Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big mistake was not Tata with a multi-year contract and paying him more than they can get elsewhere. The CAP and transfer system really screw with stability. That being said I wouldn’t write off Pity Martinez just yet - two games do not a season make. Could be issues with DeBoer already... I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see him gone after 10 games...losing the locker room etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    You sound like the Atlanta supporters on Twitter today. Lol.
    Hang MLS Champions banner and boo your team the same day! MLS is basically Real Madrid now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    The big mistake was not Tata with a multi-year contract and paying him more than they can get elsewhere. The CAP and transfer system really screw with stability. That being said I wouldn’t write off Pity Martinez just yet - two games do not a season make. Could be issues with DeBoer already... I wouldn’t be entirely surprised to see him gone after 10 games...losing the locker room etc.
    The big mistake was assuming any sort of logic transfers to MLS signings, seasons or performance.

The “transfer system” is the same as anywhere else with minor changes like league approval, and you can’t treat MLS like other leagues in terms of the cap because it’s a franchise model and works on the basis of its similarity to other North American leagues.

No one is writing off the South American player of the year playing for the “best” MLS team of all time (yet). Just that signing a bunch of South Americans (even if they’re the best of that specific year) doesn’t guarantee you performance.

Atlanta supporters are pretty much the worst so it’s hilarious to watch them get butthurt over something any Year 1 TFC supporter can laugh about.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I heard ESPN talk about how Darren Eales almost picked DeBoer for Tottenham, I finally figured out why this baffling move was made.
    It's not quite Ryan Nelsen level wtfery but the choice being made because of the EPL old boys network is funny to watch.

Atlanta was constituted as a run & gun offensive team. Changing it to a possession team overnight because of the manager choice is a bad idea.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-11-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeBoer’s past few coaching jobs have been a mess why someone would think that he would do better in the MLS is puzzling. It’s still early mind you but with his past record in his past few coaching gigs in other leagues this is not looking good . In regards to Pity I think it’s way to early to write him off, a guy who was just last season voted the South American player of the year has to have some quality and I would think he will start showing his quality soon, but DeBoer with his past coaching history might be concerning even this early into his MLS coaching career.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 03-11-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn’t have to be an expert to know DeBoer was going to be a failure. I really don’t understand why they didn’t find a manger that was going to carry on from their previous success instead of going fir a Dutchman looking to completely overhaul their playing style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing Atlanta to TFC last year

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-u...Ha3K/amp.html?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s the post on number of players over the max budget charge:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...how_many_over/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Here’s the post on number of players over the max budget charge:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...how_many_over/
    TFC definitely has room for 2-3 more TAM players looking at that graph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley and Osorio called up to the US and Canadian national teams for March matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund making Team of the Week - I didn't watch the game but is he getting back to 2017 Nick instead of 2018 Nick?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...es-pack-week-2
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny and worth watching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone watch the Northern Touch documentary on TSN last night? I missed it, but am looking for an online streaming version of it somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Did anyone watch the Northern Touch documentary on TSN last night? I missed it, but am looking for an online streaming version of it somewhere.
    It's on the TSN site but you need a cable login for it https://www.tsn.ca/engraved/video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting the link, couldn't find it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post

Thanks for posting! I had a bad day at work; now my sides just hurt from laughing so hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Hagglund making Team of the Week - I didn't watch the game but is he getting back to 2017 Nick instead of 2018 Nick?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...es-pack-week-2
    I didn't see the game, but I assumed they were just throwing Cincy a bone on that one.

But hey, I hope he does well for them and gets himself back to a good place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund was good that game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was torn between loving this and thinking it was gratuitously cruel.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should just keep that statue and toss a Lalas jersey on it since it looks just like him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    David looks pissed even though he was trying to be polite. When he asked Chris Klein about what he thought I thought "Dave" was going to loose it or as James thought he was just going to get up and leave.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was definitely quite painful for parts, the first time I watched up. But in the end, I think it really shows Beckham to be an incredibly classy guy, especially for someone of his stature. He must have been fine to have it shown; he probably loves a good prank, at least afterwards.

And if I were James Corden (or Chris Klein), I would really watch my back. For a couple of years at least.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It was definitely quite painful for parts, the first time I watched up. But in the end, I think it really shows Beckham to be an incredibly classy guy, especially for someone of his stature. He must have been fine to have it shown; he probably loves a good prank, at least afterwards.

And if I were James Corden (or Chris Klein), I would really watch my back. For a couple of years at least.
    Becks is cool with it, at least what he says on social media.
    It really was a good joke
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

hes always up for a good joke I think. his prank on Ellen from a few years ago that they pulled on a masseuse is classic. Totally takes the piss out of his persona. I break up every time i hear "No fums"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Becks is cool with it, at least what he says on social media.
    It really was a good joke
    Yeah, you could tell he was totally into it after the reveal. He has a good sense of humour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Yeah - the big difference is that we were incredible in the Concacaf CL. We were beating the best Mexican teams while putting out our B team for the most part in MLS. Atlanta have come out of the gate flat on both fronts & are a long way behind TFC 2018.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah, you could tell he was totally into it after the reveal. He has a good sense of humour.
    He handled himself like a champ, during and after, sure. But how do we know what he thought, he was put in a tough spot, on camera, throughout.

I watched it again. My opinion of Corden has gone down. A really great prank or practical joke isn’t mean spirited and has a gotcha or surprise that is funny for all.

This just seemed really over the top.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He handled himself like a champ, during and after, sure. But how do we know what he thought, he was put in a tough spot, on camera, throughout.

I watched it again. My opinion of Corden has gone down. A really great prank or practical joke isn’t mean spirited and has a gotcha or surprise that is funny for all.

This just seemed really over the top.
    I didn't really get impression, probably because it was so absurd in the end. And he's actually friends with Corden; if it had been done to a stranger then it might be mean.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss CraigyFerg.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paunovic has no idea what he is doing in Chicago. Starts Hassler at RB who roundly gets run over through thirty minutes, makes first half sub for Edwards. Midfield has no shape.

Despite that, they have some decent pieces. Far from a complete team though.