Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 3511
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take Hutchinson on a cheap deal just to be in the locker room & Cheyrou his way around the place.

But 3 months ago he was asked & said it wasn't going to happen for various reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hutchinson on a 1.5 year deal I would jump at, but it would almost certainly have to be non-TAM and I don't know if he'd do it.

I'd sign him in the 300k-400k range on that term honestly. A true pro and even at his age he would be an upgrade on Delgado and would shore up the #8 roaming CM role (we currently don't have a like-for-like replacement or challenger for Delgado's spot... Atiba could play there or we could move Bradley there and play Atiba at DM). Quite durable for his age too, 25 appearances last year and he will reach that mark this season too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Villalba is miles ahead of Janson. They are not in the same conversation. Let's not kid ourselves.
    Janson had better numbers in argentina. They are very similar level. Same age, janson with pozuelo would be interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done with the Boyd talk, clearly people will believe what they want, I don't care enough to repeat my points.

Hutch would be great. Question is would people take him over TAM level winger? Is that a position we badly need filled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Done with the Boyd talk, clearly people will believe what they want, I don't care enough to repeat my points.

Hutch would be great. Question is would people take him over TAM level winger? Is that a position we badly need filled?
    I would take hutch and a winger over a cb and a winger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I would take hutch and a winger over a cb and a winger.
    Could be why we didn't make any signings during this window. Other possibilities on the horizon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be why we didn't make any signings during this window. Other possibilities on the horizon
    Didnt curtis say 1-2 tam players and maybe a couple of canadians?

Hoilet would be amazing. Maybe a tam to dp type deal. Hutch made 750000 euros last season. Im prettt sure tfc is sitting on a lot of tam money.

Vv money to hoilet.
    Vdw money to hutch.
    Ager money to janson.
    They also got tam and gam money from the hagglund trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I didn't go back and read a bunch of posts about it but this is my two cents on Boyd. I had no issues with them taking a chance on him and I just had hoped they did their homework. He now gets paid for what he is doing today though, not what he did before in whatever league before he was injured. Nobody has to watch another league regularly to know what kind of performance he is putting in at TFC so far in our league and have an opinion on it. What he is doing today is largely underwhelming based on what we have seen. The "he's played 29 minutes in 5 games" stuff that some bring up saying he hasn't had the chance to prove himself is a load of crap in my opinion. That 29 min is only the time that we got to see him play. Vanney sees him every day in training since he got here. Ever think that maybe all he deserved was 29 min in 5 games based on what the coaches see at training? If he was blowing everyone away in training, where he gets to spend many hours with the opportunity to impress, then do you really think he would only be getting minimal minutes? Of course not. And for those that think that a player can't make a great impression in 5 or 10 minutes in a game I don't buy that either. I have seen new players to the team get their first few touches and I went "whoa" because you know there is something there. Noticed that with Auro and Janson recently in their first matches. I have yet to see anything that made me go "whoa" with Boyd other than the penalty in his first match. Hopefully he proves me wrong in the end. Right now I would prefer to still have Ricketts coming off the bench. Just my opinion.
    This post says everything I’m thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onto the next batch of non-Boyd talk...

We shall see exactly what Curtis and co. have in mind during the next window, no excuses then.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoilet would be amazing. Maybe a tam to dp type deal. Hutch made 750000 euros last season. Im prettt sure tfc is sitting on a lot of tam money.

Vv money to hoilet.
    Vdw money to hutch.
    Ager money to janson.
    We don't know if there's any VdW money, at least for this year. They might have had to eat all or part of that. (Aketxe was our one legal buyout for this year.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    We don't know if there's any VdW money, at least for this year. They might have had to eat all or part of that. (Aketxe was our one legal buyout for this year.)
    I read there was some relief for releasing him. Also TAM goes up each year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was simply adding where he actually played, which wasn’t the Bundesliga and that he didn’t show up in the 2.B when he ended up there because he ended up injured and never returned to playing that level with any talent or ability or results worth mentioning.

It doesn’t bear repetition because there’s nothing to repeat. He is a failed prospect who is likely to never return results for us, unfortunately. I was one of the users questioning if he’d ever recap his potential here, but to be honest it doesn’t look like it.

