Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If only we had a cheap depth LB somewhere in the organization….

What a trooper, a survivor the Toronto native was with the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astonishingly that was his first start there in three seasons after starting 92 of 125 appearances with us…. And he saves the game.

So underrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter when Manning will fire Curtis (if ever...) IMHO until Manning is not gone from his position, TFC will be big time underachiever, if comparing the player salaries invested vs other MLS teams' player salaries, and even all organizational, facility, etc. expenses.

Manning is directly responsable for all the gross mismanagement of the funds invested by the MLSE board in this team, he hired his buddy Ali, he supervised closely (or at least should have) everything Ali did since he is here, and all aspects related to the good functioning of the team (again, at least should have).

So while all this forum is shitting on Ali (myself included), because he's done a disgraceful job here, I honestly believe Manning is on the same level or even more responsible with all the mismanagement happened with TFC in the last 3 years.

For the good of this team Manning needs to be gone ASAP, at least from his position, if he'll stay with the organization (we know that he is a corporate survivor).

The people above him, the executive board of MLSE always wanted the best for this team, opened the financial avenues to full success, but nobody from there had or will have probably any real footy knowledge... so a lot more often then not they are hiring the wrong "footy" people to lead the team.

They need to know how much Manning has mismanaged the funds trusted to him!
    Right now maybe they do not know it, they think all it is because circumstances like Covid, bad luck, etc, you name it. It isn't.

I think latest in the last week of August at least 1,000 of you guys who reside in Canada and are real TFC supperters and fans (even better if SSH) should write a letter (yes, snail-mail) to the board of the MLSE about this.
    I'm not a native English speaker, English is just my 3rd language, but a few of you guys should compose maybe 3-4 variants of short letters, and everyone just chose the version most liked, and then send their snail-mail with that, including of course all their contact info like physical address!

Something short and concise, beginning with like how much of a TFC supperter/fan you are, how long are you following the team, and how angry/discontent you are because how much Mannig mismanaged things (player salaries, contracts, even communication with fans!).
    Is essential IMO to mention just about Manning, not even talk about Ali. Essential also to mention how much you apreciate the MLSE board doing everything possible financially for the team to succede.

You think if they get at least 1,000 letters like this (2,000 even better!) they would not care, and Manning will get a free ride for who knows how many more seasons?
    I don't think so!

Maybe this is a hugely stupid idea, but maybe not!
    If I would be in Canada I would organize guys to send these letters, but I know there are many many here who have the same opinion like me, and can start organizing this action!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) You have the former manager at 4th overall
    2) Assistant (who should have been promised the manager position when Vanney refused to extend!!!!) in 4th with a budget squad, candidate for manager of the year.
    3) Bez's squad is struggling this season but they won MLS Cup last year and are still in the running for a playoff spot.

So 3 formerly successful key figures who have gone on to continue being top performers have been replaced by absolute disasters that have sunk the franchise over time. All under the watch of Manning who needs to go. Everyone else that left TFC has been successful, he remained splashing generous contracts and extensions to his buddies.

Manning is the rot at TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    No matter when Manning will fire Curtis (if ever...) IMHO until Manning is not gone from his position, TFC will be big time underachiever, if comparing the player salaries invested vs other MLS teams' player salaries, and even all organizational, facility, etc. expenses.

Manning is directly responsable for all the gross mismanagement of the funds invested by the MLSE board in this team, he hired his buddy Ali, he supervised closely (or at least should have) everything Ali did since he is here, and all aspects related to the good functioning of the team (again, at least should have).

So while all this forum is shitting on Ali (myself included), because he's done a disgraceful job here, I honestly believe Manning is on the same level or even more responsible with all the mismanagement happened with TFC in the last 3 years.

For the good of this team Manning needs to be gone ASAP, at least from his position, if he'll stay with the organization (we know that he is a corporate survivor).

The people above him, the executive board of MLSE always wanted the best for this team, opened the financial avenues to full success, but nobody from there had or will have probably any real footy knowledge... so a lot more often then not they are hiring the wrong "footy" people to lead the team.

They need to know how much Manning has mismanaged the funds trusted to him!
    Right now maybe they do not know it, they think all it is because circumstances like Covid, bad luck, etc, you name it. It isn't.

I think latest in the last week of August at least 1,000 of you guys who reside in Canada and are real TFC supperters and fans (even better if SSH) should write a letter (yes, snail-mail) to the board of the MLSE about this.
    I'm not a native English speaker, English is just my 3rd language, but a few of you guys should compose maybe 3-4 variants of short letters, and everyone just chose the version most liked, and then send their snail-mail with that, including of course all their contact info like physical address!

Something short and concise, beginning with like how much of a TFC supperter/fan you are, how long are you following the team, and how angry/discontent you are because how much Mannig mismanaged things (player salaries, contracts, even communication with fans!).
    Is essential IMO to mention just about Manning, not even talk about Ali. Essential also to mention how much you apreciate the MLSE board doing everything possible financially for the team to succede.

You think if they get at least 1,000 letters like this (2,000 even better!) they would not care, and Manning will get a free ride for who knows how many more seasons?
    I don't think so!

