Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bravo to Fede for calling out the clearly incompetent and clueless Bradley. How Manning has not been fired escapes me....this team is dead.

Mannning brought in Curtis...Armas...and Bradley. Surely, he has to be accountable finally?

Manning and Bradely have completely destroyed this team...and on the highest payroll in the league. Get rid of them now, and stop this. We have already wasted 2 years of Insigne and Fede's contracts.

So depressing how bad we look now...4 games in league withouta goal...didn't even get a shot on net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    This would be old, if new the staircase over the go tracks would be in the pic
    Thanks Gringo Starr. Suspect you are right. IIRC, structure should be situated behind Ice Cream Truck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Thanks Gringo Starr. Suspect you are right. IIRC, structure should be situated behind Ice Cream Truck?
    Exactly that would be visible behind the ice cream truck, I remember seeing this banner before, though can’t recall when, still works now but without the staircase I say old pic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading the recent athletic article I don't see how he can continue here.

Every bit if dysfunctional can be traced directly to a decision he made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

Got a link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Bill and MLSE char Larry T attention was elsewhere today as the Argonauts announced their plans for their 150th anniversary season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post

I agree. That entire article is an endightment of one man’s management.

You almost feel sorry for everyone else involved having to live with Manning’s incompetence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article...

Yeah, Manning shouldn't survive this. I've always thought he was a coat-tail rider, always living off the talent and work of others that were already there before him. He basically took a franchise that was finally running well and broke it again. MLSE should have backed up the Brinks truck to Garth Lagerway's house last season and moved Manning to the Argos full-time. But I think that's the root of the Problem - it's the MLSE board and the Bogers executives that run everything and I'm sure they will make the wrong choices again. What we need is for MLSE to give a consulting contract to Tim Lieweke and his Oak View Group to do an executive search for a proper soccer president.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this quote just about sums it all up, per Athletic article

"Multiple former TFC employees said Manning does not seek others’ opinions when making decisions and that he considers himself the best scout, negotiator and talent evaluator in the club. Another said he looks for the easiest path in soccer decisions, pointing to the fact that Manning said he went to the website Transfermarkt.com to find a player, while failing to consider the relationships and personalities at play in such a major move."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    That article...

Yeah, Manning shouldn't survive this. I've always thought he was a coat-tail rider, always living off the talent and work of others that were already there before him. He basically took a franchise that was finally running well and broke it again. MLSE should have backed up the Brinks truck to Garth Lagerway's house last season and moved Manning to the Argos full-time. But I think that's the root of the Problem - it's the MLSE board and the Bogers executives that run everything and I'm sure they will make the wrong choices again. What we need is for MLSE to give a consulting contract to Tim Lieweke and his Oak View Group to do an executive search for a proper soccer president.
    Of course this is the root of all problems.
    IMHO it will never ever change, until MLSE owns TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If everything is true in this article, that's a SENSATIONAL article.
    Everybody should read every word!
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2023 at 01:43 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see Manning leaving MLSE, he's been able to take credit for the Argos unexpected win. Whether he deserves any credit for that, I don't know enough about gridiron to evaluate.

The best thing would be for MLSE to appoint a quality president focused only on TFC and moving Manning to full time with the Argos. I second the idea of getting Tim L's input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I want to say is I'm happy out fanbase are all on the same page. Before the season it seemed like a 50/50 split - a lot including myself critizied moves while others applauded it.

The divide it created was the first I've seen a long time and happy we are all back as one.

This should be enough to let this man go.
    We all know BM can't do it because the amount of dead money would basically end his career atleast for TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And where is this clown?

Through all this mess not even an interview, a statement, or even an email explaining things and asking for supporters to stick with them through this as better days are ahead digitally signed by Manning but written by an intern.

Nothing. Besides Bob's Friday weekly brief chat and his pointless post match ramblings on showing positive signs, we get radio silence from the team. Well unless they have a new $200 sweater with Drake's logo on it I guess or they start asking for new SSH deposits.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is shameful he chose the easy ticket selling route. We should be a dominant franchise in MLS. And not necessarily the biggest spenders but that helps if done right, he has set back TFC and Canadian development years if we miss these opportunities. Not qualified to run this franchise..... Manning out is more critical.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 06-23-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m surprised, and quite frankly shocked that more of the conversation isn’t surrounding the fact that Manning needs to go.

After that, seeing Bob out should come with the territory.

Feel like we need to be more vocal about removing Manning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I’m surprised, and quite frankly shocked that more of the conversation isn’t surrounding the fact that Manning needs to go.

yup...i can deal with bb for now,but if manning is back im done has a SSH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post

In Manning’s position, I could see the board telling him he’s out well in advance and then he casually disappears with a sleepy off season press release.

If Bradley gets fired, we’ll have to see how quickly the new appointment is. Trying to remember how it worked with short pants and Kevin Payne. But IIRC they basically turned their guns on everyone all at once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is no discussion here recently because it's a given that Manning has to go. Nobody disputes that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think there is no discussion here recently because it's a given that Manning has to go. Nobody disputes that.
    Question is , who is is firing Manning, MLSE does not have a president and ceo right now, the CFO is acting in the role. So then it would take one of the directors pushing it. In reality Larry wanting to make the move would have to happen. the board dynamic is interesting too, Bell is very different than Rogers right now in that Edward Rogers likes to have his hands in things, so we shall see...

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twellman Manning?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go for the jugular.
    How much dead weight money loss is on the books:
    Curtis Ali
    Chris Armas
    Jozy Altidore
    Bob Bradley

On top of- JJ i think TFC retained salary.

What happens to all of BOBs guys? who are mainly injured and over paid :
    Diomande
    Sapong
    Hedges
    Rosted
    Petretta

oh lord.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the heats on Manning .... he deflects! Classic approach of a mediocre manager, Manning Out. The damage over the past two years in particular is significant.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair Sapong is pretty good, he's exposed by a defense that either isn't trying or isn't effective. Mind you, upgrading from Bono was a no-brainer, it wasn't a genius move to sign Sapong. It's likely better value could have been found by proper scouting though.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a new deathwatch begins.......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    go for the jugular.
    How much dead weight money loss is on the books:
    Curtis Ali
    Chris Armas
    Jozy Altidore
    Bob Bradley

On top of- JJ i think TFC retained salary.

What happens to all of BOBs guys? who are mainly injured and over paid :
    Diomande
    Sapong
    Hedges
    Rosted
    Petretta

oh lord.
    I'm not sure if there is anything being paid for Ali Curtis..IIRC didn't they mutually part ways so he could go and do something with the MLS Next Pro?

Still doesn't excuse any of the other stuff he has done and he needs to go. Don't want to rely on him to find a new manager or sporting director...Hope this doesn't further hamper us in the upcoming window but just means if we do manage to free up any cap space and sign anyone it might not go with what the new manager is going to want yet again. Bob should have been fired months ago so that we could have someone in place for this trade window to be able to work on the team

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning is a survivor, the next four games are all winnable (RSL, St Louis(maybe not), Orlando, Chicago)… You will see Bernie play much much better, and we go on a little bit of a roll. Manning is in the midst of saving his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Manning is a survivor, the next four games are all winnable (RSL, St Louis(maybe not), Orlando, Chicago)… You will see Bernie play much much better, and we go on a little bit of a roll. Manning is in the midst of saving his job.

this is the unfortunate part- we cannot let up and time to put a sign at BMO field- Remember- it all falls on Bill Manning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with TT. Manning has been a coat-tail rider his entire career in MLS. First riding Garth Ledgerway's acumen at RSL, then inheriting what Tim Lieweke built and squandering it away. TFC needs a Masai.