Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, since I was living overseas away for many years, I discontinued my season tix and RPB membership dues. Since I came back 2 years ago I've been working nights and weekends so it didn't make sense to rejoin.
    Now I'm ready to travel again, but I still work weekends, so this will be a rare treat for me to do this Panama thing. I'm happy to pay the RPB fee and get back into the fold, even if it means for only this trip. But I've already booked my flights and hotels, so if any of you are actually coming it'll be interesting to see if we can actually meet up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You can't find it because you are not a member of the Red Patch Boys, and it's in the section for members only. To join, you need to pay membership dues ($25 has been the cost the last several years) and go through a brief interview process to see if you agree with our aims and our charter. Information is here, probably will be updated soon for 2019: http://redpatchboys.ca/membership/

Member dues pay for this message board and for our TIFOs and other displays. We organize group away trips open to members only.
    Well, since I was living overseas away for many years, I discontinued my season tix and RPB membership dues. Since I came back 2 years ago I've been working nights and weekends so it didn't make sense to rejoin.
    Now I'm ready to travel again, but I still work weekends, so this will be a rare treat for me to do this Panama thing. I'm happy to pay the RPB fee and get back into the fold, even if it means for only this trip. But I've already booked my flights and hotels, so if any of you are actually coming it'll be interesting to see if we can actually meet up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RicoSuave44 View Post
    Flight and hotel booked as well; 18 - 25. I am looking to attend the match with my friend from Toronto who now lives there. I'm happy to contribute as well and hope that we can organize a group for those attending. My friend is actively searching there for tickets but much of the information he's received is the same. I will update with any changes.

John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got word that tickets are now on sale...

Right now we’re not sure about away seating, so if anyone knows or has an idea of where within the stadium we should be purchasing our tickets, please pass it on...

Much thanks,

John
    Last edited by TheRenter; 02-02-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Altidore is probably a no go for this game, right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Correct. According to previous quotes by Vanney, he'll be ready by 1st or 2nd week of MLS season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say so based on Greg’s recent comments.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect to continue to hear this throughout yet another season as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who would be striker? Hamilton? Bakero?

I'm thinking we should go a 4-5-1, or even a 5-4-1, and just hope not to concede.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who would be striker? Hamilton? Bakero?

I'm thinking we should go a 4-5-1, or even a 5-4-1, and just hope not to concede.

This lineup is going to get pretty embarrassing... I can't believe this is out best XI

-------------------Bono
    Auro Moor Mavinga Ciman Morrow
    ---Delgado Bradley Chapman
    -----------Osorio Hamilton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got off the phone with front office. For those travelling, here's the contact for tickets:

Mariela
    administration@caipty.com

If anyone on the board has knowledge, can someone kindly report on what the numbers currently look like for away support travelling to Panama for this one?!

Please and thank you,

John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    -------------------Bono
    Auro Moor Mavinga Ciman Morrow
    ---Delgado Bradley Chapman
    -----------Osorio Hamilton
    I think Osorio takes Chapman's spot and Boyd would take Osorio's spot at Fwd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say this but I don't expect Toronto in the shape it is now to make it past this round. They should. They had better. I just don't expect it.

If they do and it isn't at least a 4 goal difference or a 2 goal difference without a goal against. I don't have high hopes for the next round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I hate to say this but I don't expect Toronto in the shape it is now to make it past this round. They should. They had better. I just don't expect it.

If they do and it isn't at least a 4 goal difference or a 2 goal difference without a goal against. I don't have high hopes for the next round.
    will be interesting for sure. Kristian jack ran some numbers and without Seba on the field we didn't score much. will be interesting to see where/if the goals come from.

Such a strange pre-season. I'm sure the Panamaniacs will be geared up for this game. Not sure how geared up our lads will be. It would be nice to get some content out of the pre-season training and games but there is nothing. Did they fire that Eric Giocometti guy? that was his job I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think Osorio takes Chapman's spot and Boyd would take Osorio's spot at Fwd.
    I've been thinking ... maybe Oso is the new VV. Maybe he's learned enough and is mature enough now to just sort of sit in that spot and spray passes around, but then get forward in good situations. Sort of like a combo of how he was last year and how he used to be a couple of years ago.

Could he be a total replacement for VV? It's an interesting thought.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to temper our expectations a bit more:

The one article in today's News thread mentions that Osorio only started training this Tuesday, after his sports hernia operation last fall.

Also today's Toronto Sun article states that Terrence Boyd is not in full training yet, after arriving with the team.

