Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 875
  1. #391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    893
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Crepeau >> Bono

  2. #392
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,001
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not sure about that as yet but i’m shocked how long it’s collectively taken North American coaches to pull their heads out of their asses and give this guy a chance.

    He was a very good youth keeper who suffered a bad injury and just needed playing time.

  3. #393
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Canada U17s play Costa Rica in 15 minutes at the U17 CONCACAF Championship, winner moves on and qualifies for the U17 World Cup. Canada hasn't been there since 2013 (when Jordan Hamilton was on the squad).

    There's a stream on CONCACAF Go but it's pay-per-view ($2).

    Canada starting XI includes Rohan Goulbourne, Ralph Priso-Mbongue, and Jayden Nelsen of TFC.
    Last edited by notthesun; 05-12-2019 at 09:04 AM.

  4. #394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Canada U17s play Costa Rica in 15 minutes at the U17 CONCACAF Championship, winner moves on and qualifies for the U17 World Cup. Canada hasn't been there since 2013 (when Jordan Hamilton was on the squad).

    There's a stream on CONCACAF Go but it's pay-per-view ($2).

    Canada starting XI includes Rohan Goulbourne, Ralph Priso-Mbongue, and Jayden Nelsen of TFC.
    If you’re watching, can you do a quick recap? I’m at the airport and out of town for a week or so but would like to hear how they played.

  5. #395
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    u17..1-1 70th min.nelson for canada

  6. #396
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    U17s win on penalties and qualify for the U17 World Cup after a 1-1 game vs Costa Rica!

    I couldn't watch unfortunately but followed the commentary, sounded like a crazy game. Canada scored a goal called back for offside, took the lead near halftime on Jayden Nelson's penalty (his 5th goal of the tournament), Costa Rica leveled with a penalty of their own right at the start of the 2nd half, Canada scored a free kick that was disallowed for a foul in the wall as it was taken, we hit the crossbar, we cleared a goal off the line, we hit the crossbar again in extra time... finally won on penalties. I'll have to wait for highlights.

  7. #397
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    U17s win on penalties and qualify for the U17 World Cup after a 1-1 game vs Costa Rica!

    I couldn't watch unfortunately but followed the commentary, sounded like a crazy game. Canada scored a goal called back for offside, took the lead near halftime on Jayden Nelson's penalty (his 5th goal of the tournament), Costa Rica leveled with a penalty of their own right at the start of the 2nd half, Canada scored a free kick that was disallowed for a foul in the wall as it was taken, we hit the crossbar, we cleared a goal off the line, we hit the crossbar again in extra time... finally won on penalties. I'll have to wait for highlights.
    Thanks, sounds good!

  8. #398
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    U17s win on penalties and qualify for the U17 World Cup after a 1-1 game vs Costa Rica!

    I couldn't watch unfortunately but followed the commentary, sounded like a crazy game. Canada scored a goal called back for offside, took the lead near halftime on Jayden Nelson's penalty (his 5th goal of the tournament), Costa Rica leveled with a penalty of their own right at the start of the 2nd half, Canada scored a free kick that was disallowed for a foul in the wall as it was taken, we hit the crossbar, we cleared a goal off the line, we hit the crossbar again in extra time... finally won on penalties. I'll have to wait for highlights.
    Some quick... very quick... highlights here:


  9. #399
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,001
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good job by the team. This is a really crucial step for players at this age in terms of exposure. The impact of occasionally missing these tournaments is huge, so good that we're back on the right side of things.

  10. #400
    RPB 2019 Banners/Membership Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    997
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No kidding about the very quick highlights. I jumped out of my chair when our keeper stopped the penalty.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal

  11. #401
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,651
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not specifically MLS but I could see this going on as a trial in USL and then MLS being willing to trial it here.

    Temporary concussion injury subs

    http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-so...ussion-problem

  12. #402
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not specifically MLS but I could see this going on as a trial in USL and then MLS being willing to trial it here.

    Temporary concussion injury subs

    http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-so...ussion-problem
    Maybe CPL with the focus on the new rule adoption too.

  13. #403
    RPB 2019 Banners/Membership Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    997
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Not specifically MLS but I could see this going on as a trial in USL and then MLS being willing to trial it here.

    Temporary concussion injury subs

    http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-so...ussion-problem
    Reminds me of this. MLS used to have a 4th substitution rule. I think they might put more words around it this time to avoid something like this.

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2013/...ing-10-seconds
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal

  14. #404
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,436
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Reminds me of this. MLS used to have a 4th substitution rule. I think they might put more words around it this time to avoid something like this.

    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2013/...ing-10-seconds
    But why would the player subbed out (Howard), be allowed to go back in? That doesn't make sense.

  15. #405
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,651
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bruce Arena is now the uber boss of NER.

