0 Thread(s)

NYCFC has a problem with neo-Nazis.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...sEnabled=false

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm betting on Edmonton at Commonwealth Stadium - it's as about as far as you can get from the US border next to the least populated US states, and Cascadia fans would have to thread the transcanada through the Rockies. It's about as much of a home advantage as we can get, so long as the people of Edmonton don't try to make the visitors "feel at home" like they did for Jamaica a couple of decades ago...
    I doubt it. Commonwealth doesn't have grass anymore, but instead has 10 year old fieldturf, and Canada hasn't played a match there since 2013.
    Last edited by timbercorvus; 03-28-2019 at 03:57 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timbercorvus View Post
    I doubt it. Commonwealth doesn't have grass anymore, but instead has 10 year old fieldturf, and Canada hasn't played a match there since 2013.
    Commonwealth Stadium's turf was replaced in 2015: https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/vanc...tificial-turf/

Wikipedia even says it was replaced again in 2016, but that seems odd and I doubt this is true:

The stadium has a Shaw Sports Turf Powerblade Elite 2.5S artificial turf system, installed in 2016 by GTR turf, which covers an area of 10,215 square meters (109,950 sq ft). It contains additional cushioning through the installation of an extra shock pad. The turf lacks permanent line markings; this allows the markings to alternate between football and soccer.
    from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common...ium_(Edmonton)

Of course Canada has played games there more recently: a number of games during the 2015 Women's World Cup. No idea if there are any upcoming men's games there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I’m not going to. I will cheer against The USA, for Canada, but will never boo Bradley or Altidore.
    I didn't mean boo them, I just meant cheering for Canada would mean cheering against them, that's all.

But I don't mean be hostile or anything like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozo’s FIFA base card = 76...

Accuracy.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So Osorio et al vs Bradley et all twice in the Fall for Concacaf Nations League.

Here's to a game vs. the US at BMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Those games are going to be fun, but a little weird, to watch.

Imagine cheering against Bradley and Jozy at BMO. Crazy.
    Well it's either that or Cuba.

We'll def get a match.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Pozo’s FIFA base card = 76...

Accuracy.
    It's 79

https://www.futview.com/players/fifa19/84898

He should be 80-82 imo, they typically get it in the ball park by a couple points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    It's 79

https://www.futview.com/players/fifa19/84898

He should be 80-82 imo, they typically get it in the ball park by a couple points.
    After the upgrade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the upgrade.
    And man, Quaresma is an 84... shoulda bought him instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the upgrade.
    damn those fifa guys upgrading players when they perform well

And man, Quaresma is an 84... shoulda bought him instead.
    Well making investment decisions based on anything but your own merit would be very stupid. Quaresma is still a good footballer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn those fifa guys upgrading players when they perform well

Well making investment decisions based on anything but your own merit would be very stupid. Quaresma is still a good footballer.
    Because the ratings are often very inaccurate. +3 is pretty big in FIFA world.

Di Maria is also 84. Clearly the equivalent of the great Quaresma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because the ratings are often very inaccurate. +3 is pretty big in FIFA world.

Di Maria is also 84. Clearly the equivalent of the great Quaresma.
    They definitely can be. Scaling accurate ratings across 700 clubs and 18,000 players is not really realistic.

But are they often, very inaccurate?

Let's evaluate the top 12-15 players on TFC to see if we can find any (since we know them best.)

I'll do a quick google search.

Ratings updated March 25, 2019. 4 days ago.

Player – Rating – My Rating

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
    Altidore - 76 - 76
    Bradley - 76 - 76
    Mavinga - 72 - 72
    Morrow - 71 - 71
    Moor - 70 - 72
    Osorio - 71 - 71
    Ciman - 74 - 71
    Auro - 69 - 69
    Delgado - 67 - 67
    Deleon - 67 - 69
    Bono - 68 - 67

I'm sure you may have different opinions on player valuations then me. Most people have different opinions.

I used TFC as one example; and I found one player, Ciman that has an unrealistic rating, but even then he is out of form right now and it's not that bad.