Maybe this is a hugely stupid idea, but maybe not!
    If I would be in Canada I would organize guys to send these letters, but I know there are many many here who have the same opinion like me, and can start organizing this action!
    Great post. Instead of writing a letter this is what I will do, request they refund my thousands of dollars they have been holding. I can't be bothered going back to paying to support a dysfunctional management group like the Mariner, Beirne and Cochrane era. This is where we have returned to so are now needing a Leiweke type clear out. These leeches have yet again gained control of the franchise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Great post. Instead of writing a letter this is what I will do, request they refund my thousands of dollars they have been holding. I can't be bothered going back to paying to support a dysfunctional management group like the Mariner, Beirne and Cochrane era. This is where we have returned to so are now needing a Leiweke type clear out. These leeches have yet again gained control of the franchise.
    That's a wise move, requesting a full refund. And at anytime, if TFC will be better next season, probably you will have no problems at all to get a ticket for a single game, because next season the number of match-goers will be a lot diminished compared to the last "normal" season (I mean before Covid). This assuming next season will be again "normal".

But IMO you should still send a snail-mail to the MLSE board, with the same content of what I posted, plus mentioning that you have requested a full refund, and will become again a SSH when you can see a positive direction/hope for future in the activity of the management of the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My evaluation of Manning? He must be fired now. Enough is enough.

Him and his buddy Curtis need to go. To assemble such a horribly unbalance team with no defenders, and knowing Altidore is always hurt so we are playing with just 2 DPs is a disaster and he and Curtis must go for their incompetent mismanagement of the club. All this with the highest payroll in the mls. And we are a mess now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club is in a garbage state, personally I want my on hold money back. I have been a paying supporter since the Marlies ransom pack days in 2010. I have no desire to slog my way down to BMO to watch this anymore. Its just no fun, the team has no plan. I'm barely interested watchin on tv. Anyone else starting to feel this way Or am I the exception? Its just a lifeless team with no hope so what's the point. Manning has killed the club by hiring his friends and letting the youth system continue to rot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s kind of shocking that the club dropped off the performance and relevance cliffs. Even at the worst points the club was always trying to generate buzz and lift spirits. This just feels lifeless. Almost as if they absolutely do not care about creating an outward appearance of effort, or worse that there really is no effort at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My energy is fully put into Canada at this point. When the club starts caring about its fans and appearance things will become positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    My energy is fully put into Canada at this point. When the club starts caring about its fans and appearance things will become positive.
    If the president of MLSE had any sense at all, he’d see the immense talent coming out of Canada and find a leader suitable to make TFC the juggernaut of Canadian soccer. Preferably that someone is either Canadian or wishes to call Canada home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    If the president of MLSE had any sense at all, he’d see the immense talent coming out of Canada and find a leader suitable to make TFC the juggernaut of Canadian soccer. Preferably that someone is either Canadian or wishes to call Canada home.
    Throw a ton of money to John Herdman. He is doing to the Men’s team exactly what he did to the Women’s team..
    Whos to say he can’t do it at club level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bantamfan View Post
    Throw a ton of money to John Herdman. He is doing to the Men’s team exactly what he did to the Women’s team..
    He has zero experience working with a budget and developing young talent. Running national teams is a lot different than a club.

No room for risks or taking a chance anymore. This GM (and subsequent manager) hire has to be as lock as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He has zero experience working with a budget and developing young talent. Running national teams is a lot different than a club.

No room for risks or taking a chance anymore. This GM (and subsequent manager) hire has to be as lock as possible.
    Yes, they need a new sort of Lewieke, a real leader who’s going to drive the team forward materially and ideologically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I feckless hipster for wondering if Smyrniotis would be any good? We’re probably too big a leap for him but I’d be curious to see what he could do with GTA talent and a bigger platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Yes, they need a new sort of Lewieke, a real leader who’s going to drive the team forward materially and ideologically.
    This is a exactly it.

This team needs to be making noise in the market and be presentable / interesting to the press + fans. Not the soccer-club anonymous program Bill and Ali are running. The most interesting thing about this team right now is that it’s bad.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-06-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody promoting Herdman needs to spend 5 minutes on the Voyageurs forums (now hosted by Canadian Soccer News). Herdman was and really still is a hugely controversial choice for the CMNT job. He doesn’t have the credentials at all for the CMNT position (or TFC) but got the nod because the CSA suits were comfortable with him and thought his total lack of experience meant he was low flight risk. Most of Canada's wins since he got the job have been against minnows. A fairly large segment of the CMNT fan base think he is benefiting from the generational improvement in talent, and not the other way around.

Talk to me if he gets Canada into the WC. Even then he would just be a manager candidate, I am not sure I would let him near a top job.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-06-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No room for risks or taking a chance anymore. This GM (and subsequent manager, AND prior president/technical director/sporting director/whatever way is the correct way to setup a football club, as there seems to be literally dozens of different examples used all over the world, because it is becoming more and more obvious to me the problems with this team start at the very top) hire has to be as lock as possible.
    Fixed your post by adding to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody promoting Herdman needs to spend 5 minutes on the Voyageurs forums (now hosted by Canadian Soccer News). Herdman was and really still is a hugely controversial choice for the CMNT job. He doesn’t have the credentials at all for the CMNT position (or TFC) but got the nod because the CSA suits were comfortable with him and thought his total lack of experience meant he was low flight risk. Most of Canada's wins since he got the job have been against minnows. A fairly large segment of the CMNT fan base think he is benefiting from the generational improvement in talent, and not the other way around.

