Page 73 of 118 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3511
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman also played in Belgium so could have been an attempt to make Pozo feel at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I'll have to cut management some slack - if the USMNT picks Omar, hard to criticize Curtis and Manning for acquiring him.

Now, if they knew they could get Omar, what were they doing acquiring Ciman??? (cant let them totally off the hook)
    Because Moor likely isn’t going to be playing much “more,” and Ciman replaces Mavinga and is also a decent backup CB. It was obvious that TFC wanted Gonzalez before the winter window closed, which would have seen Ciman as a backup, not a nailed on starting role because our CBs can’t stay fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s see what we are paying Ciman. That will tell if this was the intended solution or someone who they pictured as a backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Ciman also played in Belgium so could have been an attempt to make Pozo feel at home.
    Ciman seems more focused on his family than hanging out with players from the squad, and Pozo seems more about family life than the limelight as well.

I suspect bringing in little pieces of Belgium aren’t exactly helpful in making a Spaniard feel more at home though...

Pozo: “I’m homesick! Can you please bring me some Belgian food, a Belgian climate, the soulless Ottawa of Europe, picturesque small town tourist traps seen only through the lens of photoshop filters, and people speaking either Newfie French or an even more bizarre version of Dutch?”

Actually, has anyone heard Jozy speaking French/Creole? It’d be interesting for someone to compile a list of languages spoken by our players just for general interest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Ciman seems more focused on his family than hanging out with players from the squad, and Pozo seems more about family life than the limelight as well.

I suspect bringing in little pieces of Belgium aren’t exactly helpful in making a Spaniard feel more at home though...

Pozo: “I’m homesick! Can you please bring me some Belgian food, a Belgian climate, the soulless Ottawa of Europe, picturesque small town tourist traps seen only through the lens of photoshop filters, and people speaking either Newfie French or an even more bizarre version of Dutch?”

As someone that had to learn to play in the league and adjust to the lifestyle its not so farfetched to think so. Pozo played in Belgium for 4 years, there will be adjustments. Has nothing to do with what goes on in their free time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still think that this team has 3 benchmarks when it comes to what player recruitment is leading towards

a) win the Voyageurs (this is a must for Manning & others)
    b) get into the playoffs
    c) compete with LAFC next season for the best in the league

The 2015 TFC was being developed to peak in 2017 & 2018.

The 2019 TFC is being developed to peak in 2021.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Still think that this team has 3 benchmarks when it comes to what player recruitment is leading towards

a) win the Voyageurs (this is a must for Manning & others)
    b) get into the finals (at very least eastern conference finals, even then..)
    c) compete with LAFC next season for the best in the league
    fixed (but yeah youre more or less on the money)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone that had to learn to play in the league and adjust to the lifestyle its not so farfetched to think so. Pozo played in Belgium for 4 years, there will be adjustments. Has nothing to do with what goes on in their free time.
    Belgian League is fairly different though, because it’s chock full of random players from all over the place and the rules surrounding non-Belgian players and whatnot are super lax. It’s actually becoming a money laundering and bizarre agent loophole league because of some relatively recent changes.

Something tells me a Spanish player who was developed in Spain and grew up there probably doesn’t relish the Belgian lifestyle or find it incredibly appealing much for the same reason players don’t like playing in England or, for other reasons, in China.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting rumors and gossips
    https://twitter.com/SvwOMYTfc/status...341363712?s=19
    Shame it's such a pain to post pics here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it about the signing that makes you say that? We dont really know Curtis yet; interested in your insights.
    I know a dude who supports NYRB. He always told me that Curtis looked out for younger players for his recruitment. He had only one exception, though, and that was when he signed Damien Perrinelle (around the same as Gonzalez is now).

I only mentioned that this might not necessarily be his signing because we were getting linked with Omar under Bez as well. This could have been one of those signings already in the works, which Curtis gave his okay to; I just found it weird when this was actually announced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting rumors and gossips
    https://twitter.com/SvwOMYTfc/status...341363712?s=19
    Shame it's such a pain to post pics here
    Mediocre Spanish second division striker, can play up top alone or with a partner, couldn’t hack it in La Liga. Perhaps a few years left in the tank.

He probably wouldn’t do too poorly here, but he’s also not a winger so it would force Vanney to play without the wingers he’s set on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    I know a dude who supports NYRB. He always told me that Curtis looked out for younger players for his recruitment. He had only one exception, though, and that was when he signed Damien Perrinelle (around the same as Gonzalez is now).

I only mentioned that this might not necessarily be his signing because we were getting linked with Omar under Bez as well. This could have been one of those signings already in the works, which Curtis gave his okay to; I just found it weird when this was actually announced.
    I don’t think OG is a Curtis signing. He’s probably been on the chalk board for ages or was forced on us by MLS head office to bring him home and make USSF happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mediocre Spanish second division striker, can play up top alone or with a partner, couldn’t hack it in La Liga. Perhaps a few years left in the tank.

He probably wouldn’t do too poorly here, but he’s also not a winger so it would force Vanney to play without the wingers he’s set on.
    Think he played with Pozo in Wales. Likely just follows cuz they're buds but who knows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say I've ever see the Spanish fella play in any manner so I've got no expectations or opinions on him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonzalez should be a Curtis move as the allocation slot only came with the Curtis engineered Cinci trade.

Endoh played for TFCII today, FWIW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonzalez should be a Curtis move as the allocation slot only came with the Curtis engineered Cinci trade.

“I see a USMNT player (former or current) riding the pine in a foreign league. Curtis mode, activate!”

Omar Gonzalez was a rumoured transfer target for TFC prior to allocation being used on Ciman, prior to Curtis signing as GM, and just rumours of him returning to MLS in general stretches back a few years.

