Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am bumping this for the TFC analytics team.

Toronto FootBall Club- In Canada- Bill Manning has run this team into the ground- where once there was a foundation to be consistent power house team.

Bill has proven over the past 3 seasons- any achievement was based on Tim L. previously- Bill Manning needs to be removed from any TFC related decision being fired is the most acceptable option- focusing only on Toronto Argo's would be a mediocre move.

Toronto FC needs someone with vision and not build a temporary stadium for the world cup.

Seasons increased for new fans by 40% and 20% for existing fans along with price of concession have gone up even more- his vision and justification for increasing pricing during the end stages of the pandemic grossly mis-calculated the product he thought would be justifying the increased pricing.

Fire Bill immediately.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy gotta go.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Failed GMs (BB being one of them), Time for him to go focus on the Argos.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's staggering how he's gotten nearly every major decision since bez left wrong. Even dumb luck should prevent that from happening

The club has been on a steady and consistent decline since he left, and that's completely on Manning

Preaching to the choir but yes, be absolutely must go. He cannot move past this if he's the one making the decisions, he's shown he isn't capable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's face facts: Manning should not have been allowed to make this call.

The sign of a healthy decision making process would have been letting Manning go, and letting his successor decide the fate of BB later.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

The sign of a healthy decision making process would have been letting Manning go, and letting his successor decide the fate of BB later.
    If that decision was made a month or so ago sure but we're rolling onto the 2/3rds of the season gone and have no time for a new President to get acclimated and wait for Bob's evaluation period to end.

Healthy thing would have been to clean house completely now and try to have a new president by next season and just float until then but it is what it is. Really that should still be the plan. Total clean slate in the backroom for 2024.

Also if any new president walked in and figured in any way that Bob was the right guy for the job then he was the wrong guy for his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious, what do you think the chances are they've fired Manning, but told him to clean the deck and be a management caretaker for a bit before he walks off and takes his severance?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Curious, what do you think the chances are they've fired Manning, but told him to clean the deck and be a management caretaker for a bit before he walks off and takes his severance?
    Possible but probably more likely they would re-adjust his role to be more on the financial sides of the two teams and leave the operations to new people. They seem to like him for making money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That's possible. I'd call it 25% likely.

Another 25% scenario is that they know they are going to fire him, haven't told him, but are getting him to do the cleanup first.

Third 25% scenario: he's on a short leash, and can't get a new hire done without full board buy in (this would be the dysfunctional MLSE special).

Finally, 25% scenario that there is no problem for Manning, because nobody there other than Larry T can spell TFC.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if there was some kind of showdown behind the scenes. Maybe Bob demanded something, a vote of confidence, more control. Maybe Manning was totally surprised by that photo of MB lining up his coaching career overseas, instead of rehabbing. Something.

The Athletic article was a month ago. The Dunfield move is one you make when you are surprised by events. If this was thought through, Manning/TFC would have had a better interim solution in place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A coaching search takes at least 2 weeks, even if you are maintaining contacts out there with people in a "keep in touch, eh?" way. I believe jloome when he indicates they were not sure this was even a possible necessary move until after the Nashville game. And BM doesn't strike me as the sort of guy to put out feelers until he thinks its a possible necessary move he needs to make.

I'm kinda thinking Dunfield is here running things until 8th or 15th with a possible announcement a day prior to either of those games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if there was some kind of showdown behind the scenes. Maybe Bob demanded something, a vote of confidence, more control. Maybe Manning was totally surprised by that photo of MB lining up his coaching career overseas, instead of rehabbing. Something.

The Athletic article was a month ago. The Dunfield move is one you make when you are surprised by events. If this was thought through, Manning/TFC would have had a better interim solution in place.
    imo they were looking for the right time to let him go. results havent been good enough for a long time, but you dont want the interim first couple games being away at cinci and NER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have any update on media appearance??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Bill Manning will mention Richie Laryea's status? If he will cite it as a contributing factor to the departure or as a turn-the-page sign of future hope?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Anyone have any update on media appearance??
    No. Latest still, according to TorontoFC.ca... 'Toronto FC President Bill Manning will be available for further comment tomorrow, Tuesday, June 27 at 11:30 a.m. at BMO Training Ground.'. I do not understand if this presser will be broadcast live; by someone?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently presser not being live streamed but available on youtube shortly after

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CP24 is airing it live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that update L&TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    CP24 is airing it live
    They are!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waking The Red has a story up on it.

https://wakingthered.com/2023/06/27/...uld-be-better/

Sounds like they're targeting mid-season signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel Manning is desperately trying to build additional walls between himself and the product on the field with Hernandez now as GM. How long can he stave off the inevitable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    apparently presser not being live streamed but available on youtube shortly after
    The presser has been uploaded.
    https://youtu.be/4eXHlNr-Bo0

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason Hernandez sounds pretty good, sounds like a shot at Bob talking about going deep into the analytics as opposed to the eye test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    The presser has been uploaded.
    https://youtu.be/4eXHlNr-Bo0
    Thanks. That pained face is all too familiar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Jason Hernandez sounds pretty good, sounds like a shot at Bob talking about going deep into the analytics as opposed to the eye test.
    If you think about all the problems the FO has obviously created, analytics doesn’t come to mind as being near top of the list. Seems a no brainer that everyone can get behind, but that’s not especially what I want to hear. Actually,
    rethinking the sports medicine department sounds bigger. Still they can screw up the rethink but at least something is happening.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    If you think about all the problems the FO has obviously created, analytics doesn’t come to mind as being near top of the list. Seems a no brainer that everyone can get behind, but that’s not especially what I want to hear. Actually,
    rethinking the sports medicine department sounds bigger. Still they can screw up the rethink but at least something is happening.
    it's taken 2 failed rebuilds to finally modernize the club, it sounds like.

i'll believe it when i see it at this point, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The medical department overhaul seems needed. I am not sure where tfc ranks in the mls injuries but it seems there’s always a group of starters missing.

I wish Hernandez the best and time will tell on his success. He sounded positive in his press conference but pretty much all new GMs sound that way when announced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listening to the press conference. What a load of shit from Manning. Zero direct accountability about his own mistakes of which there are so many. No real answer to the question “what went wrong” with the Bob hire. “No one cares” that the last 3 (4!) coaches have very different styles and how is the academy coping with that. There are so many answers that if Manning was being honest would indicate his own incompetence.

Okay, good you are removing yourself from the GM position! Is Hernandez the answer? Maybe but he has no real experience in that position. Let’s hope we get lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an interesting presser.

• Manning looked pretty shell-shocked for the first few minutes. I came away with some sympathy for both him and Hernandez as people but their answers and talking points were both extremely poor. Nothing left me with the impression they know how to fix this.
    • Michael Singh asked an out of left field question about the third DP slot and that absolutely threw Manning. And with each follow up answer Bill looked increasingly ridiculous. In Bill’s world we made Osorio a DP back at the start of the season and told everyone about it.
    • Hot take: Decent chance Bob knew the way this is going he was going to be fired so he took a run at Manning but lost. All Bradley’s people are seemingly sidelined; Pozniak and Jakovic are Terry’s primary assistants. I doubt we see Michael any more other than to walk out and wave to the fans and get his jersey on the wall on honor.

I suggest everyone drive across the border to Costco and get as much liquor as you can fit in your car. This tire fire isn’t going out anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a feeling we go with a cheap, first time (at the MLS level) coach. Manning has wasted so much money on the Italians, Jozy's buyout and now having to pay Bob to not work here that I seriously doubt MLSE is just gonna give him free reign to spend like we have been.