Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,186 of 1186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Good finishers get minutes.

More importantly - his issue has been his workrate, specifically in training. Unlike Fraser & Shaffleberg, Hamilton didn't put in the effort to be on the same page.
    The problem is he rarely makes the run or (if I’m being more critical) sees the play well enough to get to the space where he can be in a position to finish. The finishing itself is actually pretty good.

Agreed he seems lazy. Vanney is the wrong coach for him too. Hamilton needs someone who is going to be in his face the second he’s not giving 110%. That coaching style works better on a bottom feeding team that needs scrappers.

Boat has sailed for TFC IMO. He’s now 23 going on 24, we have other good prospects along the front line coming up which should get priority for minutes. His path to a good career is either tearing a strip off USL1 or finding a meddling league in Europe, smashing it to pieces and starting to work his way up.

Or maybe (and it I sort of doubt it given they have Theo Blair) Dos Santos can do something with him in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i dont get the mullins signing at all,,over 200 k for a guy they didnt want to play in the playoffs.why cant they move on from these kinda of guys,,,he is not that much better than a ayo or perruzza
    i would of given that money to borges from the forge.
    Market for strikers is expensive. I find Mullins okay but his finishing is downright awful.

I think this is one of those situations where Vanney is a little too stubborn to trust a younger player. You put in Akinola or someone similar and short term maybe it’s slightly less end product than Mullins. But longer term, there’s a good chance the player gets better and we’re better off as a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The problem is he rarely makes the run or (if I’m being more critical) sees the play well enough to get to the space where he can be in a position to finish. The finishing itself is actually pretty good.

Agreed he seems lazy. Vanney is the wrong coach for him too. Hamilton needs someone who is going to be in his face the second he’s not giving 110%. That coaching style works better on a bottom feeding team that needs scrappers.

Boat has sailed for TFC IMO. He’s now 23 going on 24, we have other good prospects along the front line coming up which should get priority for minutes. His path to a good career is either tearing a strip off USL1 or finding a meddling league in Europe, smashing it to pieces and starting to work his way up.

Or maybe (and it I sort of doubt it given they have Theo Blair) Dos Santos can do something with him in Vancouver.
    This is pretty much exactly the take I have on Hamilton too. That late spring stretch where he played pretty much every game showed me why Vanney never trusted him. This season was his last chance with us and he didn't take it...hope a change of scenery helps him whether in Cbus or elsewhere

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC roster discussion is in this thread:
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...ter-discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 players picked in MLS Waiver Draft today. Re-Entry Draft is tomorrow.

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/cin...-orlando-2019/

So do all the players not picked just become free agents?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

So do all the players not picked just become free agents?
    Yes, although most likely they will end up in USL or in some lower league elsewhere, or out of soccer altogether.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ezequiel Barco is reportedly drawing interesting from Arsenal and Manchester United for a potential transfer move over the winter.

Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, and Valencia are also said to be interested in Barco.

Atlanta United signed the 20-year-old Barco for $16.5 million last season."

https://soccer.realgm.com/wiretap/83...Ezequiel-Barco

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta might be stoking the hype on Barco. Not to sell tickets as much as keeping people engaged with the team over a long layoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Atlanta might be stoking the hype on Barco. Not to sell tickets as much as keeping people engaged with the team over a long layoff.
    Yep, defo Atlanta's doing....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    "Ezequiel Barco is reportedly drawing interesting from Arsenal and Manchester United for a potential transfer move over the winter.

Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, and Valencia are also said to be interested in Barco.

Atlanta United signed the 20-year-old Barco for $16.5 million last season."

https://soccer.realgm.com/wiretap/83...Ezequiel-Barco
    To me, this looks like the second group of clubs are probably the one’s interested. The first group is simply mentioned to increase the bidding pressure on the others.

He’s not a proven enough asset to be in the 18 with either of those teams unless the plan is for an immediate loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    To me, this looks like the second group of clubs are probably the one’s interested. The first group is simply mentioned to increase the bidding pressure on the others.

He’s not a proven enough asset to be in the 18 with either of those teams unless the plan is for an immediate loan.
    The sale of Barco will be interesting.

He's the first high profile teenager bought via the european model (buy young player, increase value, sell for profit) Almiron was older and more experienced, Davies was homegrown.

Barco had (has) a lot of potential. His first first year wasn't great and he was only a little better in year 2 despite MLS.COM up-playing his value. But has his value increased? Probably not a whole a lot.

He was bought for 16.5 million.

If I block out all outside noise, don't listen to the "experts" and I'm evaluating Barco, I personally would value him at around 7 million. I think his real market value (and i'm just guessing) is around 10 million. I can't say for sure his value has declined but he hasn't really taken a significant leap forward.

If Atlanta United are patient and Barco has a breakthrough he could go up to any number really, 20+ 30+ (the sky is the limit he's 20) but if he shows no growth or even stagnates for a couple years his value will probably decline even further.
    Last edited by Defoe; 11-28-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Barco a Gio—-Vela—-Ibro even a Poz.————- my answer is a definite no.
    At Osario etc level—— definitely.
    Put your own value on him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was Atlanta I would try to get $8-10M from Sporting as they have a track record for development & good sales but I would fight for a 15-20% sell on clause.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is Barco worth even $7M? Based on what?

He has done nothing in a minor league. The guy was invisible in our game with them.

Lots of 19 year olds stall out.

It’s a market. Almiron worked, Barco didn’t.

They take whatever they can get ($2M is what the Argie halo is worth, I think, and you get more like 50% of sell on in these situations is my guess) and drive on.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-28-2019 at 06:27 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If I was Atlanta I would try to get $8-10M from Sporting as they have a track record for development & good sales but I would fight for a 15-20% sell on clause.
    I think that might be reasonable. The potential is still there although mostly unrealized.

He had an okay season but massively overhyped by the media covering this league. Wouldn’t pay more than half of what Bayern paid for Davies (although in retrospect that might have been a steal).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto