0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top three in the east with at least 56

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I anticipate a miserable start, some changes during the summer, and a bounce back in the fall. Playoffs? I don't think I need to pencil that into my calendar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As of right now for what its worth BET365 has us finishing solidly in 4th place in the East at a minimum
    we are really close to finishing in 3rd place in the east with NYCFC
    Last edited by stevep; 03-03-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for doing this. For some reason I'm not able to post a poll this year. Hopefully I can figure it out for next year, but for now here is a link to last year's poll, which contains further links to the ones before that: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-Poll-for-2018

I think TFC is going to struggle for the first half of the season as the new pieces try to fit into Vanney's 4-3-3 system and the team builds chemistry. I'm not sure Ciman is the answer at the back and I think we're gong to get burned by teams with pace this year. I'm expecting around 49 points and a 6th or 7th place finish, just squeaking into the playoffs and going out in the second round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully think this team is capable of finishing at 56-59 points, especially if Jozy is healthy. Betting it safe me is expecting 50-52 and playing away for the entire run to the cup.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

50-59

The thing that will lose them points will be the strike rate.
    Jozy will be too often injured and Hamilton, Akinola, Boyd are not clinical enough.

They'll do alright, but could be better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 - if they sign 2 TAM - a solid winger and CB plus a 3rd TAM in the summer after shedding VdW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

43 points.

Ugg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60-69

Call me delusional but I saw some spark in the season opener to suggest we still have that winning spirit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving this to where my response belongs....

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Everything 2017 has to die in order for TFC to rise again.

(Only slightly facetious)
    I can imagine Bradley and Altidore being core to a shock MLS 2019 Cup win.

If Poz works out, Altidore is healthy, and we come together later in year... who would want any part of us in a one-and-done playoff scenario?

Other core guys would be Morrow, Mavinga, Osorio, maybe Delgado too. I am not exactly predicting this, but I can see it.

I can see it.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-04-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if the defence turns completely around & we have seen no sign of that yet.

The team has to mentally turn the page on being that unit that won in 2017.

Attack wise, for moments on Tuesday & Saturday, we saw the non-Seba future, specifically with DeLeon. Hopefully the game against NYC we see the change to the non-Seba future in place.

But, the defence has to get better cause in trying to return back to the good old days of 2017, its looking circa 2007 right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Only if the defence turns completely around & we have seen no sign of that yet.

The team has to mentally turn the page on being that unit that won in 2017.

Attack wise, for moments on Tuesday & Saturday, we saw the non-Seba future, specifically with DeLeon. Hopefully the game against NYC we see the change to the non-Seba future in place.

But, the defence has to get better cause in trying to return back to the good old days of 2017, its looking circa 2007 right now.
    They have been atrocious at the back the two games they have played this year, no question (I don't count Panama at BMO, that wasn't soccer).

But I really don't see Mavinga, Moor, Ciman etc, as comparable to Marco Reda, Adam Braz etc

I suspect we will suck for the first couple of months. Then we will see. MLS history is full of teams that heat up late and roll, and the new playoff format makes that even more possible.

My scenario is that they scuff along, squeak in as a fifth place seem or something, but if they are healthy... look out - suddenly everyone re-learns that the one guy in the entire league that you want on your team in a knockout game is Jozy Altidore.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-04-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going with 55 points and finishing 4th in the East

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as of today 3/18, the oddsmakers have TFC, NYCFC and Atlanta United all with equal odds of finishing 2nd in the East behind the NYRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    as of today 3/18, the oddsmakers have TFC, NYCFC and Atlanta United all with equal odds of finishing 2nd in the East behind the NYRB.
    as of today betvictor has tfc projected to finish tied in first in the east with NYRB. so right now it is a toss up for first in the east between tfc and nyrb

tied for 3rd best team in mls overall (tied with nyrb and seatle) behind the two L.A's

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/spor...0/PE/0/0/0/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be interesting to see if any of the first posters in this thread are sticking with what they've guessed (because let's be honest, it's a shot in the dark), or are willing to alter their prediction based on results so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was always in the upper 60's bracket, nothing has really changed for me. I think the defence gets sorted over the next 6 weeks and then we become formidable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone going to predict 102 points now?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sticking with the high 50's. We don't have enough depth for the inevitable injuries so while we'll almost certainly make the playoffs, I doubt we'll make the Supporters Shield race again (although I'd be ecstatic to be wrong).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 points. A very good team because of the existing quality, work rate and heart - Bradley, Moor, Jozy, Oso, Marky, Mavinga, and Morrow make us a very solid experienced team with something to prove. Deleon Auro and of course Poz are nice additions, and the players off the bench will be fighting for their careers - and will bring youth. I like it, alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guessed 49 points because I didn't think we'd get Pozuelo before the Belgian playoffs ended and that there would be a chemistry disrupted period. Based on what I've seen so far, I think they win at least half their games and tie half the remaining games, so I'd revise it to 60 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I anticipate a miserable start, some changes during the summer, and a bounce back in the fall. Playoffs? I don't think I need to pencil that into my calendar.
    Not to jinx things, but wowzer, things look sooo different now compared to a month ago.