Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Banney persists with the 4-3-3 we will lose the game outright. It’s weaknesses are making the weaknesses we had last year even worse. Ie vulnerability to pace on the counter / route 1 football

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say we need to be in the 3-5-2 formation in order to have any chance on Tuesday:

JHams -- Boyd
    Morrow -- Oso/Endoh -- Bradley -- Delgado/Oso -- Auro/DeLeon
    Mavinga -- Moor -- Ciman
    Bono
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Nope. Sorry, but he has done nothing to earn support yet. Boyd had more than one touch last night and turned it over a couple of times in the midfield. You don't just support blindly, it has to be directed at those who deserve it, to reinforce to the others the type of player we are looking for.
    This is not right. You pull on the red shirt - you deserve our support and encouragement. After that you earn or lose respect depending on how you conduct yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC need goals to win and go through on Tuesday. Agree to the 3-5-2. Ciman on the bench, prepared to play the late game sub as a centre forward that Nick Hagglund used to play in desperate times...

Chapman -- Boyd
    Shaffelburg Osorio Bradley DeLeon Endoh
    Morrow Mavinga Auro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like the coldest game at BMO ever
    Time to Freeze the Panamaniacs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    TFC need goals to win and go through on Tuesday. Agree to the 3-5-2. Ciman on the bench, prepared to play the late game sub as a centre forward that Nick Hagglund used to play in desperate times...

Chapman -- Boyd
    Shaffelburg Osorio Bradley DeLeon Endoh
    Morrow Mavinga Auro
    That line-up will get us beaten. Shaffelburg, and Endo should be nowhere near a starting berth. Boyd who is a long shot prospect should have been getting a few sub aprarances and brought in gently. With Jozy, Seba, Rickets gone - he was pressed into service in the worst circumstances. We should play Delgado and put Deleon on the wing. Put Hamilton on for Chapman. Telfer on for Shaffelburg.

When will Moor be fit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tuesday night dream scenario. Bitter cold night shocks the speedsters of CAI. Osorio scores two in the first half. Crowd announced at 5000, looks like 500. The crowd starts to believe as the second half begins and the snow squall winds come in off the lake. Shaffelburg scores one, Endoh scores one. We are aggregate tied and looking at overtime. A long shot from nowhere from CAI squirts past Bono with less than five minutes plus injury time.
    Somebody puts a video up on the score board. It is Seba's head stuck onto DeRo's famed sign the cheque goal celebration. Pitch invasion seems looming, but security outnumber the crowd. Ciman comes on for Chapman, many suspect Chapman may have frostbite. He has not moved in 15 minutes. Ciman scores two. TFC are through. Crowd surges onto pitch. They carry off Endoh on their shoulders. Ciman deserves it, but crowd is sparse and Endoh is easier to lift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh - crap ...I have failed to appreciate what effect the legalization of Canabis will have on Canadian MLS teams this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, I hate to say it, but we have no chance. Even if we play much better in the second leg, where is the offense going to come from?

We dug too big of a hole for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Guys, I hate to say it, but we have no chance. Even if we play much better in the second leg, where is the offense going to come from?

We dug too big of a hole for ourselves.
    A 5-0 score for a team that takes ZERO shots on target is in too big a hole? I am furiously disagreeing with you (until TFC fall behind early....)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious question. What is the most goals that have ever been scored by any team in a serious game when the temperature was minus 5 at kickoff?

We were all there at MLS Cup 2016. The field became like concrete 20 minutes in. Our guys, who had just scored 14 goals in the two previous ties, couldn’t move properly. The offence was destroyed by the weather.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Weather forecast for Tuesday

High of -5 30% chance of snow 32km NW winds

Rain this weekend with a high of 9 on Sunday should wash away a lot of snow

If I were to hazard a guess, a very bitter cold dry night with wind whipping around.

The chances of a decent pitch & decent watching soccer are probably minimal.
    It looks like it will feel like -11 with the possibility of snow starting in the early evening. This won't be a fun game to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the guys we have a 4 2 3 1 formation makes the most sense to me. Using morrow as an inverted back neuters the offensive part of his game and Auro on the other hand looks out of sorts defensively

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Serious question. What is the most goals that have ever been scored by any team in a serious game when the temperature was minus 5 at kickoff?

We were all there at MLS Cup 2016. The field became like concrete 20 minutes in. Our guys, who had just scored 14 goals in the two previous ties, couldn’t move properly. The offence was destroyed by the weather.
    Exactly it will be a tough ask. I know it will be a shock for the Panamanian team to play in the cold and people keep saying that gives us an advantage but the last I checked our team didn't exactly grow up in Nunavut. Our team will have a rough go on this day as well. When the blood leaves your appendages due to cold it doesn't really matter where you come from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This will be a very poorly attended match for sure.
    I just looked at TicketBastard, and there are now some for resale at below what it cost to see TFC2 games last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall Gordon Strachan's first competitive match in charge of Celtic, a 5 nil hammering by a Slovakian team in a champions league qualifier. Celtic regrouped and won the 2nd leg 4 nil, alas not enough to progress but 4 goals would at least get us to extra time. I don't think it's inconceivable for us to score at least 4 to make things interesting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heepster View Post
    I just looked at TicketBastard, and there are now some for resale at below what it cost to see TFC2 games last year.
    Not too surprising. Was always going to be a tough sell for lots of people even a month or two ago......and now that the team screwed up the first leg so bad and have such a deficit going into the second we knew that would happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking at another MIRACLE.
    The weather will be on our side (freeze those bastards), but we will also have to have far more grit than we showed down there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    A 5-0 score for a team that takes ZERO shots on target is in too big a hole? I am furiously disagreeing with you (until TFC fall behind early....)
    I remember that before the Miracle in Montreal we had a similar game on the road vs. Houston. It ended either 0-0 or 1-0 with very little goal scoring threat from us. You never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the odds for a 6-1 win and where is a good Canadian portal for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    ...Was always going to be a tough sell for lots of people even a month or two ago...
    Obviously they would never say anything publicly, but I wonder how much MLSE is now p.o.'d about this arrangement of Ticketmaster displaying resale tickets along with the standard tickets. If the team does poorly and demand for tickets stays low all year, almost no one is going to buy any more of the unsold standard tickets when they see resale tickets in the same sections available at a fraction of the standard ticket face value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Vanney writes this game off...

(Which to me would be any scenario where Jozy isn't starting)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

They never considered starting Jozy for this game, so that won't mean anything for me. He might get a run out to ease him in if he's ready, but if it's hopeless they'll probably rest Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    They never considered starting Jozy for this game, so that won't mean anything for me. He might get a run out to ease him in if he's ready, but if it's hopeless they'll probably rest Jozy.
    Can’t see how it makes sense to play him -5C on a sandpit.. its too risky for him coming back from injury. I think this and the Chicago game are our serious pre-season matches.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched the highlights from the SKC-Toluca game. Such energy in the SKC attacks that resulted in the goals. What a stark contrast to what TFC did in their CCL game. TFC better try to save some face on Tuesday and actually look like they give a shit. I was so happy when TFC wasn't any longer the butt of all jokes on the MLS website but that didn't last too long. Hope they get their shit together sooner rather than later and hopefully the last game was a one time wake up call that was needed and that is all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Can’t see how it makes sense to play him -5C on a sandpit.. its too risky for him coming back from injury. I think this and the Chicago game are our serious pre-season matches.
    I seriously hope it is not a sandpit. Didn't we get our new pitch right after the ending of the last season to avoid that this year? They said last year they learned what not to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I seriously hope it is not a sandpit. Didn't we get our new pitch right after the ending of the last season to avoid that this year? They said last year they learned what not to do.
    I don’t believe what they say about the pitch anymore. Last year they kept saying it was ok “best it could be etc” and then in his pregame interview with KJ before panama Bradley clearly says the pitch was a problem lasts year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Vanney writing a game off?? never!! lol. I hope he doesn't … the scores in the brackets give is a fair chance of going further if we can have a miracle and the second legs of the other games go like the first.

That's just me though .. at the professional level, every game deserves to be played to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's my concern ... the pitch next Tuesday. I would hate to see us drop bodies to injuries because of it so early on.