Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you guys think of the FIFA International tournaments affecting Toronto FC?

Do the FIFA international tournaments, affect Toronto FC in a negative fashion or way, what do you guys think? I think that we are very multi cultural in this country, and that when in for example in Mississauga, we play, there is alot of european, as in the EURO and World Cup, a game that goes on, and it may affect us and our club to a certain extent. What do you guys think. I think that the answer lays in Johnathon Osario, because hes from Brampton, and he might know how it does, or doesnt.

Sincerely,

Jacob Pawluk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't exactly understand the question.

Don't see how it affects TFC.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I’m not quite sure I understand.

As a team, the only way it affects us is if our players get to the latter stages of a competition with their national team causing us to lose a couple players for a couple weeks.

As individual fans, they try to schedule games so they don’t clash with fixtures during the euros/WC so not to hit attendance too much. I know I didn’t miss any TFC games due to the WC this year.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m confused what are you asking ��.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a general Club vs Country question.

It affects TFC. More positively than negatively IMO but there are other opinions.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the FIFA World Cup and Euro area big deal to Toronto FC because when they go on, a lot of people may mis direct they're attention from Toronto FC to the other tournaments, on the contrary though, thats what makes Toronto FC the most multicultural city and club in the world. Any other thoughts or opinions...