Page 75 of 118 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    But again, you seem to be making that decision not based on his quality, but on his age. I'm not saying you're wrong, only that I'm not sure if you're doing the full due diligence here.

Have you seen him play much? I admittedly haven't, but if he is good enough we shouldn't be afraid to use him.
    They're not signing him to a first-team deal to groom for a role three years from now. He'll start when they need him to, and if he wins a spot, he wins a spot. I wouldn't be surprised if he does; he's an impressive young player and speed can't be taught; plus he's already pretty technically good.

MLS is becoming a modern, selling league. More and more younger talents like Davies, Adams and Alvarez are going to be seeing first-team time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore not starting for USMNT tonight. Word is he is carrying a knock but will play for a bit tonight.

(insert grumbling here)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my mind, this team needs to trade a stalwart of that 2017 team out to tell them all to get their shit together. That isn't what TFC does but can we stop being nice and be ruthless for once with players who used to be good who are not anymore?

Bono & Delgado have value in this league - let one of them go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Altidore not starting for USMNT tonight. Word is he is carrying a knock but will play for a bit tonight.

(insert grumbling here)
    Played about 15 minutes in Cleveland tonight.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my mind, this team needs to trade a stalwart of that 2017 team out to tell them all to get their shit together. That isn't what TFC does but can we stop being nice and be ruthless for once with players who used to be good who are not anymore?

yah, 2 guys that seem to have gotten too comfortable and both were early on in their careers
    add Zavs and Morrow to that list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    yah, 2 guys that seem to have gotten too comfortable and both were early on in their careers
    add Zavs and Morrow to that list
    Yeah I was going to say Morrow. I like him, but it might be a time for a rethink on a lot of that core group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah I was going to say Morrow. I like him, but it might be a time for a rethink on a lot of that core group.
    love him, but we need better and hes not getting any younger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ interviewed Bill Manning before the game. Apparently Curtis is in New York tonight finalizing a deal for a TAM player that will be announced shortly. Also asked him about the possibility of getting Seba back but Manning didn’t really say too much in response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep playing the kid. Some great play from him tonight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    KJ interviewed Bill Manning before the game. Apparently Curtis is in New York tonight finalizing a deal for a TAM player that will be announced shortly. Also asked him about the possibility of getting Seba back but Manning didn’t really say too much in response.
    How many times have we heard this before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    We're just 2 weeks away...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali was not at the game tonight, in New York trying to finalize something, so at least he is hopefully close to something.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Ali was not at the game tonight, in New York trying to finalize something, so at least he is hopefully close to something.
    Manning said it was a TAM player. Hopefully we will here who soon.

Also was asked directly about Gio. He didn’t deny anything ...just that he can’t talk about another team’s player..& that he is making a lot of money.

Also that Vanney has the chance to turn this around...but he must turn it around....or else. Paraphrased. He was pretty frank IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be surprised if the TAM guy isn't Janson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Just do it already and tell us after.

They sound like fools continuing to trot out these messages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I will be surprised if the TAM guy isn't Janson.
    Hopefully its him. I like how he can play either wing or as a striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listened to the TFC Roundtable podcast with Manning. In addition to the big TAM signing expect another smaller signing in the upcoming window too. He didnt get into specifics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Listened to the TFC Roundtable podcast with Manning. In addition to the big TAM signing expect another smaller signing in the upcoming window too. He didnt get into specifics.
    If Manning is telling the truth this time, that's a FW and a CB already this window. Would seem more likely then that the smaller signing addresses the midfield or goalkeeper positions.

Maybe we see a holding midfielder come in, and Bradley goes to Mexico? Or perhaps something less earth-shattering and a journeyman GK comes in to replace Bono. Captaining Westberg was a big statement; Bono isn't finding his way back into the team, bar an injury.

Not going to say the Seba rumors aren't leaving me with a warm, fuzzy feeling, but I don't see how it would work, unless Bradley does leave. But there are better moves to make for the future.
    Last edited by Bobo; 06-27-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to see the fullback positions addressed. At RB now we have to live through some costly Auro mistakes (and hope he grows longer term). At LB it would make sense to have a more attack minded second option behind Morrow (Morgan is really just a depth player these days).

God forbid if the Canadian player pool, anywhere, actually produced a quality defender.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    If Manning is telling the truth this time, that's a FW and a CB already this window. Would seem more likely then that the smaller signing addresses the midfield or goalkeeper positions.

