem to think. Market dictates price and someone in MLS would sign him for good money if not us.

Back on topic - any word which games Manning and Hernandez took in? I was thinking of cross referencing 3 games in 3 days in Italy with the list of D'Amicos clients but I haven't had the time or will to do so....sort of wishing someone beat me to it