Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, no Cavalinni to TFC anytime soon. Sounds like the big clubs in Mexico are interested.

Amazing how many guys we have on the rise right now who play up front. Now if only we could produce a damn fullback.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-10-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't that used to be the other way around? We used to create solid defenders, but no creative midfielders or forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miami have dropped 11M on a 19 yr old Argie winger https://www.estudiantesdelaplata.com...-en-city-bell/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Didn't that used to be the other way around? We used to create solid defenders, but no creative midfielders or forwards.
    Modern RB/LB is probably the hardest position to source for and a difficult one to develop as a lot of them tend to be converted players nowadays.

Even teams with unlimited resources have issues at those positions, and with keepers and CBs starting to take on different roles it becomes harder to develop a complete solution for multiple positions.

When all you need is a big athletic CB, it’s easy to develop a whole bunch and retain them on low salaries.

When you can spend as much as you want but still end up with players who are decent but not exceptional, like Meunier, Kurzawa, Bernat, etc., you can tell there’s a bit of an issue — especially when Dani Alves is still looking for work at the highest levels and he’s 36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Modern RB/LB is probably the hardest position to source for and a difficult one to develop as a lot of them tend to be converted players nowadays.

Even teams with unlimited resources have issues at those positions, and with keepers and CBs starting to take on different roles it becomes harder to develop a complete solution for multiple positions.

When all you need is a big athletic CB, it’s easy to develop a whole bunch and retain them on low salaries.

When you can spend as much as you want but still end up with players who are decent but not exceptional, like Meunier, Kurzawa, Bernat, etc., you can tell there’s a bit of an issue — especially when Dani Alves is still looking for work at the highest levels and he’s 36.
    Just goes to show there is huge opportunity for young players today who might want to change their position of choice.

Looking at even Canada. Your chance of getting minutes up top are limited and competition is going to be fierce for the next half decade at least.

If you play on the back line you will instantly get a look. And it’s not like the fullback is a boring position these days. It’s very involved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Davies is going to be the LB for the CanMNT & whereever he goes - Bayern has made that call & I don't see anybody stopping that development. RB though is open.

Part of me is wondering if the Shaff keeps on his trajectory what it would be like to have him & Davies on that left side in 2026.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Davies is going to be the LB for the CanMNT & whereever he goes - Bayern has made that call & I don't see anybody stopping that development. RB though is open.

Part of me is wondering if the Shaff keeps on his trajectory what it would be like to have him & Davies on that left side in 2026.
    Although Bayern also tried Davies farther up on the left for part of their last friendly game. I think they're still trying some things out with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Although Bayern also tried Davies farther up on the left for part of their last friendly game. I think they're still trying some things out with him.
    I think they will try him out at both positions this year and it will sort itself out. I think he has a higher ceiling as a LB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At face value they are calling it LB but it’s more of a wide player in a 3-5-2. He doesn’t have the defensive inclination to be a outright fullback. The issue Bayern has with him (speculating) is he doesn’t finish consistently enough to play up top. You can’t justify playing someone that close to the goal who isn’t going to convert more chances (at least when you’re playing for a top 5 team in the world).

But for Canada, he’s still a first choice forward. It’s insanity for us to think of him at LB. His first step is unbelievably fast as is his top speed (like all-world level). He also likes to gamble (as a good attacking player does). He makes elementary mistakes defending and isn’t all that great in possession. It all screams “play him further up the field” to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    At face value they are calling it LB but it’s more of a wide player in a 3-5-2. He doesn’t have the defensive inclination to be a outright fullback. The issue Bayern has with him (speculating) is he doesn’t finish consistently enough to play up top. You can’t justify playing someone that close to the goal who isn’t going to convert more chances (at least when you’re playing for a top 5 team in the world).

But for Canada, he’s still a first choice forward. It’s insanity for us to think of him at LB. His first step is unbelievably fast as is his top speed (like all-world level). He also likes to gamble (as a good attacking player does). He makes elementary mistakes defending and isn’t all that great in possession. It all screams “play him further up the field” to me.
    Yup. Could see him being a classic up and down sort of winger on a top class team. Leftback at any level is inane to me. The guy is not that good of a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can look no further than David Alaba for tutoring.

Davies is setup for great success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    LAFC putting in work.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooney in talks to leave DC United two years early.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...r-this-season/

If he goes to Burnley, does it mean that the EPL is now a "retirement league" for washed up MLS players? :-D

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's going to Derby - Goff saying its all because his wife misses her family. He is happy here, apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW I was watching the Derby - Huddersfield classic this afternoon and their hearts were all a'flutter that Rooney would come to Derby as a player coach. I love the idea that his wife could be so put off with life in the backwater that is Washington D.C that she would jump at the opportunity to move to Derbyshire.. a litteral hobbit hole. No disrespect. I loved Derby and outside of Hull City I will gladly cheer for them in the Championship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good move for Wayne. Will be able to learn the ropes of coaching whilst still playing at a level that he should still do well in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's official, Rooney's going to Derby County.

Edit: Starting Jan 2020.

Last edited by pfk; 08-06-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DC United in talks to sign Mesut Ozil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    DC United in desperate attempt to have something to say to their fans, no matter how absurd
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not for this season though, apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that seems crazy. He’d have to take a massive pay cut I imagine to even consider it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bojan just flew into Montreal making the rumours much more believable. any chance for us to nab him instead? would prob need to drop a DP into TAM status or set him up as TAM with future expectations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Bojan just flew into Montreal making the rumours much more believable. any chance for us to nab him instead? would prob need to drop a DP into TAM status or set him up as TAM with future expectations.
    I don't know what to think of him. He could be awesome or a total bust. There's really no way to know until getting him out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    Bojan? He was wearing an Impact shirt at the airport so I doubt he’s in play for anyone but Montreal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.sjearthquakes.com/post/2...y-nashville-sc

Since Nashville is officially doing a Cincinnati, Curtis should be on the phone seeing if a Zavaleta unload for allocation is doable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ballou and bojan to montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here I thought that was Milan Borjan for a second. Yikes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So la Galaxy is getting a free loan of bocas Pavon and his salary is low enough to b under TAM ,. Some things never change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    So la Galaxy is getting a free loan of bocas Pavon and his salary is low enough to b under TAM ,. Some things never change
    I love how they framed it as “training” too, lol.