We have a goalkeeper issue?

Westberg was the captain last night - he is the best distributor of the ball in the league, bar none. He makes curve passes to the FB's. He is a legitimate all-star level keeper if we solve our bonehead CB problems.

The only issue might be if the #3 guy is a possible #2 and thus Bono an asset worth trading

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westberg was the captain last night - he is the best distributor of the ball in the league, bar none. He makes curve passes to the FB's. He is a legitimate all-star level keeper if we solve our bonehead CB problems.

The only issue might be if the #3 guy is a possible #2 and thus Bono an asset worth trading

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Or perhaps something less earth-shattering and a journeyman GK comes in to replace Bono. Captaining Westberg was a big statement; Bono isn't finding his way back into the team, bar an injury.
    I'm firmly in the Westberg camp as well. But there's no use in hanging on to Bono's salary with Westberg hopefully able to give TFC a couple more good years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup he's very good on the ball. Sometimes it looks like certain of our more unskilled central defenders resent him a bit because he's not afraid to give them the ball, and they panic playing it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bono puts in a transfer request, we could also get some TAM money back as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true. Westberg has been fantastic; I just hope that age and the TFC second keeper curse don’t hit him.

If Bradley does leave then that’s a sign they aren’t looking to make it far this year, and that we will see Fraser in that spot with someone potentially coming later. I doubt we see them bringing in a solid defensive mid this window.

I’m in the RB camp, but I don’t see it happening with Auro and Laryea still here. I think Laryea is probably as good as Auro at this point, considering Auro spends quite a bit of time injured, plus he costs nothing. A defensively solid RB would be an upgrade on either and allow us to play differently too. It would also help the weaker side of our defense (though hopefully OG does that as well).

I don’t see them bringing in another CB, and don’t see them letting Zavaleta go this season anyway.

I’m a little less interested in the signings (I doubt we see anything other than the guys we’ve already pursued), and a little more interested on if we’re shipping anyone out in preparation for next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    more interested on if we’re shipping anyone out in preparation for next season.
    Well if anyone isn't afraid to shake things up it's Curtis so we'll see.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well if anyone isn't afraid to shake things up it's Curtis so we'll see.
    Plus there's a subtext when manning was talking about Vanney that they expect him to succeed mostly with what he's got (with a couple of reinforcements).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    This is true. Westberg has been fantastic; I just hope that age and the TFC second keeper curse don’t hit him.

If Bradley does leave then that’s a sign they aren’t looking to make it far this year, and that we will see Fraser in that spot with someone potentially coming later. I doubt we see them bringing in a solid defensive mid this window.

I’m in the RB camp, but I don’t see it happening with Auro and Laryea still here. I think Laryea is probably as good as Auro at this point, considering Auro spends quite a bit of time injured, plus he costs nothing. A defensively solid RB would be an upgrade on either and allow us to play differently too. It would also help the weaker side of our defense (though hopefully OG does that as well).

I don’t see them bringing in another CB, and don’t see them letting Zavaleta go this season anyway.

I’m a little less interested in the signings (I doubt we see anything other than the guys we’ve already pursued), and a little more interested on if we’re shipping anyone out in preparation for next season.
    I agree with most of what is said here. Zavaleta honestly hasn’t been that bad this year? Hes just an average MLS CB (which isn’t good) lol. I think they could try Ciman at RB once Omar starts playing. I like Auro hes def not the reason we suck on defense as seen when hes been out injured. I like Richie higher up the pitch hes really a mid fielder, no clue why Vanney is trying him at RB.

Kristen Jack said Deleon was a lot better in the middle of the field and I agree. Maybe he could be a defensive mid if/when Bradley leaves. He seems a little too slow and not a great finisher to be a right winger where Vanney has been playing him.

Hopefully Janson is on the way, with Jozy hurt half the time I feel like we need a versatile forward like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF - Manning says that Ali is in NY negotiating for a TAM signing last night and we don't even have a sniff of a rumour as to who it is?

Since when was there such a tight ship?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    WTF - Manning says that Ali is in NY negotiating for a TAM signing last night and we don't even have a sniff of a rumour as to who it is?

Since when was there such a tight ship?
    I'd expect Skjestal or Tenorio to get the name