Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Wasn't it Curtis who hired Petke for New York? If true, then he could be Curtis' choice to replace Vanney.
    Was Petke the coach when Red Bulls attacked our players? Or was that Marsh?

the fact that Curtis hired him, if he did, would be very negative. If he fired him, then the other way around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Curtis fired Petke. So there is that. But Marsh had him fired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vela now with 38 goals and assists. He will break Seba's record with his next goal or assist.

With 10 games to go.

LAFC also likely to smash the MLS total points record (they are on a 78 point pace).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Vela now with 38 goals and assists. He will break Seba's record with his next goal or assist.

With 10 games to go.

LAFC also likely to smash the MLS total points record (they are on a 78 point pace).
    Was bound to happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Was bound to happen.
    Just another way of saying that I still see that ball looping over Bono, and Delgado' miss, in my sleep.....
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another way of saying that I still see that ball looping over Bono, and Delgado' miss, in my sleep.....
    The problem with this team in a nutshell.

I think the only guys who have gotten past that are Vasquez, Seba & Jozy - and I include the fans, all of us including me, on this. 2016 to that final has to die in people's heads. Its done. Its over. So is 2018. Time to focus on the next 15 of the next 90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With 10 games to go.

Great. Now they can go win championships league for MLS next year or they’re dead to me

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in the Cup final so no treble. And beatable at home with a scare against a decent East team yesterday.

When they win the cup, then we can talk about them being a great team.

When they do as well as we did in CCL 2018, then we can talk about all time.

If they keep it up for 2 seasons, then they, us & the Sounders can really can talk about legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not in the Cup final so no treble. And beatable at home with a scare against a decent East team yesterday.

When they win the cup, then we can talk about them being a great team.

When they do as well as we did in CCL 2018, then we can talk about all time.

If they keep it up for 2 seasons, then they, us & the Sounders can really can talk about legacy.
    I’m not concerned as it was always bound to happen at some point given restrictive roster rules and differences in management and approach.

The really dominant teams from early on in MLS probably feel the same way.

Until a team wins CCL there’s really nothing to talk about.

Vela is one of the top talents to ever come to MLS, but in the future there will be players better than him too. It doesn’t remove the performance of Seba or his achievements — he was the first. He’ll always have his own special chamber in my heart.

Vela isn’t your average player in terms of mentality and career decisions. That’s the only reason he’s here.

When MLS is a wise decision for world class players in their prime the first one to come will eclipse everyone else too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston just fired Wilmer Cabrera.

I don't know enough about how he approached his teams to know if he would be a viable candidate for us if we don't make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Club America and Atlanta. If we were in Liga MX (with the lack of financial constraints that come with) I'd commit to season tickets for the next 5 years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like St. Louis will finally be joining MLS.

https://twitter.com/stltoday/status/1161777897994096640
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta wins Campeones Cup. An Mls team finally beats a Mexican team in a finals. Still annoyed about Delgado s missed shot costing us the champions league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Atlanta winning this game where Toronto was totally outclassed last year by it’s Mexican opponent, moreover, the fans in Atlanta actually turned up, over 40000 in Atlanta for this one tonight , last year in Toronto barely what 18000 or so showed up. It might have been a made up cup but both teams came to play in Atlanta in a well played and pretty exciting game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Huge night for MLS tonight

Games like this don't mean anything, unless you lose...

A lot of talk earlier this year about MLS vs other top 15 leagues in the world in that that 11-15 range like Liga MX, Belgium league A etc. Liga MX is rightfully ahead of MLS, but it's now a legitimate competition. You generally don't know who is going to win.

MLS will have 28 teams by 2022 vs Liga mx with 18. MLS is making a real improvements and if they make further advancements in the next CBA, that could be another huge leap forward to being a top 10 league.

I respect LIGA Mx so to win this trophy is huge. If anything, it's respect... it makes winning this cup, MLS cup, and champions league an even bigger deal. The perception of MLS globally and in the continent is important.

Great game and win the biggest club in North America

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest scuttlebutt is

St. Louis announced Tuesday

Charlotte North Carolina within weeks

Sacremento by the end of the season

Betting now is Vegas for the 31st team as the guy who owns the NHL team there is the likely point man.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-16-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But... but... They said they're only going to 30 teams...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pro Rel of a sort within that 40

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver finally moving past the 80's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. What happens if Bruce Wilson wins the Sporting Director role?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All 4 One (TFC Pravda TV Edition) gives us 9 minutes of Ali Curtis

Of note:

"I didn't expect Sebastian to leave, for Victor to leave, for the VDW situation"
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-16-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just fire the guy already. What is wrong with their ownership group? It’s hard to believe any of these guys are actually successful outside of this club. They consistently show such poor judgement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I
    All 4 One (TFC Pravda TV Edition) gives us 9 minutes of Ali Curtis

Of note:

"I didn't expect Sebastian to leave, for Victor to leave, for the VDW situation"
    Just watched this. It severely pisses me off. All this “playing the victim” crap, Manning is crying this same song too.

The team decided to go into the final year of significant contracts with world footballers, who don’t act or think like North Americans do in other sports about playing out the final year, unless they are in severe decline. What Seba did, what VV did, is market practice and was predictable and was knowable.

Manning should have known it, Bez should have known it, and Curtis and anyone else interviewing for this job should have known it.

Everybody involved got caught with their pants around their ankles, but nobody is man enough to say they thought they didn’t need a belt.

Do your job.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-17-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I

Just watched this. It severely pisses me off. All this “playing the victim” crap, Manning is crying this same song too.

The team decided to go into the final year of significant contracts with world footballers, who don’t act or think like North Americans do in other sports about playing out the final year, unless they are in severe decline. What Seba did, what VV did, is market practice and was predictable and was knowable.

Manning should have known it, Bez should have known it, and Curtis and anyone else interviewing for this job should have known it.

Everybody involved got caught with their pants around their ankles, but nobody is man enough to say they thought they didn’t need a belt.

Do your job.
    It says more about how naive this front office is in terms of understanding how football contracts work overseas. Just because Bradley knows the North American mindset doesn’t mean players like Giovinco doesn’t. Vazquez on TAM money in hindsight was unsustainable and one big contract away from being poached.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I

Do your job.
    I don't always agree with Ensco but. Refuckingtweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga & his family involved in a car acciendent, luckily it seems like they're all okay:
    https://twitter.com/Chris_Mavinga/status/1163273145110990854

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I

Do your job.
    I'm telling you dude, as much as Vanney's choices can piss me off, he's not the poor coach we're seeing under this guy. I just smell "shirker" all over this dude. Very high on himself, very high on his own potential, very unwilling to take an iota of blame for basic common sense decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I'm telling you dude, as much as Vanney's choices can piss me off, he's not the poor coach we're seeing under this guy. I just smell "shirker" all over this dude. Very high on himself, very high on his own potential, very unwilling to take an iota of blame for basic common sense decisions.
    He may well be in a catch-22 here. Play the guys the GM brought in knowing full well they aren’t good enough or go against the GM and play the guys you feel give you the best opportunity to win, knowing that also puts your job at risk.

I only get more puzzled by this team as the season goes on but fully agree something isn’t right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want Harry Potter back.

Oh, and Tim Leiweke for a cup of coffee to secure our next Giovinco.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah

(FYI jloome has some history with this kind of read. He had Earl Cochrane pegged early, based solely on body language.)