If he’s not above the depth chart for Hamilton and Akinola (which isn’t hard) from someone who watches him play day in day out here (Vanney) that’s saying a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    We ate a lot of VdW’s contract I’m sure. Either that or he’s not as much of a dick as it would seem, because he could have just sat here on free money all day occupying a roster spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vv money to hoilet.
    Vdw money to hutch.
    Ager money to janson.
    We discussed Hoilett earlier. He’s on too big a contract for a TAM deal. Can’t remember the numbers off hand - $3 million a maybe? And would require a fairly sizeable transfer fee. I’d love to get him though.
    Last edited by Canary10; 05-10-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We discussed Hoilett earlier. He’s on too big a contract for a TAM deal. Can’t remember the numbers off hand - $3 million a maybe? And would require a fairly sizeable transfer fee. I’d love to get him though.
    MLS gonna MLS, so unless you’re literally at MLS HQ it’s kind of difficult to understand the intricacies, I guess.

“Sign everyone on a TAM deal!” Osorio is one of our TAM deals.

Janson would have been a DP had we signed him. VV was a DP who accepted a bizarre contract to get out of Mexico (hint: he was the DP they wanted to sign instead of Giovinco). Hoilett would be a DP too.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 05-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weekly Pravda (now with annoying in joke sound effects) was talking like the Canadians would be from the academy. They were bigging up Nelson & Shaffelburg.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-11-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The weekly Pravda (now with annoying in joke sound effects) was talking like the Canadians would be from the academy. They were bigging up Nelson & Shaffelburg.
    Ya, I didn’t like the “Ali Curtis say he likes the team we have”. Sure, I like the team we have, as in I like the players and cheer for them (including Boyd) - but it needs width and pace, which they have been saying for months. It’s unbalanced, and we lost Seba and VV both apparently unexpectedly. If we look at the off-season as essentially starting last October, you can’t give management very good grades. They had to fill three expected holes (Striker, CB, winger) and two unexpected (Striker, AM) and filled one successfully; jury out on the second (Ciman). Not the best offseason. The other thing is Ricketts can be added to the list of people we have let go that we never properly replaced - Beita, Edwards, Hasler. There has been some odd decision making on the departures given the lack of replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be a long year watching and waiting for any of the ‘kids’ to step up. Could be very good for the younger players, and very bad for the season as a whole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Ya, I didn’t like the “Ali Curtis say he likes the team we have”.
    That's just the standard line when you stand pat during a window. That's what Spurs said last summer too.

The main positives to us waiting is that better options may be available in July and an even better thing but far less likely is that one of our fringe players steps up and impresses. I doubt the latter but you never know however the Atlanta match didn't fill me with confidence of any bench players making a legit impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t disagree that waiting is better than a panic buy. But they have been planning for this since October. Very poor on the width and pace part when they have been talking about that for six months. As for the youngsters, Chapman has stepped up and needs more minutes, but is blocked by similar players. Hamilton May be stepping up - likely needs to play more often in a 2 up front - but that about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure about Hamilton. He does make some runs off the ball but when he actually has the ball at his feet he is a mess. I still think he is best used as a sub. It would have been nice for one of the 3 forwards to step up and outright claim this spot but none of them were fantastic. Hamilton wins over Akinola but none of them are sure fire MLS starter quality.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our worst mistake to date has been not protecting Raheem in that expansion draft. If you go back and watch previous match highlights he is what we complain about in what we're lacking. The amount of assists from crosses he provided to giovinco, ricketts and other players is outstanding. He was such a great sub and one of our only players (outside of current pozuelo) who could make a decent cross as a professional player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did Curtis say at halftime? I missed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    What did Curtis say at halftime? I missed it.
    Same thing he said in the article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Same thing he said in the article.
    A fat lot of nothing.

I would like the question put to him why it takes him so long to sign players? This is not rushing, this is being slow at your job.

Is the sad reality here that he’s been away from the game for a while and he is now desperately trying to get up to speed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No rush, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better call up Julian Dunn to play CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better call up Julian Dunn to play CB.
    In all seriousness, is he ready? Does anyone have a valuation on him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont think he is ready..the way this team plays defence..its like throwing him to the wolves
    they fiddle around with the ball too much in the back like they think they are man city...he would get killed.
    Last edited by reggie; 05-11-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    In all seriousness, is he ready? Does anyone have a valuation on him?
    Did you not se him get destroyed last year?