Our first game is in nine days, in Panama, with a long flight before & after, and probably not the best surface. It remains to be seen, which players make that trip, and which players can start or play a full ninety.

A week later they're at BMO Field, the weather will probably be crappy, so again the availability or minutes of any players that aren't fully fit may be limited.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mentioned above by ensco, the thread title is confusing. Club Atletico Independiente is generally considered to be the Argentinian team.

The guys we are playing are generally called Independiente F.C. or CAI for short; full name Club Atletico Independiente de la Chorrera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just to temper our expectations a bit more:

The one article in today's News thread mentions that Osorio only started training this Tuesday, after his sports hernia operation last fall.

Also today's Toronto Sun article states that Terrence Boyd is not in full training yet, after arriving with the team.

Our first game is in nine days, in Panama, with a long flight before & after, and probably not the best surface. It remains to be seen, which players make that trip, and which players can start or play a full ninety.

A week later they're at BMO Field, the weather will probably be crappy, so again the availability or minutes of any players that aren't fully fit may be limited.
    But Boyd has been playing all season in Germany so far, right? I expect him to be ready to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Boyd has been playing all season in Germany so far, right? I expect him to be ready to go.
    Fingers crossed... It just worried me a bit when Vanney said he's not yet in full training.

I checked the Darmstadt lineups for this season (since August). Boyd hasn't been in the Darmstadt lineup at all since the start of 2019. Before that he would have been training at least. He was mostly a late-game sub, or unused sub, in the games during this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More info about Boyd's training status, and input from Bradley on Boyd... Sounds fine:

https://nationalpost.com/sports/socc...hit-the-pitch/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    More info about Boyd's training status, and input from Bradley on Boyd... Sounds fine:

https://nationalpost.com/sports/socc...hit-the-pitch/
    Yeah, I say he plays on the 19th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike us with Bradley & Delgado, Independiente held back its national team members from the recent training camp. They are taking this one seriously.

Given our current lack of proven offensive weapons (no Jozy, Osorio just coming back), I would call us underdogs for this game - an away goal 2-1 loss would be a good result.

The meltdown in here is going to be epic. Expectations are waaaay too high both within the league and the TFC fanbase. IF the defence can settle, we should be good enough to get back home with a fighting chance. But I think we are as likely to bow out at this stage as move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely we will have a signing in the next couple of days. They have had weeks for VV now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely, Vanney will be trimming his roster in the very near future: like just before or right after tomorrow night's pre-season game.
    Any idea where the first team goes after that game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Surely, Vanney will be trimming his roster in the very near future: like just before or right after tomorrow night's pre-season game.
    Any idea where the first team goes after that game?
    They'll probably be back in Toronto until they need to head down to Panama.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess we are looking at something like:

—————————-Boyd—————————-——
    ————-Deleon——-Osorio——-Chapman——
    ————Bradley——————-Delgado————-—
    ———Morrow—-Ciman—-Mavinga——Auro

I suppose Hamilton might start instead of Boyd. No idea really on that.

Your best XI might include Moor over Chapman and you could that in a 3-5-2 but then Oso would be playing striker
    Last edited by ensco; 02-11-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking:

----------------Boyd---------------
    Morrow-----Osorio----------Auro
    --------Bradley-----Delgado-------
    Mavinga----Ciman----Moor---Deleon
    ---------------Bono--------------

EDIT:

Just remembered that Oso might not be ready for this game after his off-season surgery, so maybe slide Chapman into his spot.
    Last edited by James17930; 02-12-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, how is BMO field going to be ready to play on if the temperature remains as is for the next few weeks? I know it is heated but it's going to be a shit show to play on. Remember last year's CCL games? The grass was torn up and eventually replaced, as was planned. Correct me if I am wrong was the grass not replaced after the season ended in 2018? Hybrid grass/turf mixture now? If so, what is plan B if the new grass gets ruined again? Can they play off site if need be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Seriously, how is BMO field going to be ready to play on if the temperature remains as is for the next few weeks? I know it is heated but it's going to be a shit show to play on. Remember last year's CCL games? The grass was torn up and eventually replaced, as was planned. Correct me if I am wrong was the grass not replaced after the season ended in 2018? Hybrid grass/turf mixture now? If so, what is plan B if the new grass gets ruined again? Can they play off site if need be?
    It's been replaced but not hybridized yet (that will happen in the spring).

It's been under the tarp all winter with the lights, so hopefully it will be be okay.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    No idea how they are going to pull this off. With the number of people likely to show up, they should just play in the bubble at Downsview