Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I've been thinking ... maybe Oso is the new VV. Maybe he's learned enough and is mature enough now to just sort of sit in that spot and spray passes around, but then get forward in good situations. Sort of like a combo of how he was last year and how he used to be a couple of years ago.

Could he be a total replacement for VV? It's an interesting thought.
    never thought about this, very interesting

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso doesnt have the vision for an AM. He's a solid box to box midfielder with late runs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgive me if I overlooked it on previous pages but is this game being broadcast at all? Concacaf stream? Anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Forgive me if I overlooked it on previous pages but is this game being broadcast at all? Concacaf stream? Anything.
    TSN4 8 pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TSN4 8 pm
    Thank you kind sir!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone remember that site that streamed these last year and you could watch them on demand?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Anyone remember that site that streamed these last year and you could watch them on demand?
    It was on go90.com but that has since gone under and doesn't exist anymore. This year it is being broadcast on Yahoo Sports. I have never watched anything on Yahoo Sports so not sure how that is and if there is any on demand function. Also, needed a VPN last year to get the stream to work too. Not sure if the same for this as well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/conc...mpions-league/

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    It was on go90.com but that has since gone under and doesn't exist anymore. This year it is being broadcast on Yahoo Sports. I have never watched anything on Yahoo Sports so not sure how that is and if there is any on demand function. Also, needed a VPN last year to get the stream to work too. Not sure if the same for this as well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/conc...mpions-league/
    Conxacafgo.com will have it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing I can say about this match, is at least we will have an MLS 2.0 lineup not a TFC 2012 MLS 1.0 line up, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its Sunday which means its game week, first one of the year! Come on you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really looking forward to getting the season going and actually having a product on the field to judge rather than questioning and overthinking the rumour mill that has been in full operation this off season. each year there is a bit more excitement over the ccl, lots of sport minded folks i talk to are talking about ccl. ppl are paying more attention to what tfc is doing(or not doing) the average sport fan took notice last year after that amazing match in Guadalajara. i predict a nil - nil in leg one as we have a strong defensive line up. we may catch a break with an oso goal or a set piece but double zeros wont be the worst either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team flew out today.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by motorheadfc View Post
    really looking forward to getting the season going and actually having a product on the field to judge rather than questioning and overthinking the rumour mill that has been in full operation this off season. each year there is a bit more excitement over the ccl, lots of sport minded folks i talk to are talking about ccl. ppl are paying more attention to what tfc is doing(or not doing) the average sport fan took notice last year after that amazing match in Guadalajara. i predict a nil - nil in leg one as we have a strong defensive line up. we may catch a break with an oso goal or a set piece but double zeros wont be the worst either.
    I'd say the reverse. Win away in the sun. The home league will be slow as hell. Bunker down in the Bunker.

Cannot fn wait!

Looks like Indipendiente is having a great start to their regular season. 3-1-0 no losses. Second in their table.

http://lpf.com.pa/
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-17-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN 4 is showing as carrying the game.

8:00 PM 2019 CONCACAF Champions League: Independiente FC vs. Toronto FC - Leg #1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team flew out today.

Any word on who travelled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN will be carrying alot more MLS games this year & even more next year, as they lost the rights to Premier League,(and Champions League already gone this year)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team flew out today.
    Will be interesting to see if any TFC2/academy kds have made the trek as Vanney suggested?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am excited to see TFC’s first match. I find it interesting how little the club has done to get anyone excited about the preseason or the CCL tie starting this week. I went back and looked and only counted 5 preseason updates from TFC. I used to enjoy watching the streams of those preseason games to get me primed. I guess those days are gone. Hope they do well in Panama and everyone gets back safe without any injuries from preseason rust or poor game conditions in Panama.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I am excited to see TFC’s first match. I find it interesting how little the club has done to get anyone excited about the preseason or the CCL tie starting this week. I went back and looked and only counted 5 preseason updates from TFC. I used to enjoy watching the streams of those preseason games to get me primed. I guess those days are gone. Hope they do well in Panama and everyone gets back safe without any injuries from preseason rust or poor game conditions in Panama.
    I think they've decided to batten down the hatches, and to wait for some player transactions before making any big announcements. In the meantime, I bet they're having the existing players focus inward & on each other, with an "us against the world" mentality against low expectations from the outside. It's frustrating for the supporters, I agree: I also loved those pre-season matches & updates in previous years. But it's probably the best strategy for now. Perhaps some of the new & returning players can really step up & surprise us in the meantime, like Ciman, Osorio, Delgado, DeLeon, Fraser, Boyd, etc...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few tidbits here. I hadn’t realized this game is on plastic. Great.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...n-los-vikingos
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Altidore still out with injury?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think they've decided to batten down the hatches, and to wait for some player transactions before making any big announcements. In the meantime, I bet they're having the existing players focus inward & on each other, with an "us against the world" mentality against low expectations from the outside. It's frustrating for the supporters, I agree: I also loved those pre-season matches & updates in previous years. But it's probably the best strategy for now. Perhaps some of the new & returning players can really step up & surprise us in the meantime, like Ciman, Osorio, Delgado, DeLeon, Fraser, Boyd, etc...
    I'm worried that they are really thinking that the season begins in late March and that Panama tie and the Chicago games are the formal pre-season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Is Altidore still out with injury?
    On Feb 9th, they said he's about two weeks away from participating in full workouts. At one point they said they expect him to be able to play by the MLS season opener; maybe even a sub appearance on the Feb. 26th CCL return leg, but I think that's doubtful considering the weather. It will all depend on how Altidore reacts to heavier training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Journalists seem asleep at the wheel. We should at least know who didn’t travel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like dorsey and shattenburg made the trip ,what ever that means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very curious how they will look to open up this season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    looks like dorsey and shattenburg made the trip ,what ever that means.
    I would would fully expect Dorsey to make the trip as he is a first team player. Vanney has mentioned Shattenburg being a possibility for the match. Now if you watch the TFC Ingram story currently up, there is a player I don't recognize right at the start sitting bedside a standing CPS.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video out today from Panama - only player expected I don't see is Mavinga.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video out today from Panama - only player expected I don't see is Mavinga.

Saw him in another video, still don't know who that is right at the start of the video on Ingtrgram. Anyone have a clue. Figure it's a TFC2 callup. Has anyone heard about any of the other draft picks, are they destined for TFC2 USL deals. I wonder if Ritchie Lariyia is still in the mix?