Quasmera seems like the rating is wrong. I wouldn't say he's an 84 at all either.

But to answer your claim that they are often very inaccurate is just false.

It's a tool used from a variety of data set points; where if you are using in the context of lazily finding approximate valuations; it will be within realistic outcomes for you more then not.

Again for anyone new reading this conversation, my stance:

1) You do not use it to take player ratings at face value
    2) You don't make strong opinionated stances on players or leagues from these ratings
    3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more then not
    4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed, etc.

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 10 seconds
    2) Give you an approximate and not crazy valuation 85 % + of the time.
    Last edited by Defoe; 03-29-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2) You don't make strong opinionated stances on players or leagues from these ratings
    3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more then not
    4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed, etc.

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 10 seconds
    This is changing what you’ve originally said. FIFA ratings are not accurate (I’d give you more examples but you’d simply move the goalposts for the nth time), are often wrong (I’m not simply speaking to overalls, which are often manipulated for marketing purposes, but to their entire system of player and ability ranking), offer no granularity (something you never mentioned until I did, and which is important in assessing the skill of players).

They’re by no means accurate, nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. These are all things you’ve claimed, but since you’re wrong you decided to change your stance every time you post.

Sorry, we’re done here. Just go to the zillions of FIFA threads on inaccuracy of ratings that pop up every time any card rating is announced, during every release, update, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is changing what you’ve originally said. FIFA ratings are not accurate (I’d give you more examples but you’d simply move the goalposts for the nth time), are often wrong (I’m not simply speaking to overalls, which are often manipulated for marketing purposes, but to their entire system of player and ability ranking), offer no granularity (something you never mentioned until I did, and which is important in assessing the skill of players).

They’re by no means accurate, nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. These are all things you’ve claimed, but since you’re wrong you decided to change your stance every time you post.

Sorry, we’re done here. Just go to the zillions of FIFA threads on inaccuracy of ratings that pop up every time any card rating is announced, during every release, update, etc.

Moving the goal posts? What is your mindset right now? You can't win this debate because I don't care about debate... I only care about the truth. You seem to have a narrow-minded view where you're not shifting your binary poles from one true right and one true wrong. What else are you extreme in?

Do you see how you write arbitrary and fake numbers like zillions? It's ambiguous and lacks clarity. It's very hard to understand your communication style.

I've stated that the ratings used are accurate and to add clarity in my sentiments, I've estimated that they are accurate most of the time at scale within realistic measures more so then not, even citing TFC as an example/ case study. I decided to note they are accurate most of the time, not to "move the goal post" but to be more clear for you. Scaling accurate ratings through 18,000 players and 700 clubs means there are going to be anomalies and outliers in which there will be false ratings. Again, i'm not one sided on this, it's fairly obvious there are glitch's. The issue i'm having is that because your unwilling to move off your narrow minded stance; I'm going to assume you mean to say that FIFA ratings can be wrong at times, which is correct. Your "zillions" of inaccurate numbers is what is lacking clarity. What is a realistic percentage form?

So here is my issue that I don't think you’re being very honest/clear about.

1) "There are zillions of inaccurate numbers." Could you be more clear to what this actually means?
    2) They are often, very inaccurate. Could you be more clear in what often very inaccurate means as a potential number ?
    3) They’re by no means accurate, Well I'm telling you they are accurate more then not and anybody that uses 7-8 case studies will come to the same conclusion.
    4) nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. I never said this: I said that it's the best non biased way to gauge a players skill that I know of. You need to read more carefully.

There are 18,000 players in the game approximately. To come to a true consensus, we would both need to review 18,000 players and be an expert in every league and every player; which neither of us can realistically do or would want to do. So let's say of 18,000 players, 5 % are inaccurate and 95 % are accurate. Well I would be correct here that they are mostly accurate and you would be correct that there are inaccurate ratings. This would mean of 5 % being inaccurate, 900 players are inaccurate and of 95 % being accurate, 17,100 players are accurate.

