RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC Game Day Double Header - at Las Vegas Lights and vs. Vissel Kobe

The Reds have a pair of matches today, 5 pm eastern in Las Vegas vs. the USL Lights and in California vs. Japan's Vissel Kobe. Will be interesting to see if Vissel has their stars in Villa, Iniesta and Podolski out on the pitch vs. theReds. Both lineups are a mix of vets, kids and newcomers.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-match-preview

Doubleheader for the Reds in Las Vegas and California.

Group 1 vs.
    @lvlightsfc:

GK: Bono, KlenofskyDF: Auro Jr., Ciman, Mavinga, Peters, PetrassoMF: Chapman, DeLeon, Fraser, Layrea, Okello, TelferFW: Altidore, Endoh, Hamilton, Perruzza, Nelson

Group 2 vs. @vissel_kobe:

GK: Kapp, Lyon, Patterson-SewellDF: Dunn, Mohammed, Moor, Morgan, Morrow, West, ZavaletaMF: Campbell, Daniels, Dorsey, Gill, Osorio, Shaffelberg, Srbely, WilsonFW: Akinola, Bakero

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Reds have a pair of matches today, 5 pm eastern in Las Vegas vs. the USL Lights and in California vs. Japan's Vissel Kobe. Will be interesting to see if Vissel has their stars in Villa, Iniesta and Podolski out on the pitch vs. theReds. Both lineups are a mix of vets, kids and newcomers.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-match-preview

Doubleheader for the Reds in Las Vegas and California.

Group 1 vs.
    @lvlightsfc:

GK: Bono, KlenofskyDF: Auro Jr., Ciman, Mavinga, Peters, PetrassoMF: Chapman, DeLeon, Fraser, Layrea, Okello, TelferFW: Altidore, Endoh, Hamilton, Perruzza, Nelson

Group 2 vs. @vissel_kobe:

GK: Kapp, Lyon, Patterson-SewellDF: Dunn, Mohammed, Moor, Morgan, Morrow, West, ZavaletaMF: Campbell, Daniels, Dorsey, Gill, Osorio, Shaffelberg, Srbely, WilsonFW: Akinola, Bakero
    Wow that's an interesting lineup, with more of a B-squad facing Vissel. And the more A-squad having to do the extra travel to Las Vegas. I would have thought the other way around!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strange that both left backs are with one squad and both right backs are with the other.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1-0 LV, 38th min

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 LV, 42nd min

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A disappointing 5-1 loss to the Lights of Las Vegas. Onward to the Kobe Beef Boys and their trio of World Cup champions in the night cap one state over. Wonder if Mr. Vanney will be making the mad dash over ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game vs. Vissel cancelled: threats of flash floods in the area.

Oh well...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Game vs. Vissel cancelled: threats of flash floods in the area.

Oh well...
    Well that’s a wrap then, too bad. Hope everyone out there is safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    A disappointing 5-1 loss to the Lights of Las Vegas. Onward to the Kobe Beef Boys and their trio of World Cup champions in the night cap one state over. Wonder if Mr. Vanney will be making the mad dash over ?
    What the heck!? That was with our expected main CB pairing. Did the mid-field get overrun or something? There must be some glaring holes in the roster exposed - the FO has their work cut out for them this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    What the heck!? That was with our expected main CB pairing. Did the mid-field get overrun or something? There must be some glaring holes in the roster exposed - the FO has their work cut out for them this week.
    It's tempting to have that kind of reaction, but it's also good not to read too much into preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    That was truly a mess, man some of those give aways.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Holy shit Las Vegas almost ran out of confetti before the end of the game... :-/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The result is embarrassing but it's preseason and I'm not gonna get too worked up.