Talk to me if he gets Canada into the WC. Even then he would just be a manager candidate, I am not sure I would let him near a top job.
    Seeing how there have been suggestions to bring on either John Herdman, or Jim Curtain, or someone else, whom I don't really think is the right fit for this particular organization/market, leads me to believe that people on these boards don't really know themselves what it will take to rebuild this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bantamfan View Post
    No thank you!
    At least not now, maybe in 1-2 years when Herdman has really proven something.

At this point I'm not even convinced that he is/was the right choice for Canada's national team!
    In the 2 matches this qualification stage he was very far for being able to bring out the best from the very talented group of players he has at this disposal.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coaching a national team is a very different thing than coaching a club, week-in-and out.

I'd want someone who was a coach (or an assistant) for a men's team.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mauro Biello? MLS experience part of the CMNT revival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is a exactly it.

This team needs to be making noise in the market and be presentable / interesting to the press + fans. Not the soccer-club anonymous program Bill and Ali are running. The most interesting thing about this team right now is that it’s bad.
    I don’t think they are making any noise now because anytime Manning or Curtis pop their heads up, there is a resounding call for them to be fired. Seeing how out of touch they both are, they probably believe they can hide out until everyone forgets TFC exists, lol. Considering how out of touch the board appears, Manning probably can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Am I feckless hipster for wondering if Smyrniotis would be any good? We’re probably too big a leap for him but I’d be curious to see what he could do with GTA talent and a bigger platform.
    I feel like this would be the best solution if the team were to go full RBNY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any suggestion that we hire a Canadian has to end with the phrase ".... because of his vast experience in the professional game as a manager," and can't include Frank Yallop.

I can't, off the top of my head, think of anyone domestic who has the resume for this gig.

We need someone who has a proven track record of winning at pro second-tier level. Tata Martino has already demonstrated the notion of vast MLS experience isn't necessary to win in this league. We need someone of stature, but not a hired gun like Martino who moves ever year or two.

The problem is that no one at the second div level in Europe or SA is that interested in MLS. Might be a good Liga MX manager or two out there, though. Or we could chuck the kitchen sink at Bruce Arena or Jim Curtin. The former might like to have a budget again, and win a cup with three different teams. The latter is handcuffed in Philly by money.

If we could get anyone unemployed, my pick would be Eddie Howe, the former Bournemouth manager. Exceptional talent, constantly being mentioned as ideal for Prem jobs... which is why he reportedly turned down Celtic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think any suggestion that we hire a Canadian has to end with the phrase ".... because of his vast experience in the professional game as a manager," and can't include Frank Yallop.

I can't, off the top of my head, think of anyone domestic who has the resume for this gig.

We need someone who has a proven track record of winning at pro second-tier level. Tata Martino has already demonstrated the notion of vast MLS experience isn't necessary to win in this league. We need someone of stature, but not a hired gun like Martino who moves ever year or two.

The problem is that no one at the second div level in Europe or SA is that interested in MLS. Might be a good Liga MX manager or two out there, though. Or we could chuck the kitchen sink at Bruce Arena or Jim Curtin. The former might like to have a budget again, and win a cup with three different teams. The latter is handcuffed in Philly by money.

If we could get anyone unemployed, my pick would be Eddie Howe, the former Bournemouth manager. Exceptional talent, constantly being mentioned as ideal for Prem jobs... which is why he reportedly turned down Celtic.
    I don’t think the manager needs to be Canadian, but I do think finding someone who is willing to stay long term is best for the club. It will take a few years to build this club into a true perennial contender with a successful academy.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 09-07-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...575267492.html

Manning interview. Sounds like folks is getting fired...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...575267492.html

Manning interview. Sounds like folks is getting fired...
    Free link to same article

https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/20.../#.YTnn-iWs-Ec

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it utterly bizarre that Manning highlights the absence of Piatti.

Yup, TFC fans, midfield is where the problem is.

I also find this kind of suit-trick thing deeply annoying. In discussing Bradley sitting: “And so if managing minutes is going to help him — I'm sure he and Javier have talked — that's the most important thing. Michael is a guy who will do whatever it takes for the good of the team. And that's what makes him special and why he's been a champion."

Manning is pretending he doesn’t know whether Perez and Bradley have talked, because he wants to pretend he had nothing to do with any of this.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-09-2021 at 06:35 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it utterly bizarre that Manning highlights the absence of Piatti.

Yup, TFC fans, midfield is where the problem is.
    Yeah, I thought that quote was a crazy one too.

Is he admitting Solteldo hasn’t worked at 100x the price of Piatti? He’s basically asking to be fired himself saying something that stupid. Where was the mention of a porous defence? I didn’t see it.

I hope someone on the board steps in and ends his time here.