You see how that works?

Now this ratio of accurate to inaccurate players could differ and it may be subject to scrutiny based on player form and other variables. It could be 10-90 or 15-85 or 4-96 as a ratio. Again, both of us would not be able to provide an exact granular number on what that percentage form is. My estimation is 85-90 to 10-15. Accurate to Inaccurate.

I'm providing clarity in when these ratings should be used and when they should not. You should go back and read my prior posts because through this entire dialogue i've stated the following:

3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more so then not
    4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 15 seconds
    2) Give you approximate and not crazy valuation 85 % + of the time.

I think you should be more focussed on reading and understanding rather then trying to be right, because you're going to come closer to the middle then you realize and there is often not one true right and one true wrong. Just be more open minded. And that's for life as well. If you want to add clarity in what you feel the ratio of overall ratings of accurate to inaccurate ratings are it would be a good start. I define accurate overall rating as the overall rating within 1-2 points and not the breakdown of the player ie: shot, speed etc because that's not what i'm using it for.

My whole point to this is to come to the truth that people can use these FIFA rating systems as a tool to find an approximate valuation of a player and it will be fairly accurate more so the not. You can use it as a guideline to give you a ballpark idea and it will spit out a fairly realistic number more so then not. If that isn't your take away then it is now because i'm stating it. I've stated that the whole time. Go back and read if you didn't get that message.
    Last edited by Defoe; 03-30-2019 at 01:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point of Order

Is the efficacy of FIFA game ratings really a "general TFC MLS banter" discussion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving the goal posts? What is your mindset right now? You can't win this debate because I don't care about debate... I only care about the truth. You seem to have a narrow-minded view where you're not shifting your binary poles from one true right and one true wrong. What else are you extreme in?

Do you see how you write arbitrary and fake numbers like zillions? It's ambiguous and lacks clarity. It's very hard to understand your communication style.

I've stated that the ratings used are accurate and to add clarity in my sentiments, I've estimated that they are accurate most of the time at scale within realistic measures more so then not, even citing TFC as an example/ case study. I decided to note they are accurate most of the time, not to "move the goal post" but to be more clear for you. Scaling accurate ratings through 18,000 players and 700 clubs means there are going to be anomalies and outliers in which there will be false ratings. Again, i'm not one sided on this, it's fairly obvious there are glitch's. The issue i'm having is that because your unwilling to move off your narrow minded stance; I'm going to assume you mean to say that FIFA ratings can be wrong at times, which is correct. Your "zillions" of inaccurate numbers is what is lacking clarity. What is a realistic percentage form?

So here is my issue that I don't think you’re being very honest/clear about.

1) "There are zillions of inaccurate numbers." Could you be more clear to what this actually means?
    2) They are often, very inaccurate. Could you be more clear in what often very inaccurate means as a potential number ?
    3) They’re by no means accurate, Well I'm telling you they are accurate more then not and anybody that uses 7-8 case studies will come to the same conclusion.
    4) nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. I never said this: I said that it's the best non biased way to gauge a players skill that I know of. You need to read more carefully.

There are 18,000 players in the game approximately. To come to a true consensus, we would both need to review 18,000 players and be an expert in every league and every player; which neither of us can realistically do or would want to do. So let's say of 18,000 players, 5 % are inaccurate and 95 % are accurate. Well I would be correct here that they are mostly accurate and you would be correct that there are inaccurate ratings. This would mean of 5 % being inaccurate, 900 players are inaccurate and of 95 % being accurate, 17,100 players are accurate.

You see how that works?

Now this ratio of accurate to inaccurate players could differ and it may be subject to scrutiny based on player form and other variables. It could be 10-90 or 15-85 or 4-96 as a ratio. Again, both of us would not be able to provide an exact granular number on what that percentage form is. My estimation is 85-90 to 10-15. Accurate to Inaccurate.

I'm providing clarity in when these ratings should be used and when they should not. You should go back and read my prior posts because through this entire dialogue i've stated the following:

3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more so then not
    4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 15 seconds
    2) Give you approximate and not crazy valuation 85 % + of the time.

