Page 30 of 118 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    I have a feeling Arjen E. Robbin would be a cancer in the locker room ala VDV. That whole dutch team has under-performed based on potential worse than any team in history (including TFC circa Danny K) as it is rife with pure asshats. I'm very wary of anyone from that group disrupting what now seems to be like a cohesive locker room. But as I've never met the man maybe he's a wonderful person. Doubt it but stranger things have happened.
    I think you need to refrain from such thoughts. Can’t make judgements on people like that solely based on the Reds past experiences with GvdW. It’s not fair to anyone. Have an open mind. As you said you have never met the man.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    To be fair he probably has better distribution than Bono.
    that's a pretty low bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    In 5 years of MLS I bet he'd play around 80 of 170 matches.
    And still score more goals than Deleon lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    And still score more goals than Deleon lol
    Probably but this past off season enough people on here wanted to dump Jozy because of all the matches he missed through injury yet he is still up there in goals scored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    in order to get rossi under TAM he would need to be on at least an eight year contract to spread the 3.5 million over the length of the contract and be under 1.5 million per year. Also Rossi is a young DP an so only costs 250000 or so to the cap.
    Man MLS rules are super annoying

Thanks for clarifying

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Robben is injury prone. Guy only played a handful of games this year. What makes you think he'll fair any better coming to MLS playing on Shitty turf fields and getting chopped down left right and centre?
    He's 35 - the guy is worth $1.5 in MLS - For half a season - He's a TAM player.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 04-09-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    I have a feeling Arjen E. Robbin would be a cancer in the locker room ala VDV. That whole dutch team has under-performed based on potential worse than any team in history (including TFC circa Danny K) as it is rife with pure asshats. I'm very wary of anyone from that group disrupting what now seems to be like a cohesive locker room. But as I've never met the man maybe he's a wonderful person. Doubt it but stranger things have happened.
    The dutch team tends to go in cycles. Robben was in the 2010 team that reached the world cup final and then came 3rd in the 2014 world cup. Not bad for a country that under performs. You'd have to look at his club record though to get a better idea of him. Successful in Pl with Chelsea under Jose Mourinho, who has a habit of falling out with players. He was then successful with Real and then Bayern. I think if anything his professionalism would be an asset for any team. You can possibly argue about his injury state but for what he'd bring and has brought to locker rooms, he's be an invaluable asset.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No question. The way you make it to 10 years on one of the biggest teams in the world, in a madhouse fan/media environment....is by being a locker room problem.

And yeah, that Dutch thing.... a country of 10 million getting to a World Cup final, that is for sure a sign of major locker room problems everywhere. That is obvious too. For sure.

The injury part, OK. I leave that with the team medics. I would say declarations here that “he would get injured” or “he's done” are things you could say about any player over thirty. David Villa was great aged 36. It depends. On a short deal this risk could be acceptable.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-10-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oranje has plenty of headcases with locker room issues. Arjen Robben was not one of them. Like his style of play or not, you wont find a more professional player then him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My no on Robben is based on his injury proclivity & ROI of a guy of that calibre in his 30's compared to a guy of a lesser calibre in his mid 20's. Hell yes, 2020 CCL would be fun but I'd like to see this team do CCL in 2021 & 2022.

Regardless, seems the team isn't interested anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets see if anything is coming TFCs way or if they are sitting on the top spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Lets see if anything is coming TFCs way or if they are sitting on the top spot.

I'm guessing they keep the spot for the summer to avoid giving half of what they acquire to Cincy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC's own words about transfer rumours, incl. Robben (that's a no):

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...start-and-more

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Toronto FC's own words about transfer rumours, incl. Robben (that's a no):

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...start-and-more
    Also says Curtis hopes to get one player in by the end of this window & although another would be nice, would be Ok with 1 for the next window.

Wish these guys would stop with the "soon" talk that is almost always followed by "a few more weeks" stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Also says Curtis hopes to get one player in by the end of this window & although another would be nice, would be Ok with 1 for the next window.

