Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    According to the stats in the "Banter" thread we had seven players above the max salary last year.
    I believe it was:
    Bradley
    Altidore
    Giovinco
    Vasquez
    Oso
    Mavinga
    Akexte
    Oh but what about VDW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh but what about VDW.
    Technically Oso and Aketxe never overlapped If I understand correctly. 7 looks to be the number

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga is also on TAM unless his contract has changed.
    Max charge is now $530K and Mavinga is currently on $500 000.04. Why 4 cents? No idea.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Max charge is now $530K and Mavinga is currently on $500 000.04. Why 4 cents? No idea.
    Works out to a monthly salary of $41,666.67. My salary too ends in 4 cents, however I make nowhere close to the 41,000 per month

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So apparently the brain trust is looking at everything BUT a striker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I guess they figure with a single striker set up that Boyd & Hamilton are good enough as back up. I would agree if we get a winger that can score as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. Giving Akinola and Hamilton a chance to play is good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Kind of meaningless statement without visibility into how many others they were following, then and generally, how names get added and subtracted, and what “following” means.

The question of pipeline and conversion rate is a fascinating one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So much for the theory that this was a panic signing. Fast, but they've been watching him for years.
    I agree with ensco.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was about to post this. Makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess..a winger, CB.RB.DM,i like the look of bradley more up front.if we do get a injury at striker we can still bring one in later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I agree with ensco.
    It’s entirely likely they were planning on moving for Pozo to replace Vazquez in the summer, but the Giovinco departure required them to bring him in sooner hence all the other issues. Considering every player they’ve looked at in that position was a Belgian POTY CAM it would be surprising that they’d had conversations with him. Vazquez was on their radar and had spoken to them before Giovinco was even signed, so I doubt they’re making all of this up.

The only difference is that it’s more likely he was supposed to leave in the summer than after the winter window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i guess..a winger, CB.RB.DM,i like the look of bradley more up front.if we do get a injury at striker we can still bring one in later.
    1) RB/CB hybrid would be nice. Similar to how Mavinga can play LB and CB. A younger guy 22-26 would be nice.

2) A prolific goal scoring winger who's an older veteran at 35 or opposite exact opposite and go for young winger 20-22 who can grow. Probably can't afford a "prime" 27-28 year old top level winger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If VDW sees the pitch again they might as well fire Vanney or he should resign the second its forced upon him. VDW is a locker-room cancer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to TAM money, does anybody have any idea about the ball park of that total?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo deal is a 4 year deal, $4 million AAV, as per KJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curtis said a few players so I am assuming three. Maybe two this window and add one in the summer?

I would sign two wingers or even a guy who can play the wing and fullback like Deleon. Fabian Johnson could be that guy and they do hold the number one allocation spot.

Then add a young winger from South America.

The third guy would be a CB or a Defensive mid to help Bradley out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Curtis said a few players so I am assuming three. Maybe two this window and add one in the summer?

I would sign two wingers or even a guy who can play the wing and fullback like Deleon. Fabian Johnson could be that guy and they do hold the number one allocation spot.

Then add a young winger from South America.

The third guy would be a CB or a Defensive mid to help Bradley out.
    There are depth issues at every position. How will this team score, if Altidore gets injured (again)? The back up forwards on this team are avg MLS caliber, at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    There are depth issues at every position. How will this team score, if Altidore gets injured (again)? The back up forwards on this team are avg MLS caliber, at best.
    As we continue to improve the calibre of the starting eleven with more acquisitions, there will be a ripple effect as some of our current starters are pushed into reserve roles. The bench will improve as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    As we continue to improve the calibre of the starting eleven with more acquisitions, there will be a ripple effect as some of our current starters are pushed into reserve roles. The bench will improve as well.
    yup, Delgado goes back to the bench depending on formation.

