Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    One interesting thing about this two leg final , no away goals rule in this final it’s a two game total goals series , therefore, if series is tied after the two games in total goals they won’t go to away goals to break the tie. I guess this is something new for this years two leg final because I’m sure in last years final with TFC the away goals rule was in effect.

it's probably because neither team is 'really' away....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was fun to watch. Brought back memories of TFC’s biggest achievement to date. Beating Tigres and Club America..running Chivas to penalties winning in Guadalajara to force penalties.... getting a result in Azteca stadium (would have been a win if not for the injury time consolation goal)...how few foreign teams have ever won anything in Azteca...it is impregnable. This is the benchmark...this is what we need to keep aiming for. I’m pleased that we are not playing this midweek...because we expected to be in this Final. We should never change that way of thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    That was fun to watch. Brought back memories of TFC’s biggest achievement to date. Beating Tigres and Club America..running Chivas to penalties winning in Guadalajara to force penalties.... getting a result in Azteca stadium (would have been a win if not for the injury time consolation goal)...how few foreign teams have ever won anything in Azteca...it is impregnable. This is the benchmark...this is what we need to keep aiming for. I’m pleased that we are not playing this midweek...because we expected to be in this Final. We should never change that way of thinking.

it was fun to watch for sure. Such a different style of play as well. almost no formation and just non-stop running. It's like Heroin to MLS's weed. so much energy, skill and passion but very little cerebral input or maybe there were layers of tactics in there I just didn't pick up on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second leg of the final.

Tigres missing that final touch without Gignac. Supposedly he is fit. Weird he isn’t in.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tigres fans are going to be really peeed. Losing CCL again, this time to the cross town rivals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Second leg of the final.

Tigres missing that final touch without Gignac. Supposedly he is fit. Weird he isn’t in.
    Tigres manager said not bringing in Gignac was "tactical".

Once he got in, he did his best

Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-02-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I went to bed and missed it. OMG what a volley!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rodolfo Pizarro won this back to back, against us last year and for Monterrey last night.

He is a guy that was in all the series previews last year because he is a bubble Mex MNT guy, but I don’t remember noticing that much from him for Chivas last year. He had a nice game last night though.

Point of this story: Pizarro, a promising 25 year old winger, but not a star, transferred to Chivas for $14M two years ago and for $16M to Monterrey last November.

When Monterrey need a winger, they don’t spend months agonizing over “Jony”, they just go and do it. For 5x what Jony costs.

MLS vs Liga MX is not a conversation. We are decades away from being on equal footing.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-02-2019 at 08:39 AM.