Wish these guys would stop with the "soon" talk that is almost always followed by "a few more weeks" stuff.
    Agreed. There is no rush if being patient gets us the right players

The ultimate goal for me is Champions league. We basically have to get both players perfect and have some other things go our way to get back to a champions league final

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Agreed. There is no rush if being patient gets us the right players

The ultimate goal for me is Champions league. We basically have to get both players perfect and have some other things go our way to get back to a champions league final
    They probably need Bradley to go down to TAM and get another DP to make a run in champions league again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleon's contract has been extended until 2021. Buffery released an article. Good deal he's impressed and shown his worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems a bit premature tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i thought the consensus was that we had room for 3 TAM - 2 now and 1 in summer or some combination thereof - it's sounding like we only have 2 TAM from Gareth Wheeler's most recent TFC Insider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Deleon's contract has been extended until 2021. Buffery released an article. Good deal he's impressed and shown his worth.
    A little freaking early for that, no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, DeLeaon was on the last year of his DCU contract and thus had the option to presign for 2020 with anybody else overseas as of July 1st. I'd like to know how much we are paying him for 2020 as he was on $300 K or there abouts with the contract he singed with DCU & we were obligated to pick that up with the waiver draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As they are involved in fluid negotiations with open ended time frames I am unsure what language would make you happier?
    Maybe in this window is soon. Definitely in the summer is later. I don't know what else they can say. Negotiations are ongoing. We don't know when they will conclude, but we are hopeful it will be very soon. It may be in a few weeks though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i thought the consensus was that we had room for 3 TAM - 2 now and 1 in summer or some combination thereof - it's sounding like we only have 2 TAM from Gareth Wheeler's most recent TFC Insider
    It was. Perhaps Plan A didn't go to plan since Manning was expecting a signing done last week, and now they are on plan B. Who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Seems a bit premature tbh
    Listening to a podcast earlier, the COYR with the DeLeon interview, they said that TFC had been trying to get DeLeon for a couple of years already but just couldn't come to terms with DC. I really don't see how this different than bringing in a new guy and signing him to a three year deal? The team scouted him, got him, he has performed well, if we don't sign him why did we go through this process?
    Are you expecting that an athlete who has moved cities, is starting every week, is contributing to team wins, is going to be happy to continue playing on an expiring contract?
    Everyone shits on the FO when guys get to end of their contract and leave, then people shit on the FO when we sing starters to extensions.
    I truly hope the FO never reads this stuff because there is absolutely no way to make us happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Listening to a podcast earlier, the COYR with the DeLeon interview, they said that TFC had been trying to get DeLeon for a couple of years already but just couldn't come to terms with DC. I really don't see how this different than bringing in a new guy and signing him to a three year deal? The team scouted him, got him, he has performed well, if we don't sign him why did we go through this process?
    Are you expecting that an athlete who has moved cities, is starting every week, is contributing to team wins, is going to be happy to continue playing on an expiring contract?
    Everyone shits on the FO when guys get to end of their contract and leave, then people shit on the FO when we sing starters to extensions.
    I truly hope the FO never reads this stuff because there is absolutely no way to make us happy.

1. He's played a handful of games with the team
    2. He's an MLS lifer, he isn't going to sign a deal with a foreign team come the summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait for the chips to fall but I'm guessing this means we pick up a small amount of TAM/GAM or some other minor asset and we maintain the #1 allocation spot when all is said and done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Wait for the chips to fall but I'm guessing this means we pick up a small amount of TAM/GAM or some other minor asset and we maintain the #1 allocation spot when all is said and done.
    Exactly. We'll get between 50-100k and then retain the number 1 spot after they use it. Figured this would happen since it seems like they dont want to give up the #1 spot. Perhaps they have plans on a summer signing when European leagues are finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Exactly. We'll get between 50-100k and then retain the number 1 spot after they use it. Figured this would happen since it seems like they dont want to give up the #1 spot. Perhaps they have plans on a summer signing when European leagues are finished.
    Maybe they can use the extra tam for a winger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m assuming we just pass and that’s it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m assuming we just pass and that’s it
    Why not just claim him? He would be the best CB on TFC.