And I fully expect a few goals from Hamilton with good pozu service. The kid just needs consistency, that header was excellent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need a TAM to take over Delgado role..... a player with more muscle on the ball.

plus I still don't know why Zavaleta is still on this team... JMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    need a TAM to take over Delgado role..... a player with more muscle on the ball.

plus I still don't know why Zavaleta is still on this team... JMHO
    Hes the 4th CB, not really a concern and provides some experience if someone goes down. Lets hope he is more like 17 Zavs, than 18 Zavs if he does play much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tfc 2 signed a 20 yr old argentine CB who may be in the future of the big club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Hes the 4th CB, not really a concern and provides some experience if someone goes down. Lets hope he is more like 17 Zavs, than 18 Zavs if he does play much.
    Its a concern because we need to have someone before Zavaleta, meaning if someone goes down Zavaleta should not be the next choice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would give Delgado at least 10-15 games as a starter beside Bradley, before deciding on whether to move him to the bench.

I don’t think we want to make every move now, we need to wait and see where the glaring holes are in the summer window. Marky is still young and was damn close to being a star in this league, let's have some patience.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-05-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I would give Delgado at least 10-15 games as a starter beside Bradley, before deciding on whether to move him to the bench.

I don’t think we want to make every move now, we need to wait and see where the glaring holes are in the summer window. Marky is still young and was damn close to being a star in this league, let's have some patience.
    is Marky still that “young”? Didn’t we get him fro Chivas dispersal draft way back. He has some mileage in this league already and all the years with us. He has flashes of brilliance and random indecision coupled with one or two total brain farts every other game. Is it ceiling of his skills or psychological conditioning? (Where are MLSE sports psychologists? All spent on the Leafs?)
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    is Marky still that “young”? Didn’t we get him fro Chivas dispersal draft way back. He has some mileage in this league already and all the years with us. He has flashes of brilliance and random indecision coupled with one or two total brain farts every other game. Is it ceiling of his skills or psychological conditioning? (Where are MLSE sports psychologists? All spent on the Leafs?)
    He is 23. He just hasn’t been the same post Guadalajara, he was really developing before that.

The guy could be a quality domestic in MLS for the next 10 years. He really could.

Let's at least build up his trade value.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if people have noticed but Atlanta has moved from the track meet 4-1-4-1 counter team they were last year to a possession oriented 3-4-3.

Because of that, people who were great for them last year are trying to figure out how to play things while certain people are being more relied upon. e.g. Gonzalez Perez who is GOOD at passing the ball out of the back is now instructed to only play defence and give the ball to Darlington Nagbe ASAP.

Same thing is going to happen here, but less extreme & more pragmatic.

As we move from a Seba & Jozy feeding focused 3-5-2 to a spread it wide & play into runners 4-3-3, certain players are going to get more time & certain others are going to struggle & others are going to have their roles change. This has ramifications for every single player on the pitch.

2017 is dead

Long live 2019

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we move from a Seba & Jozy feeding focused 3-5-2 to a spread it wide & play into runners 4-3-3, certain players are going to get more time & certain others are going to struggle & others are going to have their roles change. This has ramifications for every single player on the pitch.
    Which might be a good thing. Too much comfort in our old system. This should open up the battle for starting spots and some healthy competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Which might be a good thing. Too much comfort in our old system. This should open up the battle for starting spots and some healthy competition.

We have our prime aged CAM, Kaku (Pozuelo) and veteran striker Wright Philips (Altidore)

I am betting Curtis is going to go after a young CB (Aaron Long) and winger (Daniel Royer.)

NYRB is a first class organization I like the direction personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto had a wake up call in the CCL...

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    We have our prime aged CAM, Kaku (Pozuelo) and veteran striker Wright Philips (Altidore)

I am betting Curtis is going to go after a young CB (Aaron Long) and winger (Daniel Royer.)

NYRB is a first class organization I like the direction personally.

management is now scrambling after being embarrassed. Also, the players themselves were embarrassed.. especially Vanney..

Deleon in my opinion has become the BIGGEST surprise.