But man Bono with a bunch of goalkeeping errors. What the hell happened to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it’s preseason but still those highlights are ugly,plus wth all that has gone on so far these last few weeks this is not a good look. I’ve never been a fan of Ciman and think he is a terrible signing , and it looked like he was partly responsible for some of those goals . I’ve seen this guy screw up too many times exspecially when he played with the Impact. This whole preseason has been a shit show and a result like this against a USL team even if it’s preseason just continues the feeling that TFC are on the road to becoming the worst team in the world again lol. Too much negativity surrounding this club right now , and with the CCL and MLS season just around the corner I’m not liking the feeling going into the season.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 02-03-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I think Bono made a mistake staying in Toronto. His weaknesses are not going to be corrected in MLS, he has to go to Europe if he wants to take his career to the next level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Yes it’s preseason but still those highlights are ugly,plus wth all that has gone on so far these last few weeks this is not a good look. I’ve never been a fan of Ciman and think he is a terrible signing , and it looked like he was partly responsible for some of those goals . I’ve seen this guy screw up too many times exspecially when he played with the Impact. This whole preseason has been a shit show and a result like this against a USL team even if it’s preseason just continues the feeling that TFC are on the road to becoming the worst team in the world again lol. Too much negativity surrounding this club right now , and with the CCL and MLS season just around the corner I’m not liking the feeling going into the season.
    We lost to UC Irvine and won the cup. Yeah, they played like garbage, Ciman and Bono were awful, but it’s still pre-season... Between this and the polar vortex — take some Vitamin D, buy some dry legal weed now that it’s being delivered, and cheer up! Far too early to head back to the “Great Depression” years.

The Ciman signing is a bit of a mystery. I follow the French league, and his stint at Dijon was unremarkable (though Dijon is pretty bad as well). He must be on a low salary because I have a feeling he enjoyed the Canadian lifestyle due to his family issues, and hated Montreal because Joey is a snake. Obviously left LA because of family. The big question is: will we get the decent version or the terrible one? Another spin of the TFC transfer roulette wheel!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman was supposedly on low wages in Montreal in exchange for the Impact funding his autistic daughter's treatments (Montreal is a world leader in the world in autistic therapy for French speaking girls). Joey Cheese allegedly reneged on the team paying for the treatments when the bills came in and they were high (as autistic treatment can be). When Ciman complained, Joey traded him to LA, which as you can imagine didn't help Ciman's daughter.

None of this speaks of any attitude problem with Ciman himself. I have nothing but contempt for how the Impact allegedly treated him, it's completely reprehensible.

I'm pretty sure Toronto has a similar deal as Montreal did, bargain salary but pay for his daughter's treatments.

Toronto will do the right thing for Ciman, MLSE are very supportive of all their teams players families. Ciman's family will live in Montreal, and he will commute between Toronto and Montreal. I imagine Ciman will be extra motivated for the 401 derby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Ciman was supposedly on low wages in Montreal in exchange for the Impact funding his autistic daughter's treatments (Montreal is a world leader in the world in autistic therapy for French speaking girls). Joey Cheese allegedly reneged on the team paying for the treatments when the bills came in and they were high (as autistic treatment can be). When Ciman complained, Joey traded him to LA, which as you can imagine didn't help Ciman's daughter.

None of this speaks of any attitude problem with Ciman himself. I have nothing but contempt for how the Impact allegedly treated him, it's completely reprehensible.

I'm pretty sure Toronto has a similar deal as Montreal did, bargain salary but pay for his daughter's treatments.

Toronto will do the right thing for Ciman, MLSE are very supportive of all their teams players families. Ciman's family will live in Montreal, and he will commute between Toronto and Montreal. I imagine Ciman will be extra motivated for the 401 derby.
    I’m of the same opinion. I liked Ciman even at MTL, and can respect that all his moves came as a result of his family situation (and the way he left to Dijon as a result of Joey’s snakery). While slightly prone to the odd brain fart, he had an excellent season for the cheese stooges, but has since been unable to really replicate it.

If he’s on low wages (which he should be), and performs like he did that season in MTL it will be a great pick-up. If he continues to decline, I’m not sure he’s the best Moor replacement possible.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I’m of the same opinion. I liked Ciman even at MTL, and can respect that all his moves came as a result of his family situation (and the way he left to Dijon as a result of Joey’s snakery). While slightly prone to the odd brain fart, he had an excellent season for the cheese stooges, but has since been unable to really replicate it.

If he’s on low wages (which he should be), and performs like he did that season in MTL it will be a great pick-up. If he continues to decline, I’m not sure he’s the best Moor replacement possible.
    Don't forget the chemistry that's sprung up between him and Mavinga. I think he'll prove to be a great pick up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Don't forget the chemistry that's sprung up between him and Mavinga. I think he'll prove to be a great pick up.
    That’s my hope too.