Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great goal and composure by Telfer for the first goal in the CPL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this is about the uber mucho better EPL, but the days of "just stick it in the mixer" might be over for a reason, even at MLS level. A good article about what has changed in the last 20 years. When I look at the last 2 champions & LAFC this season, I see systems. And when I see those 3 teams struggle, its when they can't implement a system of some sort & start relying upon an individual (see "give it to Bradley all the time")

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...74358?mode=amp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC’s development system looked pretty good on the CPL inaugural weekend...

for me Telfer, Welshman, Borjes, Aparacio looked very good and Bekker was marquis..though disappointed. I was expecting to see Quillian Roberts in goal for Forge..not sure why he didn’t play. You can see that the CPL will give a host of players who didn’t quite make it or didn’t quite get a chance at TFC and the other MLS clubs. It’s going top be a big improvement for soccer in Canada. The three MLS teams will have a big advantage picking up the players that emerge from this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    TFC’s development system looked pretty good on the CPL inaugural weekend...

for me Telfer, Welshman, Borjes, Aparacio looked very good and Bekker was marquis..though disappointed. I was expecting to see Quillian Roberts in goal for Forge..not sure why he didn’t play. You can see that the CPL will give a host of players who didn’t quite make it or didn’t quite get a chance at TFC and the other MLS clubs. It’s going top be a big improvement for soccer in Canada. The three MLS teams will have a big advantage picking up the players that emerge from this league.
    If the league produces more Mark Anthony Kayes (who had to go back to USL to gain development) then it will be a success.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sporting KC had to cancel training because they have so many injuries. The curse of the CCL affecting the regular season strikes again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomKCTV5/...01204553093120

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado manager says his team can't compete with Atlanta because of player salary spending.

Fired 2 days later. (He was crap & likely to be fired soon anyways).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dumpster fire in Vancouver continues with the club issuing a weak apology letter. They also, according to Twitter chatter, held a “presser” where they denied access to a handful of reporters who covered the incident.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anybody interested, Michael Leetch of 680News has published 2 Youtube videos of training ground interviews of Vanney

He's the same guy that did the youtube of the post Loons Jozy interview.

Here's his channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0...A6HKIsQH6Fp7kw

If he keeps this up, could make an alternative to the Pravda video edits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Colorado manager says his team can't compete with Atlanta because of player salary spending.

Fired 2 days later. (He was crap & likely to be fired soon anyways).
    TFC trivia time: Casey becomes the second former TFC player to become an MLS manager -Robbo was the first.

(Calling that guy a "TFC player" is a thin reed, I know)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A name to watch for in the future... 16 year old winger Jayden Nelsen of TFC II with a hat trick for the Canadian U17s in a 4-2 win over Guatemala at the CONCACAF U17 Championship.

He had an 8 minute cameo in TFC II's first game of the season earlier also... looked quite skilled on the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro needs a professionally done headshot for his Instagram profile photo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    A name to watch for in the future... 16 year old winger Jayden Nelsen of TFC II with a hat trick for the Canadian U17s in a 4-2 win over Guatemala at the CONCACAF U17 Championship.

He had an 8 minute cameo in TFC II's first game of the season earlier also... looked quite skilled on the ball.
    I've been trying to keep tabs on him too. He looks like a really good prospect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio made the MLS Audi Player Index (lol) team of the week.

Guess who was on the bench? Marky Delgado.

Thank you sweet prince Marky.

Edit: TFC loanee Telfer ranked second on this week’s CPL Volkswagen (aka Audi) Index.
    Last edited by stegosaurus; 05-06-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado's inclusion in the TOTW makes me think that we're missing something about his performances that the stats seem to be picking up and he's not as bad as some people think he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Delgado's inclusion in the TOTW makes me think that we're missing something about his performances that the stats seem to be picking up and he's not as bad as some people think he is.
    I’m pro-Marky, and think he’s a good MLS level player. He has had some bad games, makes mistakes at times, but I don’t think the way we’re playing now highlights his abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get how anyone could've watched our game and chosen Marky or even Osorio ahead of Mavinga for TOTW but ok.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I don't get how anyone could've watched our game and chosen Marky or even Osorio ahead of Mavinga for TOTW but ok.
    Agreed, but you and I both know TOTY and the Audi Index are stupid anyway

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wayne Rooney says the best free kick he has ever taken

was against us last year in DC

https://theathletic.com/966423/2019/05/07/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    I’m pro-Marky, and think he’s a good MLS level player. He has had some bad games, makes mistakes at times, but I don’t think the way we’re playing now highlights his abilities.
    I am with you on Delgado, I don’t understand why so many people on here slate him all the time. He keeps things simple, gets the ball quickly to the guys who you would want on the ball, covers a lot of ground and is more skillful than people give him credit for. I bet if you asked Bradley his opinion of Delgado he would rate him highly. Obviously the coach of the US men’s team must feel the same way or he would never have been called up into the squad and played minutes in the starting 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We often give our players a hard time for poor defending(and rightly so), but take a look if you have not seen it yet, the 4th goal that Liverpool scored off a quickly taken corner kick today. Although young Alexander-Arnold deserves a lot of credit for his quick thinking, the defending from Barcelona, one of the greatest teams in the world, was absolutely atrocious. These guys are getting paid infinitely more money than our boys yet should be thoroughly embarrassed with that type of defending.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    We often give our players a hard time for poor defending(and rightly so), but take a look if you have not seen it yet, the 4th goal that Liverpool scored off a quickly taken corner kick today. Although young Alexander-Arnold deserves a lot of credit for his quick thinking, the defending from Barcelona, one of the greatest teams in the world, was absolutely atrocious. These guys are getting paid infinitely more money than our boys yet should be thoroughly embarrassed with that type of defending.
    As a PSG fan their eliminations this year and last year almost made me feel better about the Remontada.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the DeLeon Red Hair thing is a cancer fundraiser

On the Liverpool quick corner thing - apparently they noticed this in analysis and told players to be watch & ready if need be. From what we've seen, we have one of the better analytics team in this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 3 MLS coaches fired this week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    The same was true of Hagglund, who would sometimes have six or seven aerial clearances and two or three tackles in a single game and get shit all over on the boards for one bad pass. He was highly rated in the audi index almost every time he played, which is probably what Cincy liked. He has been uneven there, but not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The same was true of Hagglund, who would sometimes have six or seven aerial clearances and two or three tackles in a single game and get shit all over on the boards for one bad pass. He was highly rated in the audi index almost every time he played, which is probably what Cincy liked. He has been uneven there, but not bad.
    I always thought Hagglund was relatively well regarded as a backup offering aerial ability but that his defending wasn’t exactly great, especially coming back from injury.

Kind of like Ciman, for whom actually defending is almost his worst footballing attribute... he looks bad doing what people think he’s supposed to be doing though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Hagglund was like watching Doniel without the handballs. He dropped down the pecking order in Cinci of late - that might change with the interim coach (youngest coach in MLS ever BTW - 29 years old)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo has been named to the US side for the upcoming U20 World Cup.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Needs the "THIS IS FINE" meme...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Good stuff, Ayo!