  16. #406
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bruce Arena is now the uber boss of NER.
    Wow very interesting. Although Arena was not always successful in MLS, and he is certainly a representative of older MLS eras, this has to mean something. He's going to at least attempt to be good, and he must have some commitment from the team that they'll spend a bit. At 67, Arena doesn't need this job, and I guess he wouldn't do it if he didn't see any chance of success.

  17. #407
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    14,651
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Part of me thinks Arena wants to do this because he sees his legacy as tainted by the last USMNT debacle. His last tenure with LAG ended with him looking disinterersted - he has an open disdain for analytics & never really understood load management. It also remains to be seen if he can coach a team playing on turf - people forget he went 16-16-10 with NYRB before they fired him.

  18. #408
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    But why would the player subbed out (Howard), be allowed to go back in? That doesn't make sense.
    goalkeeper Tim Howard and midfielder Mark Lisi swapped positions on the field. Tim Howard wasn't actually substituted off.

  19. #409
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Incoming Tsubasa Endoh acting like a dickhead stuff.

  20. #410
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Incoming Tsubasa Endoh acting like a dickhead stuff.
    Our very own Anthony Martial...

  21. #411
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,436
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Incoming Tsubasa Endoh acting like a dickhead stuff.
    What happened?

  22. #412
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    What happened?
    Tsubasa tried to get bum fun from a lady in Salt Lake City on Tinder

  23. #413
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Tsubasa tried to get bum fun from a lady in Salt Lake City on Tinder
    Girl: How tall are you?
    Endoh: 6’.
    Girl: Cool! That’s my minimum height for a guy.
    Endoh: Wait until you see my MLS minimum salary...
    Girl: Tall AND rich?
    Endoh: Uhh... yeah, of course. Wanna see a pic?
    Girl: Sure!
    Endoh: *Sends photo ripped from Simonin’s Instagram*
    Girl: Wow!
    Endoh: Anal sex?
    —TRANSMISSION ENDED—

  24. #414
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgetown
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ehhh quite easy to set up a fake account on that. Will wait for further info.

    Seems like there was a lot missing in that convo. Not defending, but not jumping to conclusions
    Goalie Coach for Georgetown SC. Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)

  25. #415
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Girl: How tall are you?
    Endoh: 6’.
    Girl: Cool! That’s my minimum height for a guy.
    Endoh: Wait until you see my MLS minimum salary...
    Girl: Tall AND rich?
    Endoh: Uhh... yeah, of course. Wanna see a pic?
    Girl: Sure!
    Endoh: *Sends photo ripped from Simonin’s Instagram*
    Girl: Wow!
    Endoh: Anal sex?
    —TRANSMISSION ENDED—
    Oh my fucking God

    T r a n s m i s s i o n
    E n d e d

  26. #416
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Ehhh quite easy to set up a fake account on that. Will wait for further info.

    Seems like there was a lot missing in that convo. Not defending, but not jumping to conclusions
    Imagine faking a bizarre conversation surrounding anal sex in the very state that invented the poophole loophole and involving an MLS player who doesn’t even play and is basically anonymous.

    If they were making it up, you’d probably choose a spicier character than Tsubasa Endoh.

    Though I guess he seems pretty spicy now.

  27. #417
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Top of 115
    Posts
    3,582
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    Ehhh quite easy to set up a fake account on that. Will wait for further info.

    Seems like there was a lot missing in that convo. Not defending, but not jumping to conclusions
    Agreed, and if the locational data on the pictures are correct, the user would have been located in Cincinnati Ohio or there about... 1673 miles from salt lake? Toronto is 1895 miles from salt lake, by way the car drives.

    We we will see how this all rolls out. If it is in fact TE, I can see him out the door before the weekend.

  28. #418
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Agreed, and if the locational data on the pictures are correct, the user would have been located in Cincinnati Ohio or there about... 1673 miles from salt lake? Toronto is 1895 miles from salt lake, by way the car drives.

    We we will see how this all rolls out. If it is in fact TE, I can see him out the door before the weekend.
    No.

    Twitter strips EXIF from photos, and the photos were originally posted on Twitter.

  29. #419
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Top of 115
    Posts
    3,582
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    No.

    Twitter strips EXIF from photos, and the photos were originally posted on Twitter.
    Although, who uses the same Image from your twitter profile as your tinder profile image. Either or, the actions of the user TE or not are wrong, disrespectful..

    if the EXIF has been eliminated how is the miles away being calculated that shows up on the users page?

    Last edited by Carter; 05-14-2019 at 09:12 PM.

  30. #420
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    ok, so the “miles away” in the screen shot is incorrect?

    Yes? Tinder is notorious for bad distance calculations and doesn’t calculate distances based on car driving.

    If anything, that makes it even more obvious that he was in Toronto while doing it lol.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •