Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Manning Quotes, Possible CPL Involvement?

Manning says TFC will have 100 players under professional contract in near future. Currently 50.

Manning says they are negotiating with #CanPL to own a team in league. Also looking to have a formal arrangement with #OttawaFury and to own an affiliate in Europe.

Further clarification on the TFC and #CanPL tweet—Manning said that MLSE would own a team in the league, not that it would necessarily be directly part of TFC’s current system.

I fully agree that CanPL cannot allow “TFC2” or “TFC B” or anything that screams farm team into the league. But...a Liberty Village Football Club or an AFC Parkdale* playing at Lamport and owned by MLSE...I think #CanPL would need to seriously consider it. *please this

Mainly that they’d be operating under #CanPL roster rules and starting quotas. A healthy TFC academy is important to Canadian soccer. Getting more opportunities for the Canadian players in a professional environment helps with that.
    Last edited by 105; 02-23-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thye have TFCIII in League1 then pulled them last year, They could of left them in league1 as CanPL owns league1. Then they could of looked at possibly "bumping" them up.

With all these affiliations the league will end up being TFC league. (London, Windsor, now Ottawa)

I don't want a TFC affiliate in CanPL, they already have their options (USL, USSDA). IF they were serious about building the game in Canada then they shouldn't of pulled them out in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto City for all the hipsters Downtown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whositwhatnow View Post
    Thye have TFCIII in League1 then pulled them last year, They could of left them in league1 as CanPL owns league1. Then they could of looked at possibly "bumping" them up.

With all these affiliations the league will end up being TFC league. (London, Windsor, now Ottawa)

I don't want a TFC affiliate in CanPL, they already have their options (USL, USSDA). IF they were serious about building the game in Canada then they shouldn't of pulled them out in the first place.
    Hey I think your on the wrong board lol, this ain’t the voyageurs board lol. That board is losing their shit over this possible TFC involvement in the CPL lol!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe before MLSE try and expand abroad or get a CPL team they should fix TFC and the horrible TFC II.

I really hope CPL denies any TFC request for a CPL team.