Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    We're playing Houston tonight. it's calling for rain. The only logical strategy would be bring back Andy Welsh.
    Well, they could really use the best finisher in the modern era. Even though his goal in the rain was against another club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    CanPL.
    Yeah I was thinking about Telfer when I wrote about loaning Fraser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Lucas Janson hasn't signed with Velez. Some talk that he is on his way to Toronto. On the #TFClive Twitter handle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Looks like Lucas Janson hasn't signed with Velez. Some talk that he is on his way to Toronto. On the #TFClive Twitter handle.
    which twitter account?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What’s up with Gallardo?? Is he going to play today?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    What’s up with Gallardo?? Is he going to play today?
    See above in this thread. According to journos, probably not. Picked up a knock in training.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Thursday Vanney said he had a quad issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to say, 27 minutes in and those who were saying get rid of Bradley for Fraser make me very angry.

This is a losing squad tonight but you’re an idiot if you think Fraser takes Bradley’s role at this point.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I just wanted to say, 27 minutes in and those who were saying get rid of Bradley for Fraser make me very angry.

This is a losing squad tonight but you’re an idiot if you think Fraser takes Bradley’s role at this point.
    Like this point?

I took it as at the end of the season when they need to negotiate Bradleys deal, no?

I think it would be idiotic to look at this first half on the head of one player.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Like this point?

I took it as at the end of the season when they need to negotiate Bradleys deal, no?

I think it would be idiotic to look at this first half on the head of one player.
    You’ll be naive to think Bradley’s agent isn’t taking calls from other teams looking for a contract as a free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    which twitter account?
    Just search his name on twitter. Velez fans are convinced he's coming our way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the biggest inseason move which needs to happen after tonight's game is a new coach who is proven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I think the biggest inseason move which needs to happen after tonight's game is a new coach who is proven

There is clearly no doubt that Greg Vanney and co must be fired. I had 10 people behind me near the end of the game just insulting Vanney for 5 straight minutes. And that coward curled up like a baby. He was quiet on the bench all game...the houston coach was lively all game. He is an incompetent coach and was never good, just had good players making up for his shit. That lineup tonight...just plain stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Just search his name on twitter. Velez fans are convinced he's coming our way.
    Nothing reliable, just that velez refuses to pay 2.2 mill for Janson. I would def pay 2.2 for him if i were tfc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Nothing reliable, just that velez refuses to pay 2.2 mill for Janson. I would def pay 2.2 for him if i were tfc.
    2.2 transfer fee?

Plus whatever he wants per year, amortize that 2.2 over the length of the contract, so we have the TAM available to close it down?

Say he wants 1.5 a year, but a 2 year contract, that would make 3.6 a year, we have 1mm in TAM left, we can’t.

1.5, 5 year, would be a different story, 440,000, but with remaining TAM still doesn’t drop him below maximum budget charge.

This is all hypothetical and based on “reporting” that we only have 1mm in TAM remaining.

Just not seeing how it will work with our current financial situation.

Maybe if he wants a million a year for 5, it would work, cause you could buy down the million in TAM then our budget charge would be 440,000 which in my opinion is well worth it for someone who’s quality is Better than Oso..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    2.2 transfer fee?

Plus whatever he wants per year, amortize that 2.2 over the length of the contract, so we have the TAM available to close it down?

Say he wants 1.5 a year, but a 2 year contract, that would make 3.6 a year, we have 1mm in TAM left, we can’t.

1.5, 5 year, would be a different story, 440,000, but with remaining TAM still doesn’t drop him below maximum budget charge.

This is all hypothetical and based on “reporting” that we only have 1mm in TAM remaining.

Just not seeing how it will work with our current financial situation.

Maybe if he wants a million a year for 5, it would work, cause you could buy down the million in TAM then our budget charge would be 440,000 which in my opinion is well worth it for someone who’s quality is Better than Oso..
    From the moment he was loaned to us it had looked like he was in DP territory between fees and salary demands.

Unless we go LA Galaxy I’m not seeing how they bring him in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    From the moment he was loaned to us it had looked like he was in DP territory between fees and salary demands.

Well that would just be writing on the wall Bradley is leaving at the end of the season.

I think they could do it, if management backloaded the salary after the remaining half of the 2019 season.

Good little player, not sure if he is worth the effort we’ve expended in chasing him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Well that would just be writing on the wall Bradley is leaving at the end of the season.

I think they could do it, if management backloaded the salary after the remaining half of the 2019 season.

