Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    After last night's game... Based on how we were setup. We need to move Delgado to the bench, Osorio back into the middle, and find a TAM esque winger.
    Couldn't agree more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We definitely need someone elite who contributes attacking wise in the event Pozo is ever unavailable.

Now that said, I look at Delgado and Bono and think their grasp of their positions is a bit shakey at this stage and if Moor every went down we might instantly be in defensive crisis. Maybe it's best to delay some of these decisions until the summer window to let this group gel and see what the most pressing needs are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VDW to an LA team judging by his wife’s Instagram.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 03-30-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    VDW to an LA team judging by his insta.

All I see is he updated his story to a GQ magazine cover of J.Cole. Was there something else that is now taken down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    All I see is he updated his story to a GQ magazine cover of J.Cole. Was there something else that is now taken down?
    Sorry, it was his wife’s. I was following both and just assumed it was his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    BINGO and add me to the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, it was his wife’s. I was following both and just assumed it was his.
    Ahh okay. I see it now. So either LAFC or LAG..... or retirement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh okay. I see it now. So either LAFC or LAG..... or retirement
    I mean, LAG and retirement are essentially the same thing, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, LAG and retirement are essentially the same thing, right?
    Haha. Pretty much.

Although vdw to the Galaxy would be interesting. Didn't Zlatan and him have an altercation at PSG. Could be potential for Round 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Pretty much.

Although vdw to the Galaxy would be interesting. Didn't Zlatan and him have an altercation at PSG. Could be potential for Round 2.
    It would be funny if he took beitas job again.

I would sign one winger asap and wait til the summer to sign another winger if needed. They need to sign a defender at some point, it's probably best to evaluate until the summer or an injury.

Curtis went to Argentina, so let's start looking there for potential players. I will throw a name out there Franco fragapana who plays left wing and scored 7 goals this year, his contract expires this summer too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Pretty much.

Oh yeah! Wasn’t this a pretty big blowout?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    I will throw a name out there Franco fragapana who plays left wing and scored 7 goals this year, his contract expires this summer too.
    Been thinking about this dude too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    It would be funny if he took beitas job again.

I would sign one winger asap and wait til the summer to sign another winger if needed. They need to sign a defender at some point, it's probably best to evaluate until the summer or an injury.

Curtis went to Argentina, so let's start looking there for potential players. I will throw a name out there Franco fragapana who plays left wing and scored 7 goals this year, his contract expires this summer too.
    Never seen the guy play, but it’s a little worrying that he’s only had one good season at a top tier division.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really would wait. Injuries would change things, we may yet need a backline fix, and I think we may also need an elite GK by the summer.

We dont need to call it yet.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Never seen the guy play, but it’s a little worrying that he’s only had one good season at a top tier division.
    Hes pretty skilled from his YouTube highlights and he did have a good season in the second division of Spain. It’s not like hes Ager who never did a thing prior to coming to TFC. I would sign him but there are a few guys like Franco in Argentina alone. The best part about Franco is you could just sign him outright and he could join in the summer or maybe his team would let him join earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I really would wait. Injuries would change things, we may yet need a backline fix, and I think we may also need an elite GK by the summer.

We dont need to call it yet.
    From the front office talk I was under the impression that one signing (TAM winger - assuming left) was imminent - wasn't "too be announced in the next week or two" thrown out last week? I think that leaves us room for two pickups in the summer, which should still leave us flexibility if we need to address the back line/goal keeping.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    From the front office talk I was under the impression that one signing (TAM winger - assuming left) was imminent - wasn't "too be announced in the next week or two" thrown out last week? I think that leaves us room for two pickups in the summer, which should still leave us flexibility if we need to address the back line/goal keeping.
    This is correct. Manning said last week he hopes for a signing to be finalized and announced for this week. So keep your ears open fellas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba starting on the bench today. wtf is going on with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This a TFC forum, Seba is an Al Hilal player, let’s move on please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Kind of figured this might happen. without his family there (or with them there and being miserable) his motivation will go through the floor in no time. no place for a family man.

back to the topic at hand,

Haven't seen any news on Nico landing anywhere yet. I think he would be a great player to have to fill out the right side while also backing up the left. I remember he played well everywhere we dropped him into. Would be a fit if we could get him back (assuming he'd want to come back after we dumped him after we convinced him to cross the pond)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ It seems like a lot of people on the forum here are fans of Hasler (me included). He's a great utility player that could help with a bit of extra depth.

Perhaps Hasler can try playing goalkeeper, as Bono seems to have lost some confidence and can't seem to distribute the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post

Thank you.....no more Seba,,,,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by parma View Post
    Thank you.....no more Seba,,,,

i know, i know, couldn't find the seba thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    as Bono seems to have lost some confidence and can't seem to distribute the ball.
    Bono got destroyed by last year. Without 1/2 our starters and stars in front of him for most of the year his net got filled by more than enough goals to shake the confidence of the best keepers. I really hope he can get his head space back as he's a great guy and a keeper with lot of potential. Hope no body is hammering him on social media the way we hammer him here. There is no way in hell we are going to help his confidence if that is the case. Building a stud keeper in the team is far better than going out and buying one any day in a salary cap league (Tim Howard ; ) . But since this a rumours board, who would we get anyway? or do we just give Westburg a runout?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Bono got destroyed by last year. Without 1/2 our starters and stars in front of him for most of the year his net got filled by more than enough goals to shake the confidence of the best keepers. I really hope he can get his head space back as he's a great guy and a keeper with lot of potential. Hope no body is hammering him on social media the way we hammer him here. There is no way in hell we are going to help his confidence if that is the case. Building a stud keeper in the team is far better than going out and buying one any day in a salary cap league (Tim Howard ; ) . But since this a rumours board, who would we get anyway? or do we just give Westburg a runout?
    its not his stopping ability, its his distribution and command of the box ( i expect to see bodies fly)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    I hope he can get his confidence back, but there isn't really room for excuses compared to last year.

He seems shaky and can't distribute at all; a far cry from how he was in 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Menendez rumors are back

Translation - The chance for him to loan Menendez Was refloated #Independiente#Toronto. Will Be given now? The market is Still open in the MLS.

Translation - The chance for Jonathan Menendez to go to the MLS Was refloated #Toronto. The Canadians re-sent the offer on loan until the end of the season and with a purchase option. TMS is open there until mid-May. #Independiente
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 04-01-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menendez would be a good fit on the left wing, hopefully the purchasing option is realistic unlike Jansen so he could be bought with TAM money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Menendez! Menendez! Menendez!!!

Sign him up! Love the idea of him playing with Poz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they lowered the price on Menendez, he has only played in 3 games scoring one goal so far this season. Last game vs Riverplate his team subbed in another LW ahead of him so he is kind of buried on the depth chart. If they can get Menendez and maybe Andy Najar the team would have decent depth.