Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if we'll hit the record low ever ... I'll have to dig through the climate records.
    After a bit of digging - our coldest match ever (no surprise) was the 2016 MLS cup, where (at Pearson) it was -5.3°C at kickoff (windchill -12°) and -6.0°C at the end of the match.

We'll be breaking that tomorrow if the forecast holds, with -9°C at kickoff (-16°C windchill) dropping to -10°C. Good job it's not supposed to be windy. Yeah, definitely snow pants ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    After a bit of digging - our coldest match ever (no surprise) was the 2016 MLS cup, where (at Pearson) it was -5.3°C at kickoff (windchill -12°) and -6.0°C at the end of the match.

We'll be breaking that tomorrow if the forecast holds, with -9°C at kickoff (-16°C windchill) dropping to -10°C. Good job it's not supposed to be windy. Yeah, definitely snow pants ...

big difference is feeling good about the team and some what expecting a decent result.

Not sure I can sit for 90m without goals. If they score one goal in Leaving, if tfc1 doesn't score 1 goal in the first 25m I'm leaving.

Whose fault ? Bill manning and Curtis ali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I printed mine - so they better let me in!!!
    I found them on TFC website = Membership Hub (they might have told us they had a fancy new name...) Impossible to find on app - gave up after 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    big difference is feeling good about the team and some what expecting a decent result.

Not sure I can sit for 90m without goals. If they score one goal in Leaving, if tfc1 doesn't score 1 goal in the first 25m I'm leaving.

Whose fault ? Bill manning and Curtis ali
    That is quite harsh, as ADMIN tries to handle the fallout from Vasquez & Seba. Mind you I am not saying ADMIN is absolved of anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Seems like such a waste. The dome is virtually empty for 7 months...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    They won't let us use it. They are 100% against football or other sports on it since they switched to that real infield dirt or whatever it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The bigger question is how laying artificial turf over dirt will hurt the dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Hah. Home Depot sells something called a rake.
    As pointed out by others in the pitch thread, Rogers Centre has had monster truck, supercross, and other events during winter in the years since part of the concrete floor was dug up to allow for the new baseball dirt infield to be installed for the baseball season that starts in April. During the baseball off-season in the winter, they can remove the baseball artificial turf, put metal plates over the holes in floor, and move the 100-level seats into the football/soccer configuration. But they now probably only have the artificial turf for the baseball set-up, with its big gaps for the dirt infield and the whole thing fitting the shape of the baseball configuration. I suppose it could be possible for MLSE to buy a temporary new soccer/football artificial surface, but it would cost millions of dollars and then likely only be used once or twice, so just not worth it. Putting temporary grass in for one or two matches worked okay years ago during the summer when the roof was open, but it tore up in pizza boxes sized pieces in November 2013 during a Brazil-Chile friendly, and I think that was the last soccer match there and the only time the temporary real grass was attempted outside of summer and after the roof had been closed for the winter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the point of ticket takers tonight?

They should just spare the ticket checkers frostbite, and just open the gates.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What is the point of ticket takers tonight?

They should just spare the ticket checkers frostbite, and just open the gates.
    Stats - gotta know the uptake. This is pretty much the lowest point in this team's fortunes since before the Bloody Big Deal.

If you want to know your lowest base # of who will show up no matter what - that's tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-9 Degrees at kick-off with winds at 20km/hr gusting to 30km/hr by the lakeshore. This will be colder than the 2016 Cup final. It is virtually unplayable and will be very surreal for the less than 5,000 that show up.

As much as I convince myself that the ship has sailed & that we are better not worrying about CONCACAF as it comes too soon on some major player changes.... I can't help but think...

The Panamanians will not know what hit them. It is going to be impossible for them to play more than 10 minutes. The ball will be like a rock. There is chance for legendary status for whoever in TFC can tough it out...Bradley...Osorio...Boyd...Delgado...
    Last edited by Hamilton_Red; 02-26-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    -9 Degrees at kick-off with winds at 20km/hr gusting to 30km/hr by the lakeshore. This will be colder than the 2016 Cup final. It is virtually unplayable and will be very surreal for the less than 5,000 that show up.

