Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    General comment. I also feel there is too much anger, and have backed away from the board a bit. I am not here to spend a lot of negative energy.

They absolutely suck right now. It is injuries and bad roster moves. We all know it. We can’t have a new manager every year, this isn’t Italy. The team is owned by mostly uncaring suits, we all know that too. If they replaced Manning mid season, they would be very unlikely to have a good idea on what to do next, we all know that also.

We probably just have to ride it out, they will play better.
    Yeah, I hate to say it but I think it is a wait it out situation. How many quality soccer execs are there in North America who could come in and hit the ground running? Not a lot. And all employed elsewhere. We're not unique. Lots of teams have execs that have long overstayed their welcome with supporters. Levy at Spurs who will probably never leave, Woodward at Man U. If there is a move, it's more on the coaching side. Not sure that can even rescue the season. There's a big lack of quality in coaches/managers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah, I hate to say it but I think it is a wait it out situation. How many quality soccer execs are there in North America who could come in and hit the ground running? Not a lot. And all employed elsewhere. We're not unique. Lots of teams have execs that have long overstayed their welcome with supporters. Levy at Spurs who will probably never leave, Woodward at Man U. If there is a move, it's more on the coaching side. Not sure that can even rescue the season. There's a big lack of quality in coaches/managers.
    On the bright side, I suspect they will at least try to make a move in the July window. Between the bodies and the fact that most of their spend is on the two DPs, there may be some internal financial justification for the rest of the roster getting some love. I wouldn't assume we're quite as capped out or tapped out as has seemed the case to now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, well..there's a reason why I mute some people's posts.

There's a point I reach when I know there is unlikely to be a good outcome of a game - or season - where I start looking for sparks for the future. I went into Saturday expecting little & did get some little things. I have not given up on the season yet - when I start posting "2024 TFC will take that" then you'll know I have.
    Ah, but will you accompany it with a music video?

Last edited by jloome; 05-15-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    On the bright side, I suspect they will at least try to make a move in the July window.
    Sell Coello for $200K GAM and trade that $200K & Franklin for Kei Kamara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Sell Coello for $200K GAM and trade that $200K & Franklin for Kei Kamara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Teemu Pukki has signed anywhere yet. Let's do it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the way I see it, the longer Bob is in charge and we're pure trash, the more likely Manning will be shown the door when we finally hit rock bottom. May seem like it but we're not at rock bottom yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the way I see it, the longer Bob is in charge and we're pure trash, the more likely Manning will be shown the door when we finally hit rock bottom. May seem like it but we're not at rock bottom yet.
    Rock bottom will be when Manning approaches the board for more money to pay out failed acquisitions, including BB. It would be interesting if anyone could come up with how much has been paid out in failed contracts under Manning’s tenure. I wouldn’t doubt that it averages to several million a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Rock bottom will be when Manning approaches the board for more money to pay out failed acquisitions, including BB. It would be interesting if anyone could come up with how much has been paid out in failed contracts under Manning’s tenure. I wouldn’t doubt that it averages to several million a year.
    Hard to say when then anchor will hit bottom but we still have to go through our players fighting each other on the pitch, transfer out demands, players fighting with Bob and getting suspended, and players openly questioning our tactics in the media (social or otherwise) to get there. If no changes happening, I expect at least one of these to happen before the LC break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue we have is, nobody wants to write off this season. Not this board, not the people in management (for the sake of their own asses), and certainly not the players.

But we find ourselves in this situation for one simple reason: Bill Manning who has been the primary issue this whole time. From letting Vanney go, to the Altidore situation, Bradley’s extension, bad coaching hires, bad GM hires, it’s all back to Bill.

So it would appear to me, because if change comes Bill goes first and that’s no easy feat. It’s going to be an extended time period before the rot gets out.

And really Ownership owes the fans an apology for all this because of their negligence allowing this all to fester. Love the cheque book but maybe they should sell the team to someone who is actually engaged and pays attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The issue we have is, nobody wants to write off this season. Not this board, not the people in management (for the sake of their own asses), and certainly not the players.

