Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
Manning has to go for the idiotic choice to make Curtis the GM in the first place. Why would you get "two shots"? So you are saying he gets a free pass on hiring his way over his head and red bulls reject here and destroying the team? This is gross incompetence from him and also Curtis. They both must go.
My view on the 'two shots' is that it isn't great for culture to fire someone for every mistake. Given that, like i said, I am totally good with him being canned as well for the reasons you state. It has been one long, colossal screw up!

As for some more explanation on my "two shots" view, for example:

Vanney had a rough season in 2018, some were calling for him to be fired. I am glad he wasn't because as a coach that was one of his two shots, and he obviously turned it back around.

For Curtis, he has made bad signings and poor coaching decisions, he needs to be gone asap. I don't think a single person sees this any other way.

For Manning, his job is to oversee so mainly to bring in a competent GM. But to clarify again, this is just me saying I am on the fence of him going. I would be content either way, he let Curtis go for too long the same way Curtis let Armas go for too long.

Edit: Thinking about more, Manning hired Curtis and then actually extended him while the wheels were starting to fall off. That may be two shots now that I think about it more. I'll lean more towards he should be gone now too.