As much as I convince myself that the ship has sailed & that we are better not worrying about CONCACAF as it comes too soon on some major player changes.... I can't help but think...

The Panamanians will not know what hit them. It is going to be impossible for them to play more than 10 minutes. The ball will be like a rock. There is chance for legendary status for whoever in TFC can tough it out...Bradley...Osorio...Boyd...Delgado...

This is a game made for DeRo and Will Johnson. But I'll be there. Expecting the inevitable but hoping for the improbable. Because that's what we do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    This is a game made for DeRo and Will Johnson. But I'll be there. Expecting the inevitable but hoping for the improbable. Because that's what we do.
    That should have been TFC's motto from 2007-2015 ha ha ha
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see how they play this game. These are unplayable, unsafe conditions.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculous be playing in this weather - noting - hockey and curling are actually played ON ICE - but they at least are smart enough to do it INDOORS.

We already have people out on injury - I would hate to loose anyone tonight ahead of March 2 season kick off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's not likely but it's too early in the season to be without any sense of hope so Boyd and Oso with a brace each and Moor gets the fifth with a header off a corner

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that last year for the Rapids game in the CCL in Colorado but they played it. Pretty sure that was colder too. Nothing shocks me after that. The game goes on....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I know it's not likely but it's too early in the season to be without any sense of hope so Boyd and Oso with a brace each and Moor gets the fifth with a header off a corner
    Oso with 2, Delgado with 2. Bradley scores on a 40 yard desperation attempt in the dying minutes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Vanney the plan is 1 goal in each 20 min stretch of the game and then going to OT to finish it off. I wonder if they make it past that first 20 min without a goal if it will affect them mentally when they are breaking it down like that with the players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every scenario from Red cards to an early goal for them comes to mind. Unlike the Liga Mx guys last year, the Panamanians seem up for it - gotta respect that lot.

Then, go out and shove that 40 year old on his ass a few times & fight for the damn badge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone ever think they are doing the opposite of last year and giving up the CCL to win the MLS Cup lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    According to Vanney the plan is 1 goal in each 20 min stretch of the game and then going to OT to finish it off.
    How does Vanney not know that there's no extra-time, and it goes straight to penalty kicks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whositwhatnow View Post
    Did anyone ever think they are doing the opposite of last year and giving up the CCL to win the MLS Cup lol.
    That works for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Ridiculous be playing in this weather - noting - hockey and curling are actually played ON ICE - but they at least are smart enough to do it INDOORS.

We already have people out on injury - I would hate to loose anyone tonight ahead of March 2 season kick off.
    thank goodness they no longer have long sleeves!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    That should have been TFC's motto from 2007-2015 ha ha ha
    Four years late but still relevant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they don't score within the first 25ms I'm leaving.
    If the other teams scores one goal im out.

Terrible mis management , hate that they moved away from trying to be first team from MLS to win
    Those games were hype, more than MLS playoffs

Casuals were watching and into more than MLS cup

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Just received a pre-recorded message from TFC reminding me of the game tomorrow and telling me how to access my tickets. It also mentioned the only way to access tickets is through the app and that there is no printing of tickets. Somehow I managed to print mine. I guess because of the weather they're trying to get as many people to the stadium as possible.
    My email from TFC told me I could print my ticket, which I did.

Looking forward to seeing my Reds after a long break. Not expecting much chance of winning 5-0, but you never know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Layers on soon

Hey...its an adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the weather, result or how empty the stadium is tonight all that matters is that we’re back at BMO after what seems to be forever since last October. Take it in folks and enjoy the night. Think how great it will be if we pull this one off tonight. And if we don’t we move on. First world problems everyone , first world problems

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Layers on soon

Hey...its an adventure.
    I am wimping out.

Enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make sure to wear some protection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wimping out.

Enjoy.
    unexpected man!

I'm at liberty if anyone wants to walk hit me ip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    unexpected man!

I'm at liberty if anyone wants to walk hit me ip
    Props to everyone who shows up! It was a balmy 15 degrees or so here today, but I’ll be up until 4am watching this... I guess lack of sleep isn’t as bad as frostbite!