But we find ourselves in this situation for one simple reason: Bill Manning who has been the primary issue this whole time. From letting Vanney go, to the Altidore situation, Bradley’s extension, bad coaching hires, bad GM hires, it’s all back to Bill.

So it would appear to me, because if change comes Bill goes first and that’s no easy feat. It’s going to be an extended time period before the rot gets out.

And really Ownership owes the fans an apology for all this because of their negligence allowing this all to fester. Love the cheque book but maybe they should sell the team to someone who is actually engaged and pays attention.
    No reason to write off the season 3 points out of the playoffs. But need to start showing progress and getting a few players back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With so many injuries that will be the excuse right now to the media/fans if asked I bet. I doubt anything will change unless something else comes up internally at the club that warrants it and only TFC staff know what is truly going on behind closed doors.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 05-15-2023 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reason to write off the season 3 points out of the playoffs. But need to start showing progress and getting a few players back.
    Yeah I see arguments both sides here, but, if you have a chance at Tata AND if MLSE are happy to continue writing off yet more $$ you move to bring him in immediately and this team can, potentially, do something interesting this season. I don't care that he's a short term fix, he's a good one that could get something from this badly managed cap until some contracts start expiring and we have room to actually restart the project. If the goal is 'salvage whatever we can from the mess we're in' you go for Tata today and potentially put off the rebuld conversation a year or two.

This cap has been horrifically mismanaged and this squad is not great for where it should be, but it also isn't a write off. This is a league where you make the play offs for finishing in fucking 18th place out of 29 teams, there's no way we're a bottom 38% team even as badly as we've messed it up

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take That!?!?!!?!

Man, all those now old guys used to be sooo purty....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Take That!?!?!!?!

Man, all those now old guys used to be sooo purty....
    Now they sing the chorus to their waistlines. (Actually, Barlow's still pretty fit. One of them looks like Nobby Styles in his forties.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Star published a piece overnight by a freelancer (someone named Joe Callaghan) that absolutely tees off on MLSE over what is happening at TFC…

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/o...-for-mlse.html

It's behind a paywall, but here's the first bit, for those without access…

———-

Maybe MLSE headquarters only has so many panic rooms.

With pressing dilemmas and future-defining decisions piling up at the doors of Scotiabank Arena, a seismic summer started early at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Perhaps then, amid the search for a new Raptors head coach and with the Maple Leafs’ hierarchy having to decide what to do with, well, everyone, Toronto FC’s issues have had to wait. Perhaps the soccer department is lingering outside the panic room, doing that one-minute-past-the-hour peer through the glass door at the Raptors or Leafs brains trust to let them know, “hey, sorry, yeah we actually have this room booked.”

Because, make no mistake, even amid all of the predicaments facing their hockey and basketball divisions, it is Toronto FC who is the problem child at MLSE right now.

TFC is an unmitigated, unholy mess. Allowing for whatever injury, luck or circumstance has counted against them, the club is currently an embarrassment where frankly nothing looks like it’s working. Parse it out in words, speak in numbers or converse in body language ... doesn’t matter. All translate to an enterprise that feels like it has reached some kind of point of no return.

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The Star published a piece overnight by a freelancer (someone named Joe Callaghan) that absolutely tees off on MLSE over what is happening at TFC…

https://www.thestar.com/sports/tfc/o...-for-mlse.html

It's behind a paywall, but here's the first bit, for those without access…

———-

Maybe MLSE headquarters only has so many panic rooms.

With pressing dilemmas and future-defining decisions piling up at the doors of Scotiabank Arena, a seismic summer started early at Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. Perhaps then, amid the search for a new Raptors head coach and with the Maple Leafs’ hierarchy having to decide what to do with, well, everyone, Toronto FC’s issues have had to wait. Perhaps the soccer department is lingering outside the panic room, doing that one-minute-past-the-hour peer through the glass door at the Raptors or Leafs brains trust to let them know, “hey, sorry, yeah we actually have this room booked.”

