Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    Said this before, but DeLeon gone under the radar, guy is solid MLS player, hope Boyd comes good too because I think he can do well too. Caldwell said it was gritty effort, so true , far from masterpiece, but on road, opening game, 3 points, nice.
    DeLeon is a hard worker and needed but he will miss sitters also ......his game energy is his quality ...Boyd too although slower is a rock difficult to be dislodged ......again blue collar guys welcomed to do the dirty work . Today Oso was not. Very good but he finally made a huge stop and take away for that final goal ...he’ll never be a sharpshooter , too much time to think can trip him up , he should Mold himself after Bradley ...Nice to see a strong bend but not break from TFC. Although Ihope Moor isn’t suffering, I liked the starting 3-4-3 with Moor keeping Mavinga (always great), away from Ciman .....That D in can live with both Ciman and Mavinga have to be on the outside . Bono ?? Always inconsistent.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozo = Seba is simply a ridiculous take. He’s a good player for this level but he’s not Seba and didn’t come when Seba did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Pozo = Seba is simply a ridiculous take. He’s a good player for this level but he’s not Seba and didn’t come when Seba did.
    I'm not judging anything until he gets here. He could be everything Giovinco was and more or he could be Aketxe. Time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won the first game...mgmt vindicated..No further moves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'm not judging anything until he gets here. He could be everything Giovinco was and more or he could be Aketxe. Time will tell.
    Have you seen him play? He’s a good player for MLS but he wouldn’t make the bench at Juventus when Seba was sitting there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing I don't like is how incredibly shaky Bono is. It's not getting better.

I could point to 5 different plays where his misread or misplay cost a serious chance. A more clinical opponent would have pumped 5 in past him.

I hope Vanney sees how dire this is becoming. Bono has to sit.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think deleon is gonna be a bigger signing than we expected this season. I see great things from him solid MLS quality player. Anyone agree?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    I think deleon is gonna be a bigger signing than we expected this season. I see great things from him solid MLS quality player. Anyone agree?
    Talent is there. Consistency and work ethic was the issue in DCU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeLeon has always been a great utility player. He’s not here to be a star signing, but he can play multiple positions well at this level and can fill in a lot of positions to an adequate level.

If he keeps scoring we may have to pay for his tattoo removal though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Boy Caldwell talks a lot

he is so annoying , it's unbearable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The thing I don't like is how incredibly shaky Bono is. It's not getting better.

I could point to 5 different plays where his misread or misplay cost a serious chance. A more clinical opponent would have pumped 5 in past him.

think I'm done with him. Don't think he is mentally strong to over come his issues.

Even that non goal, looked like he was upset with himself that he let that goal in.

Or the tap.in that should have been a goal for the union.

Or how he gave away Possession when tfc was building

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

START THE CAR! Lots of things much better today than expected, and nicely taken goals. So many players will sky the shot when the ball is pulled back like that. But we also benefited from Philly's atrocious finishing on a bunch of chances.

Ciman, for his speed, was WAY too far forward sometimes, especially in the first half. When things like that happen multiple times in a row, I start to question the authority of the coach.

I'm sure Osorio is awesome in practice. He needs some SERIOUS work with a sport psychologist to do better in games. But first I think he needs to admit to himself that he needs help in that area. Is he really on $850k US per year?

Drew Moor or Ciman should have taken the penalty kick today. And I was screaming that before the kick was taken.

I agree that Bono still seems to have serious issues. A bunch of times he came out w/o getting to the ball & was lost at sea.

Vanney's subs were too late. I was yelling for a sub at Shoeless as the game was dragging, and I could just feel a Philly goal was coming. But Vanney waits until AFTER we give up a goal. Same shit different year.

Any chance a journalist could ask him if they practice penalty kicks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obviously very early to make a judgment call, but if Hamilton keeps this up, he could be an adequate back up for Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I think Bono is / can be solid BUT, I remember even in our cup year, we were all very quick to annoint Bono as the starting guy for years to come. Me included. I think he is / can be a solid keeper but even during that year or year prior when he took control of starting job from Irwin, I found myself kind of wondering how it all happened ? I mean, Irwin was not the greatest, and he got injured if I remember, but I am pretty sure we still win the cup with Irwin in goal, at least I think we do. Bono has made some incredible saves for us, don't get me wrong, and probably recent bias here from me, but just saying, even when he took over I found myself asking how did this guy do this so quickly? I think we can all agree he is not head and shoulders above any other decent MLS keeper at least, and should be challenged for his spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Both announcers talk too much, and 75 percent of the thingsthey talk about have nothing to do with the game. Viewers just want to know who has the ball. We don’t need this.....”and the Jamaican international, who played for his country for many years, and who now plays for the Philly team, and is loved by his team mates, and the fans, picks up the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that was 3 pts I didn't expect TFC to get. The underlying issues are still there but getting this win might add a dimension of confidence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    START THE CAR! Lots of things much better today than expected, and nicely taken goals. So many players will sky the shot when the ball is pulled back like that. But we also benefited from Philly's atrocious finishing on a bunch of chances.

Ciman, for his speed, was WAY too far forward sometimes, especially in the first half. When things like that happen multiple times in a row, I start to question the authority of the coach.

I'm sure Osorio is awesome in practice. He needs some SERIOUS work with a sport psychologist to do better in games. But first I think he needs to admit to himself that he needs help in that area. Is he really on $850k US per year?

Drew Moor or Ciman should have taken the penalty kick today. And I was screaming that before the kick was taken.

I agree that Bono still seems to have serious issues. A bunch of times he came out w/o getting to the ball & was lost at sea.