Or Curtis is in sole possession of the flux capacitator equipped Delorean and Sports Almanac.

I honestly don’t think Curtis had much of a hand in the Boyd thing either. The amount of USMNT players on TFC (and those who became considered, including players like Danny L) and the blatantly obvious link between the USSF and MLS are pretty apparent.

Not even considering the obvious connections between our recent memory FO staff and management with MLS head office.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 06-09-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just thinking that Telfer's contribution in the game on Friday probably validates CPL's existence. All the Canadian teams should be loaning players to local CPL clubs to get them minutes. The quality is at least USL Championship level and possibly higher so the players are ready to be thrust into MLS-level game situations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other Instagram liker is Beghetto, who could play on the wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve said it before, i’ll say it again: if you’re going to sign off on a move as GM, it’s ultimately yours.

If Curtis wants to be a bag man for someone else’s decisions and risk his own reputation, that’s his problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm just thinking that Telfer's contribution in the game on Friday probably validates CPL's existence. All the Canadian teams should be loaning players to local CPL clubs to get them minutes. The quality is at least USL Championship level and possibly higher so the players are ready to be thrust into MLS-level game situations.
    From what I understand, a lot of CPL supporters aren’t interested in this structure and were upset that TFC recalled Telfer for the game. They prefer an autonomous system and loans and recalls make them feel like a bunch of “2” teams (same reason CPL didn’t want 2nd teams or academy sides in the league).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I understand, a lot of CPL supporters aren’t interested in this structure and were upset that TFC recalled Telfer for the game. They prefer an autonomous system and loans and recalls make them feel like a bunch of “2” teams (same reason CPL didn’t want 2nd teams or academy sides in the league).
    Betya if Man City comes calling and wants to drop a young guy into any of these teams, none of them are complaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Betya if Man City comes calling and wants to drop a young guy into any of these teams, none of them are complaining.
    Seriously, that's how loans work everywhere in the world. People need to stop complaining.

Now - Danny Rose is apparently unsettled at Spurs ... let's go get him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t shoot the messenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I never saw Ciman as a long-term solution. I'm not sure TFC did either. Ciman was a replacement & upgrade for Hernandez; experienced guy who can fill some gaps, step in for injuries or when somebody needs a break; also if we want to play 3 at the back. I believe they also got him pretty cheap, since Ciman had strong personal reasons to be here. (We shall see once the salary list comes out.)

Defense in 2018 was shite; we lost our better "young" CB (Hagglund); and Moor & Mavinga both proved to be at risk for injuries. Moor because of age and general wear & tear; Mavinga because he puts lots of strain on his body with his extreme feats. (He was limping after that amazing kamikaze slide tackle on Friday.)

TFC made it clear that they wanted to improve their defense, and especially that they wanted more quality options for rotation, to preempt over-use and injury. A TAM CB has at least been mentioned in interviews. Maybe they wanted to see how 2019 starts: after Moor's first injuries, and TFC defense leaking goals like a bucket w/o a bottom, hopefully the situation is clear. There are just fewer options, and tougher negotiations, outside of the primary international transfer windows. Perhaps they're hoping for more players to become available as seasons peter out around the world, and before the MLS window closes in May.

Most of this business should have been finished by end of January...
    These are the kind of things that were being said in April after we acquired Ciman. No discussion of Gonzalez at all. At the time we all thought Ciman was brought in to solve the CB problem and didn’t. Gonzalez was not rumoured until later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the kind of things that were being said in April after we acquired Ciman. No discussion of Gonzalez at all. At the time we all thought Ciman was brought in to solve the CB problem and didn’t. Gonzalez was not rumoured until later
    Gonzalez has been linked to an MLS for ages and even in 2018 he was linked to TFC, prior to the acquisition of Ciman (IIRC even Twellman was reporting it).

I’m not sure how many people here actually thought of Ciman as anything other than a known quantity pickup who was probably here primarily for personal reasons and would be a reasonable backup CB (he is, if you look at backup CB options across the league or compared to someone like Hernandez who was basically worthless on the pitch but was given a favour signing).

OG could only be a more TFC transfer target if he’d also won a Belgian POTY award: USMNT member of the same generation as our other pickups, relatively advanced age, MLS veteran who won titles in the past... it’s not like the FO started after OG after noticing our defense was still bad after picking up Ciman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone thought or said Ciman was the answer to all of our problems because no singular defender would be. The issues go a lot farther than the back 4 and that's pretty obvious as we've had a ton of different back lines used so far. It's a tactical and mentality issue and it's yet to be addressed. Until it is you could add whoever you want back there and it's going to be problematic at times. The defense overall though, is slowly improving. That isn't issue #1 anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CF Reus is sending 3 more players to TFC.

http://reusdigital.cat/noticies/espo...-el-toronto-fc
    Last edited by kuku; 06-10-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    CF Reus is sending 3 more players to TFC.

http://reusdigital.cat/noticies/espo...-el-toronto-fc
    Enric Bernat says he’s already in Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two mids and a defender. Wonder if it's just training, think their club is in financial trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many articles on the internet suggesting club as not paid player salaries! To what extent who knows buy not something you want as an employee.
    Did MLSE merge in some way with Reus FC.

03/29/2019 at 03:16

CF Reus owner Clifton Onolfo would have reached an agreement with Toronto FC to bring new football promises to the capital of Baix Camp. As Reusdigital.cat advanced, Onolfo continues to work to reverse the harsh situation of the red-and-black club.

The reusenc team would have established a collaboration agreement with the Canadian team that competes in the Major League Soccer of the United States (MLS).

The CF Reus is in the contest of creditors and their comptest are disabled for any management. The club is waiting for the definitive sentence of the TAD and the non-payment to its employees and players of the subsidiary.