Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Winning on the Road? In front of 60,000 fans...

I thank a lot of you for teaching me a lot more about soccer and the historical aspects of it. Formation wise and tactics. My question to you is I get this is a bad thread please give me a chance to explain In thinking through my head, has there been a lot of examples throughout of teams winning on the road in front of such big crowds. Thinking back through the years I'm sure it has happened at World Cups where the hosts play, and Champions league this isn't really something I can look up. I mean like a team winning under such circumstances I'm trying to get more confident. The Atlanta win does that. But through history in other leagues and competitions what stands out when I ask this.. Giving this thread like 5 hours lol because I don't think I will get any responses and if so great I would love to start a thread to talk history of the game more and learn a lot. Maybe examples throughout your life of teams you cheered for and against... I'm sorry in advance this is a thread I wanted to start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Euro 96 semi-final Germany vs England at Wembley stadium

Germany win on a penalty shoot out in front of a 75,862 crowd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Euro 2004 Greece vs Protugal . Attendane 65,647 Greece winning at The Estádio da Luz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many fans were in attendance when we knocked off Tigres? Club America? Won 2-1 in Guadalajara. It's not the exact same team, but we can do what needs to be done in hostile environments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Cup 2006 Semi Final. Italy vs Germany in Dortmund, where they hadn’t lost in 20 some years. Italy wins 2-0 in ET.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    How many fans were in attendance when we knocked off Tigres? Club America? Won 2-1 in Guadalajara. It's not the exact same team, but we can do what needs to be done in hostile environments.
    This! never forget.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The spine of this team is used to hostile environments.

That having been said, I am looking forward to what a truly engaged 70K in a stadium designed to create noise does here in North America - it isn't going to faze TFC but it has the potential to be epic.

A heck of a lot of atmosphere in MLS grounds right now is like LAFC - there but not really in tune with what is going on. I put the Atlanta crowds in the same boat.

We, (Portland & Minnesotta & SKC are added to this) - are different because BMO is engaged - we are more a European or South American crowd. If Seattle can do that, get 70K to sway emotionally and noise wise with the ups and downs of their team, it would move supporter culture in this league farther then Atlantas large crowd or LAFC's droning minions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^If they bring it... it will be new level noisy Sunday

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...m-noise-record
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The spine of this team is used to hostile environments.

That having been said, I am looking forward to what a truly engaged 70K in a stadium designed to create noise does here in North America - it isn't going to faze TFC but it has the potential to be epic.

A heck of a lot of atmosphere in MLS grounds right now is like LAFC - there but not really in tune with what is going on. I put the Atlanta crowds in the same boat.

We, (Portland & Minnesotta & SKC are added to this) - are different because BMO is engaged - we are more a European or South American crowd. If Seattle can do that, get 70K to sway emotionally and noise wise with the ups and downs of their team, it would move supporter culture in this league farther then Atlantas large crowd or LAFC's droning minions.
    I hate to be a downer and not criticizing any (Anyone who puts time and work into supporting any club deserves praise) but I don't agree we're different. We're very set in chants at a particular time and rarely chanting based on what's happening and I honestly don't know if I've ever heard an improvised chant at BMO (or at least one that wasn't drowned out immediately). I think when we see that we can say we're European or South American. I'd love to be more like that but I've found even at away games with small crowd any attempt to chant something different is usually drowned out by a pre planned chant for that time.

I don't really see what makes us different to LAFC, but that's not a particularly bad thing - I personally think the LAFC atmosphere sounds great and so does ours when it's full for a big game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah..all good discussion.

We don't do improvised chants. We also don't chant the same thing at certain times every game (Seattle "I can't hear an effin thing" chant & ALL of LAFC's cosplay)

What we do do is connect with the flow of the play - most of MLS fans don't do that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not just victories....There have been some epic beatdowns put on favoured home teams in front of massive crowds

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portugal winning Euro 2016 vs France at Stade de France. 75k in attendance.
    The Atlanta game last week reminded me of this final where the home team attacked in waves and could not finish.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I hate to be a downer and not criticizing any (Anyone who puts time and work into supporting any club deserves praise) but I don't agree we're different. We're very set in chants at a particular time and rarely chanting based on what's happening and I honestly don't know if I've ever heard an improvised chant at BMO (or at least one that wasn't drowned out immediately). I think when we see that we can say we're European or South American. I'd love to be more like that but I've found even at away games with small crowd any attempt to chant something different is usually drowned out by a pre planned chant for that time.

I don't really see what makes us different to LAFC, but that's not a particularly bad thing - I personally think the LAFC atmosphere sounds great and so does ours when it's full for a big game
    In the LAFC supporters section, you're likely to get reprimanded if you cheer after a goal or great play, instead of following along with the programmed chant. I've never experienced that at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    In the LAFC supporters section, you're likely to get reprimanded if you cheer after a goal or great play, instead of following along with the programmed chant. I've never experienced that at BMO.

Not just likely - documented in an athletic article.