Because, make no mistake, even amid all of the predicaments facing their hockey and basketball divisions, it is Toronto FC who is the problem child at MLSE right now.

TFC is an unmitigated, unholy mess. Allowing for whatever injury, luck or circumstance has counted against them, the club is currently an embarrassment where frankly nothing looks like it’s working. Parse it out in words, speak in numbers or converse in body language ... doesn’t matter. All translate to an enterprise that feels like it has reached some kind of point of no return.

It's available without the paywall. Was yesterday, anyway. If not, just Google TFC and the non-star version from one of its smaller papers is on Google news.

I mean, basically repeats a lot of what we've said here. There's a fair bit of hyperbole in there, and the salary structure obviously was previously misreported, so he's off on that. But the points are largely valid. They seem directionless.

They also had "hot seat" discussions about both Bob and Bill on several of the bigger soccer podcasts this past week. Consensus seems to be they are, although I think the establishment view is somehow that Bill's in more trouble than Bob, because Bob's legend status (to Americans, mostly) deserves extra time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's available without the paywall. Was yesterday, anyway. If not, just Google TFC and the non-star version from one of its smaller papers is on Google news.

I mean, basically repeats a lot of what we've said here. There's a fair bit of hyperbole in there, and the salary structure obviously was previously misreported, so he's off on that. But the points are largely valid. They seem directionless.

They also had "hot seat" discussions about both Bob and Bill on several of the bigger soccer podcasts this past week. Consensus seems to be they are, although I think the establishment view is somehow that Bill's in more trouble than Bob, because Bob's legend status (to Americans, mostly) deserves extra time.
    I googled the article title and clicked the link at the top (though the star). Seemed to work without paying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its time -enough is enough Manning Out- who did the sign last time at BMO that got Armas fired we need this again immediately-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Leafs have no GM and the draft in a few weeks. The Raptors have no coach. How focused is MLSE on Manning? Not much would be my guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the Leafs have no GM and the draft in a few weeks. The Raptors have no coach. How focused is MLSE on Manning? Not much would be my guess.
    Hey - do we get Whoop back now?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is what makes it even more depressing- when he should be half way out the door both leafs and raptors have major decisions to make with NBA having a lot of player movement most likely happening this off season and with leafs probably clearing out everyone --

its getting difficult to keep paying up the ass for tickets, parking and drinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    this is what makes it even more depressing- when he should be half way out the door both leafs and raptors have major decisions to make with NBA having a lot of player movement most likely happening this off season and with leafs probably clearing out everyone --

its getting difficult to keep paying up the ass for tickets, parking and drinks.
    I mean, the drinks not so much as you need them to enjoy the game, but the rest, yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i was shanny i would ask manning for his advice and a look at his rolodex,im sure manning a bunch of american contacts that would be a great new leaf gm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this demo old or new- yesterday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s annoying that no one covers the team any more… and so: a much too late, one-off special by… who is this guy?

It’s bizarre that the Globe and Mail puts a pay wall around CP articles as if they had generated the content themselves. Everyone from the Sun to the Soo Today uses these pieces. But an angry special like this is no better.

I really do think Bradley was Manning’s best shot. Anything better is likely going to be randomly so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

I don’t know if it’s new or old but I’d like to know. Also, this is the spirit of critique and complaint. Excellent one. (Just bitching without intelligence as is so easy to do on the internet doesn’t contribute much to life.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

This would be old, if new the staircase over the go tracks would be in the pic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say when then anchor will hit bottom but we still have to go through our players fighting each other on the pitch, transfer out demands, players fighting with Bob and getting suspended, and players openly questioning our tactics in the media (social or otherwise) to get there. If no changes happening, I expect at least one of these to happen before the LC break.
    Getting closer, Fede now openly questioning tactics to the media

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Getting closer, Fede now openly questioning tactics to the media
    On this, I mean is he wrong? Even the basic fundamentals of SerieA, give and go, knowing where your man will/should be, the triangle, aka tiki-taka, seems to so far be a challenge most times for TFC.