Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
We are at the fork in the road that is the riddle of supporter life. Fair weather fans drive a lot more change than the hardcores (who are mostly taken for granted, because of their loyalty).

Leiweke was a radical solution, born of real failure of all the teams. But now that it's really just TFC failing, the mindset of the bosses will govern what happens here. Which means nothing good, I am afraid.

We are yelling into the void, I am afraid. Even before you factor in the pandemic.
Is the overlooked but interesting observation here that the Argos are a tire-fire too? To be fair, they had a lot of issues that pre-date Manning but he certainly hasn’t righted the ship.

I hope whatever extension they gave him, it was a short one. But my gut tells me we are back to having sleepy corporate governance from people who really don’t understand how this team is supposed to work.

This is the core issue here throughout TFC’s history. We got lucky on account of accidentally having appointed a president who was given a long leash and had an actual vision. Now we’re back to having a bunch of corporate lizards who probably make great PowerPoint presentations but are useless when it comes to achieving things.

But again, the issue is the board is useless. Curtis and Manning should never have been hired. They are b-minus executives at best.