Vanney's subs were too late. I was yelling for a sub at Shoeless as the game was dragging, and I could just feel a Philly goal was coming. But Vanney waits until AFTER we give up a goal. Same shit different year.

Any chance a journalist could ask him if they practice penalty kicks?
    I believe it is $850k Cad per year including bonuses....around $650k US

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I believe it is $850k Cad per year including bonuses....around $650k US
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else noticed that every corner kick Philly took went in the 6 yard box? Why? Unless Bono starts taking command of his box which I call his home opponents will continue to focus on his weakness. He needs to establish command and be ruthless in the box.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Who else noticed that every corner kick Philly took went in the 6 yard box? Why? Unless Bono starts taking command of his box which I call his home opponents will continue to focus on his weakness. He needs to establish command and be ruthless in the box.
    I expect to see the French American GK at some point this spring if Bono keeps bonering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-1 first game of season on the road victory.... well done and a tip of the cap to our captain for leading the way.
    Any chance we can get a couple of spray paint cans for the top of Ciman and Boyd's heads so we can tell them apart. M.B. gets to go "no paint" as the longest member....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one real positive today was Moor. He is soooo slow and yet he is so smart and a commander of the line. If he gets hurt again we are in trouble. We bent but did not break most importantly gave up no real bad counter attacks.

I also do give Vanney credit on the formation shifting from 3-4-3 to 5-4-1 when needed.

Two weeks to plan and prepare and to bring in reinforcements (Get Poz here and a healthy Jozy) for the party on the 17th!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Ha impressed in both appearances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Great game given the circumstances. Vanney seemed to make an adjustment after about 20 minutes that helped. I wonder if he told BrDley to get more involved or if that was Bradley on his own.. loved Bradley’s reaction after the elbow to the nose; philly should have seen red for the challenge on Moor. Ham8lton played very well, good runs and hold up play. Missed his chance but a half breakaway is not a otter, it’s actually tough.

People are way too hard on Oso. He was involved in the first and third goals and was very tidy on the ball, worked hard to track back. Terrible PK and bad luck to give one up, but his other play was decent - not 2018 Oso, but decent
    Totally agree with you on both Hamilton and Osario, maybe we were watching a different game to some others on here. Seriously the comments by people on here who talk like they are experts are just mind blowing.
    ”Boyd was useless”,...hmmm so they guy comes on with 15 minutes left when we are trying to hold on to the lead, throws himself around and generally disrupts their back four and helps create the last goal....ok sure he was useless.
    ”Osario is a serviceable $150k player but a total bust as a $850k player”. So the guy was probably our best player last year, earned his new contract and always gives his all for the team. But based on 1 league game this season he is a total bust...yeah ok. He missed a penalty, he’s not the first and won’t be the last to do that based on our history. He accidentally gave away a penalty with a raised arm. Did you see the tackle he made to win the ball that set up Deleon for his goal? Did you notice his work rate?
    And no I don’t profess to be an expert but I have played the game for 30 odd years and like to think I can analyze a game subjectively, not sure I believe some others on here are able to do the same based on their comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Boy Caldwell talks a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Both announcers talk too much, and 75 percent of the thingsthey talk about have nothing to do with the game. Viewers just want to know who has the ball. We don’t need this.....”and the Jamaican international, who played for his country for many years, and who now plays for the Philly team, and is loved by his team mates, and the fans, picks up the ball.
    Lol

I literally feel exhausted watching games because the endless dialogue wears me out. We need to sign some DP commentators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Ridiculous take? That seems a bit extreme. Do you have a crystal ball?

Giovinco is not god and we weren't very good last year. Investing 30 million in Pozo (the second best player in the Belgium league according to those who watch the league) is literally betting on Pozo at 27-30 over Seba at 32-34.

2017 Vazquez: 2382 min, 8 goals, 16 assists.
    2018 Giovinco: 2384 min, 13 goals, 15 assists.

I'm not saying Pozuelo will be better then Giovinco, not even close. The future is inherently uncertain but if he's similar to Vazquez in 2017 then I'll be more then happy with Pozuelo and the production will be a lot closer then you think, especially considering their age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 GF, 1 GA, 3 points, away, first game....

Last edited by Brooker; 03-03-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Us and Montreal were the only teams to actually win today in the East - Can't complain about that. We found a way to win...Bradley showed Captain level leadership. We were cynical enough to kill the game off. We are only going to get better than that. The big questions are around the TAM signings...rumours have been a little quiet on that front. I'd agree that we might have serious achilles heel in the Goalkeeping position. That being said if Moor, Mavinga, and Ciman stay healthy we are going to be tough to score on...especially with Auro and Morrow as wing backs...

I forgot how young Auro was - we haven't really appreciated how good this 23 year old is. He will only get better over the next 5 years. He was the lowest paid of the 3 big 2018 signings and he has surprisingly turned out to be the best of them. He starts every game for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Us and Montreal were the only teams to actually win today in the East - Can't complain about that. We found a way to win...Bradley showed Captain level leadership. We were cynical enough to kill the game off. We are only going to get better than that. The big questions are around the TAM signings...rumours have been a little quiet on that front. I'd agree that we might have serious achilles heel in the Goalkeeping position. That being said if Moor, Mavinga, and Ciman stay healthy we are going to be tough to score on...especially with Auro and Morrow as wing backs...

I forgot how young Auro was - we haven't really appreciated how good this 23 year old is. He will only get better over the next 5 years. He was the lowest paid of the 3 big 2018 signings and he has surprisingly turned out to be the best of them. He starts every game for me.
    A big YES here!
    I wonder why people aren't appreciating more Auro.
    He can become in 1-2 years an excellent player...