Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE needs to open their eyes and fire Bill now.

Everyone he has hired has been his fall guy.
    He is the equivalent of a slum lord and this club is going to continue to rot until he is gone.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since day one and I’m not renewing with that Asshat running the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Got a feeling we go with a cheap, first time (at the MLS level) coach. Manning has wasted so much money on the Italians, Jozy's buyout and now having to pay Bob to not work here that I seriously doubt MLSE is just gonna give him free reign to spend like we have been.
    I was told quite specifically "we're looking domestic first, and at several up-and-comers." So it sounds very much like either a first-time MLS coach (I think they want another Nancy or Sartini) or a younger coach.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Jason Hernandez sounds pretty good, sounds like a shot at Bob talking about going deep into the analytics as opposed to the eye test.
    My sense is he has been working on changing Manning's approach from one of trust and connections to one based on analytics and hard numbers for several months. When Dodd left I was told Hernandez thought the scouting department was absolutely reliant on colleague recommendations, and doing very little based on statistical analysis.

Given that Bob also made light of the value of analytics, it sounds like the entire department was being ignored or neglected, despite its rep in the league.

Really, we had just become the archtype of an MLS 1.0 team, because that's who filled the front offices once he put Ali in charge.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I was told quite specifically "we're looking domestic first, and at several up-and-comers." So it sounds very much like either a first-time MLS coach (I think they want another Nancy or Sartini) or a younger coach.

My sense is he has been working on changing Manning's approach from one of trust and connections to one based on analytics and hard numbers for several months. When Dodd left I was told Hernandez thought the scouting department was absolutely reliant on colleague recommendations, and doing very little based on statistical analysis.

Given that Bob also made light of the value of analytics, it sounds like the entire department was being ignored or neglected, despite its rep in the league.

Really, we had just become the archtype of an MLS 1.0 team, because that's who filled the front offices once he put Ali in charge.
    This feels about right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to say this to whomever needs to hear it

Molinaro basically asked "why, given what happened, should you be the one to move this team forward"

So to all those who think it would be softball throws - it wasn't.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Going to say this to whomever needs to hear it

Molinaro basically asked "why, given what happened, should you be the one to move this team forward"

So to all those who think it would be softball throws - it wasn't.
    Respect to Molinaro, he didn't give Manning an easy time. Manning deserves to answer for this dumpster fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, sounds likely that Dunfield has a shot then. But weird too, why would MLSE want to go with a first time coach. Goes with the first time GM but against the veteran and big ego laden roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Hmm, sounds likely that Dunfield has a shot then. But weird too, why would MLSE want to go with a first time coach. Goes with the first time GM but against the veteran and big ego laden roster.
    I suspect he'll be in tough. It's not so much that they want a first team coach; I think they want someone who has had success without needing to spend a ton, and has been able to shape the team based on what players they had.

All those USL guys have reps for changing the team's objectives to suit who they can field, being flexible and winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they should at least interview Jimmy Brennan. He bleeds this club.

I don't know if he'd definitely be the right choice, but he at least deserves an interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could never understand how Manning was able to stay behind all of his bullshit decisions. He should have been let go 100 times. He didnt do anything for us other than hire Vanney and Bez and that was long ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Manning has survived this long is actually an impressive feat. Who else, other than maybe a weather person, can screw up this much and still retain their position?? I think it speaks volumes to what is going on behind the scenes at the board level. Just take for example how long it took for things in the Leafs management team to get sorted out. Manning has to be living on borrowed time but I don't know if there is anyone directly above him that is paying attention at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    I could never understand how Manning was able to stay behind all of his bullshit decisions. He should have been let go 100 times. He didnt do anything for us other than hire Vanney and Bez and that was long ago.
    Bill didn't hire Vanney or Bez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, and sorry to be blunt, the only way Manning hasn't been fired is he has nudes on MLSE key players.

Its been a disaster after disaster with the highest payroll and still he stays?

I wish someone would have asked him about does he think his bosses look at the value for money they have received in giving him the highest payroll in the league only to now be on the way to missing the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Or of the "lessons learned", why should anyone believe his next hire won't be a failure as well.

Wish someone asked him "in retrospect", wasn't having father/son..coach/captain a mind numbingly dumb move?

I am hoping MLSE let Manning make the BB firing...and then let the season play out and then he is fired. Under no other job in the world (other than maybe gov't/politics/family business where results might not matter) would Manning not been fired (i.e held accountable) for how bad we've been due to his decision (or lack thereof) making. MLSE needs to wake the f up.

Manning Out!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://theathletic.com/873226/2019/...-improve-play/

came across this article today about TFC use of analytics from 2019.

so we were using them pretty heavily during our most successful period...but just stopped?

manning has got to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://theathletic.com/873226/2019/...-improve-play/

came across this article today about TFC use of analytics from 2019.

so we were using them pretty heavily during our most successful period...but just stopped?

manning has got to go.
    Some of what Hernandez was talking about yesterday was being done under Bez & Vanney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Some of what Hernandez was talking about yesterday was being done under Bez & Vanney
    I very much get the sense that Hernandez is following Vanney's blueprint more than Ali/Bob's. He wants evidence-based decisions, which hasn't been the case in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much get the sense that Hernandez is following Vanney's blueprint more than Ali/Bob's. He wants evidence-based decisions, which hasn't been the case in a long time.
    I've 100% heard that benchmarking stuff before.
    Can't remember who in particular spoke about it but it was given as an example of what the analytics team under Pleuler were doing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out from behind the paywall

Molinaro article on Manning

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/bob-bradl...ls-toronto-fc/

No puff piece...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Molinaro asking Manning about Manning? That is not journalism, go find Larry or an MLSE Board member. Or say they wouldn’t comment.

