Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
So Armas is going to have to go. I doubt he lasts 48 hours…

Tanenbaum cannot allow Manning and Curtis to do anything other than an interim hire here.
Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
I hope you are right.

I think in a normal world you would be right.

I still get the feeling management firmly believes this is all due to not being at home. Until tonight, I agreed with that. But what I saw tonight was waaaay deeper in terms of coach capability.

Manning isn't stupid though & he knows where this is going. He almost fired Vanney in 2018 after that year. The Manning that thought that one through would make the decision tonight. Do we still have that Manning though?
Dunno if he is going to force a change before TFC is back at BMO. If they weren't playing every game actually away, I'm pretty sure Armas would have been out already. As it is, he may be out just because TFC stinks so bad and Joey Saputo's cheapskate club is doing better despite the same issues of playing away. However, Manning may give him until late August. I guess we'll see.

Longer term, the MLSE board will expect a return on investment, and cellar-dweller isn't it. Larry T wants his teams to win. Bell and Rogers want playoffs for content for their networks. Manning knows this so he will have to act.