Good little player, not sure if he is worth the effort we’ve expended in chasing him.
    I’d rather them shake out the couch and acquire a solid DP instead of a TAM/threshold DP, but that’s just because it’s not my money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he better not be a dp...he wont sell a ticket,6000 to 7000 empty seats every game.i hope they are looking for more of a name for a dp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt he would ask for 1.5 mill per year. He seems to really want to come to toronto. What is he being paid now?

4 year deal 1 mill a season plus 2.2 mill fee, 6.2 mill over 4 years is just over the max 1.5 per year. If they accept a 2 mill fee it would workout. But all this tam nonsense could go out the window in a year with a new cba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Said this at the beginning of the year, and will say this again. Outside of Omar and Mavinga, and maybe Moor on small salary, every other CB needs to go. Garbage CB’s, with bloated contracts. We talk about a wingers and strikers all the time, which I do believe we need, but we never fixed our CB problem from last year (Omar excluded). We still need 1 more good CB, and maybe a young CB from TFC2 to groom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I doubt he would ask for 1.5 mill per year. He seems to really want to come to toronto. What is he being paid now?

4 year deal 1 mill a season plus 2.2 mill fee, 6.2 mill over 4 years is just over the max 1.5 per year. If they accept a 2 mill fee it would workout. But all this tam nonsense could go out the window in a year with a new cba.
    The numbers are the least issue, because the FO know what they have to work with.

I’m thinking they landed on Gallardo because he’s cheap and other teams were asking too much thinking they’d fleece us.

So either we have TAM left over after signing Gallardo and it’s enough to bring in someone else, or we realized we can’t possibly sign the players we wanted for what we had available and resorted to signing Gallardo instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Said this at the beginning of the year, and will say this again. Outside of Omar and Mavinga, and maybe Moor on small salary, every other CB needs to go. Garbage CB’s, with bloated contracts. We talk about a wingers and strikers all the time, which I do believe we need, but we never fixed our CB problem from last year (Omar excluded). We still need 1 more good CB, and maybe a young CB from TFC2 to groom.
    Gonzalez has looked good so far, and if he doesn’t catch the TFC injury but it would be great. I don’t think Mavinga can play the full season, which is unfortunate. That’s the only reason to still have Ciman, but we should be looking for a younger ball-playing CB to replace him (though that’s a difficult type of player to find for cheap).

Moor is cooked and has looked terrible this year. If they give him a Hernandez deal I could see it, but I don’t see him returning after this year otherwise.

Zavaleta should be any cheap domestic backup CB, and unfortunately I don’t think Dunn is ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonzalez has looked good so far, and if he doesn’t catch the TFC injury but it would be great. I don’t think Mavinga can play the full season, which is unfortunate. That’s the only reason to still have Ciman, but we should be looking for a younger ball-playing CB to replace him (though that’s a difficult type of player to find for cheap).

Moor is cooked and has looked terrible this year. If they give him a Hernandez deal I could see it, but I don’t see him returning after this year otherwise.

Zavaleta should be any cheap domestic backup CB, and unfortunately I don’t think Dunn is ready.
    Bunk anderson from tfc2 is looking great. He should be ready next season. Moor needs to go hes finished and awful now. Zavaletta is gone hopefully his contract is up. Ciman is fine with Omar. He can fill in when mavinga is out but those two together is a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On Thursday Vanney said he had a quad issue.
    He's getting injured already?

He'll fit right in...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if we have a urrutti/gallardo situation here,gm signing.coach not liking the player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wonder if we have a urrutti/gallardo situation here,gm signing.coach not liking the player.
    Or maybe we have a “hadn’t trained in over a month and came out too hard to get match fit and strained a quad” issue..

I don’t think it’s hard to believe that players pick up knocks, issues and strains while training..

could have been something as simple as over training, trying to get up to speed too quickly does the same thing.. who knows, all speculation at this point, but I think we might see him next weekend.
    Last edited by Carter; 07-21-2019 at 05:12 PM. Reason: deleted double word

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless Gallardo threw hands at Vanney he’d probably have to do a lot to get dropped that quickly without ever having made it to the pitch, and he’d have to be a ridiculously bad pickup to not make it into the squad with the talent we have at left wing currently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i keep forgetting we are half way through the year, so it’s only a partial budget charge for this year... but the contract would have to be termed to eat that transfer fee like Mik said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Or maybe we have a “hadn’t trained in over a month and came out too hard to get match fit and strained a quad” issue..

I don’t think it’s hard to believe that players pick up knocks, issues and strains while training..

could have ave been something as simple as over training, trying to get up to speed too quickly does the same thing.. who knows, all speculation at this point, but I think we might see him next weekend.
    With the amount of injuries we have, I’m almost certain the trainings we’ve all seen are just for show and they secretly have some sort of American Gladiators-esque blood sport going on during the behind closed doors ones.