This business of asking guys to mark their own homework is getting to me.

(I am now finding I am just repeating myself - I said this earlier today, and I said it 13 years ago. I will stop now.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody finds board members cause they are not public figures.

His article isn't exactly "fire Manning" but its pretty much "Manning is responsible for this mess" which is more then we have heard from anybody else in the media, including the TSN crew.

I would be shocked if MLS 360 on Saturday night mentions Manning at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Journalism is not accepting the source or spokesperson that is “easy” to speak to, or the one that you are offered.

Fine, Larry rarely talks. But that doesn’t permit asking Manning about Manning. Try to get Larry and others, and make a point out of saying that nobody in the chain of command was willing to speak. Embarass them a bit for hiding.

This just drives me nuts.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His article isn't exactly "fire Manning" but its pretty much "Manning is responsible for this mess" which is more then we have heard from anybody else in the media, including the TSN crew.

I would be shocked if MLS 360 on Saturday night mentions Manning at all.
    Edward Rogers is a pretty public figure if you ask me, he and his sister are both MLSE board members despite the fact they were on opposite sided of the battle for control of the company the father built.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Journalism is not accepting the source or spokesperson that is “easy” to speak to, or the one that you are offered.

Fine, Larry rarely talks. But that doesn’t permit asking Manning about Manning. Try to get Larry and others, and make a point out of saying that nobody in the chain of command was willing to speak. Embarass them a bit for hiding.

This just drives me nuts.
    Where is TMZ when you need them? I’d love a little guerrilla media to spice things up around here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    At this point, and sorry to be blunt, the only way Manning hasn't been fired is he has nudes on MLSE key players.

Its been a disaster after disaster with the highest payroll and still he stays?

I wish someone would have asked him about does he think his bosses look at the value for money they have received in giving him the highest payroll in the league only to now be on the way to missing the playoffs 3 years in a row.

Or of the "lessons learned", why should anyone believe his next hire won't be a failure as well.

Wish someone asked him "in retrospect", wasn't having father/son..coach/captain a mind numbingly dumb move?

I am hoping MLSE let Manning make the BB firing...and then let the season play out and then he is fired. Under no other job in the world (other than maybe gov't/politics/family business where results might not matter) would Manning not been fired (i.e held accountable) for how bad we've been due to his decision (or lack thereof) making. MLSE needs to wake the f up.

Manning Out!
    Or perhaps it may be what Manning knows behind the scenes. The fact that the alleged woman that former mayor John Tory is suspected to have had an affair with is currently employed as an "associate director, campaign and special projects, for MLSE" may or may not play a factor. It is all speculation on my part but surely he cannot continue with his repeated failures. The sooner he is gone the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvistheEvilScotsman View Post
    MLSE needs to open their eyes and fire Bill now.
    What eyes?
    MLSE never had and will never have eyes for something called "on field product" or "performance of a sports team".

Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 06-29-2023 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's under that level of threat. Compare him to someone like Daniel Levy. The guy has had umpteen managers, royally effed all of them since Pochettino. Withholds money for transfers. Sticks his head into every transfer. Hardballs everyone to the point no one wants to deal with him. Gets scraps for players (James Maddison notwithstanding). Yet he's still there. Manning is half the eff up that Levy is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's under that level of threat. Compare him to someone like Daniel Levy. The guy has had umpteen managers, royally effed all of them since Pochettino. Withholds money for transfers. Sticks his head into every transfer. Hardballs everyone to the point no one wants to deal with him. Gets scraps for players (James Maddison notwithstanding). Yet he's still there. Manning is half the eff up that Levy is.
    Levy owns the club and answers to nobody, Manning has a boss and, in theory, is in some way shape or form accountable for his fuck ups. It's a different situation entirely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Levy owns the club and answers to nobody, Manning has a boss and, in theory, is in some way shape or form accountable for his fuck ups. It's a different situation entirely
    Levy doesn't own Spurs.

ed: Read more about about Levy - doesn't own Spurs but has a stake so more complicated than I thought. Ed Woodward is probably a better example. Took a long time for him to go.
    Last edited by Canary10; 06-29-2023 at 10:08 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro has removed his "Manning Out" piece from behind the paywall. Everyone should read this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Levy is doing way morwe with way less...up to this year was getting spurs in the very lucrative CL (i.e finishing top 4) and even got them to a CL final...

Manning, with the highest payroll in MLS is about to miss the playoffs for third year in arow...and is lucky there is no relegation in MLS or we'd have been sent down a league...

Levy is a shrewed and competent businessman...yes a pain in the a.ss to deal with but he is doing what he needs to do...

Manning is absolutely incompetent and has to be fired. Now. Enough is enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    John Molinaro has removed his "Manning Out" piece from behind the paywall. Everyone should read this:

We are about to miss the playoffs again third year ina row...and Manning has to "prove it"....ffs...has to be gone now. He is stealing a pay cheque here ruinign the club....

I just hope MLSE wakes up and gets rid of this clown asap....and no more Americans...had enough of these incompetent clowns here....enough is enough. Euro or South American and rebuild from the mess Manning/Bradley created of this team. We are a laughinstock now unfortuantely.