I think you should be more focussed on reading and understanding rather then trying to be right, because you're going to come closer to the middle then you realize and there is often not one true right and one true wrong. Just be more open minded. And that's for life as well. If you want to add clarity in what you feel the ratio of overall ratings of accurate to inaccurate ratings are it would be a good start. I define accurate overall rating as the overall rating within 1-2 points and not the breakdown of the player ie: shot, speed etc because that's not what i'm using it for.

My whole point to this is to come to the truth that people can use these FIFA rating systems as a tool to find an approximate valuation of a player and it will be fairly accurate more so the not. You can use it as a guideline to give you a ballpark idea and it will spit out a fairly realistic number more so then not. If that isn't your take away then it is now because i'm stating it. I've stated that the whole time. Go back and read if you didn't get that message.
    TL;DR

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ogthedim View Post
    point of order

is the efficacy of fifa game ratings really a "general tfc mls banter" discussion?
    thank you!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
    Altidore - 76 - 76
    Bradley - 76 - 76
    Mavinga - 72 - 73
    Morrow - 71 - 72
    Moor - 70 - 71
    Osorio - 71 - 71
    Ciman - 74 - 70
    Auro - 69 - 69
    Delgado - 67 - 68
    Deleon - 67 - 70
    Bono - 68 - 66

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TL;DR
    We know that

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of FIFA ratings, if anyone has issues with ratings they want changed then let me know since I'm still a reviewer for it, although I haven't actively done it for a couple years so lost most of my privileges to change shit but I can still put in the request to have stuff changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
    Altidore - 76 - 76
    Bradley - 76 - 76
    Mavinga - 72 - 73
    Morrow - 71 - 72
    Moor - 70 - 71
    Osorio - 71 - 71
    Ciman - 74 - 70
    Auro - 69 - 69
    Delgado - 67 - 68
    Deleon - 67 - 70
    Bono - 68 - 66
    Pretty good. I more or less agree with this minus a point on Deleon (69) and I might give Ciman an extra point unless he continues to slide.

Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    Speaking of FIFA ratings, if anyone has issues with ratings they want changed then let me know since I'm still a reviewer for it, although I haven't actively done it for a couple years so lost most of my privileges to change shit but I can still put in the request to have stuff changed.
    That's awesome man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    NYCFC has a problem with neo-Nazis.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...sEnabled=false
    Let me get this straight, NYCFC have a group of Latino White Supremacists? Isnt there a contradiction there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good. I more or less agree with this minus a point on Deleon (69) and I might give Ciman an extra point unless he continues to slide.

That's awesome man!
    Ya Not a huge fan of Ciman he really would need to pull some impossibles to gain a point or 2 from me.
    That is awesome lets start a thread for that like a vote on what the average person on here rates each player. Is that possible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
    Altidore - 76 - 76
    Bradley - 76 - 76
    Mavinga - 72 - 73
    Morrow - 71 - 72
    Moor - 70 - 71
    Osorio - 71 - 71
    Ciman - 74 - 70
    Auro - 69 - 69
    Delgado - 67 - 68
    Deleon - 67 - 70
    Bono - 68 - 66
    I agree with most of this, I would drop Bradley down to a 75. Morrow at 71 is fair, Moor is a 73, Ciman 72, Auro. 70, Deleon 69. I would drop Boyd to a 65 from 67 and Bump Akinola way up to a 67.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We know that
    Well said
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will

I don't see anything controversial in your rationale here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as they're having fun out there, that's the main thing. Animated characters or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Bakero started yesterday & Phoenix Rising players seem to like him.

Local match report gave a couple of paragraphs about him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW, Bakero started yesterday & Phoenix Rising players seem to like him.

Local match report gave a couple of paragraphs about him.
    Thanks for posting this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alumni efforts get real

He's also setting up an inhouse mentoring system between Main team, TFCII & the academy.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 04-02-2019 at 12:50 PM.