Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxul View Post
    We went from being one or two penalties from winning the whole thing to losing 4-0 to a side who finished second last in the Panamean league... You cannot allow that kind of drop to happen as a professional club.

We have have and will, and it seems the team will get away with it ...for now , we’re expected to wait patiently , accept seat increases , no fan snack deals (see Atlanta and Seattle) and be taken for granted , but as fast we became popular we can lose it all just as easily . The suits have NO IDEA , or they would have never hired Manning . Now I’m afraid of this mediocre mgmt team panicking and buying bandaids to save face . We had Seba last year and still leaked like sieve . And lost .....Again Poluezo cannot prepare or coach this team . Vanney will force him to change instead of Vanney adapting . Why does everyone being dissed by the team look like they have a point ?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    You know what's really bothered me right now? They had Schaffelburg, the rookie, come out to talk to the media. That, RIGHT THERE, reminds me of 2009 last game of the season versus Red Bulls and sending Sam Cronin out to talk to the media afterwards. This is a total failure of leadership from Michael Bradley and Greg Vanney, right from the planning through the post game. I get the feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better. Someone needs to make a TIFO for next week to show what we think. Something along the lines of an empty south end with a banner saying "We'll show up when you do."
    schaffelburg was the only one who showed up for the game so maybe appropriate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently which TFC is worse; our current team or Mo Johnston era?? they look pretty identical to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barely 14 months after we won the league this club has completely unravelled. It's quite astonishing to witness.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How happy was vdW to be sitting in a bar back in Toronto tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    DUDE Gio was a good player but when it came to spot kicks look it up... the guy was an epic fail
    Yah. Check the stats on that before you post ignorant things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Barely 14 months after we won the league this club has completely unravelled. It's quite astonishing to witness.
    Yup. Possibly the fastest regression I have ever seen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The execution of the formation looked really poor.

For one, we didn't seem to pay them any respect defensively as the gaps between the backline and the forwards was huge. 2019 Bradley ain't what he used to be and he looked like a lost cause out there trying to be a one man midfield while whoever else was supposed to be playing off him looked to be a million miles away.

And pretty much everyone attack wise looked awful. Exception being Akinola who maybe had something small to offer and Osorio who looked like he needs some better players around him to look like the 2018 version of himself.

Last year Akinola sscared people on the pitch and shared up the opposition but Vanney being Vanney cannot deal with adlibed talent with speed . He likes control . And I fear Akinola will go the way of Edwards . A coach with passion and nurturing ability could make some of these prospects exciting . Instead we get confused robots . That is not the beauty of football .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    I am not surprised. The intrinsic value of great team players is how they elevate the game of less talented team mates....Crosby a good example,. Seba and VV, great examples. The imagination, touch, creativity, smarts are gone from this team. Poor Altidore, he will be under so much pressure to do it alone, I bet he leaves asap.
    I am not going to pick on Osorio, for he came through last season, but he is a player whose confidence can quickly be shattered, and if he has more games like this one, I doubt he will ever score 17 goals again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boozilla View Post
    Are Season Tickets refundable?
    The day Gio left tfc offered 50% of your money back.
    Not sure now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    How happy was vdW to be sitting in a bar back in Toronto tonight?
    Or naked on a bed with that wife of his...what torture.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m so happy I enjoyed the heck out of 2017.....we are not passing that way again for a long, long time...I’ve learned to appreciate the rarity of those magical type of seasons in Toronto, as outside of 92/93 (incl. Leafs 93-94), and 2015-2017 (TFC/Jays), in this city it’s been pretty miserable most years in terms of fun teams to rally around with a legitimate shot at a championship......I’ll still go with my daughter to games as a bonding exercise (if she doesn’t bail on me - ha ha ha), as we have done before the glory TFC seasons, but my expectations of us being a legitimate contender for anything are long gone at this point until the next 3 DP era takes place (and I’m a Bradley fan but at anything above a TAM salary he simply is not worth that DP slot based on his performance going forward beyond this year).....

(On a side note - will more GTA folks start to migrate to CanPL sides like Forge FC and York 9 if this thing keeps deteriorating?!.....I was for sure going to see TFC on April 27th, now I’m thinking it’s going to be more fun going to the first CanPL game in Hamilton that afternoon....)......
    Last edited by tfcfans; 02-19-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Should have paid Giovinco. Will lose more money in ticket sales and now probably not advancing as much. As well as helps TV numbers, which in turn is a profit. People leaving bars now. Bars making less money.
    Sebastian leaving is like GM leaving Oshawa. Affects alot of people. Ok ok ok. That's a far a stretch. But I'm in disbelief
    You were correct until the GM part.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Its Gone - It might return tomorrow - but...Tonight...Its all Just..GONE

I remember 2016 & 2017 when our defence was good - Moor, Bradley, Mavinga + Bono confident or Irwin commanding the zone.

Its gone.

Like others on here, I am beginning to think this team didn't learn the right lessons from last season. The attacking portion of the midfield and the attacking line is still an MLS playoff quality team - what we saw tonight is a really really bad preseason version of what a lot of MLS teams are going to look like in the next couple of weeks.

But our defence is bad with little to no hope of it changing.

Before this game started, I thought we had an MLS playoff quality team. OK, I was worried about Auro on the right. But, everything I saw in Ciman & Mavinga last year and Moor when he was with us indicated to me that the bad defence would not repeat itself

I was wrong.

As people know on here, I have been supportive of the changes to this team and of the management. I still think our current coach & manager area step above most in this league. BUT, I think tonight shows that the team has not learned from 2018 & thus have pooched away another year.

I am resigned to once again, like in the days before 2014, be supporting a team that will not make the playoffs not matter how much it is discussed.

Everything we saw tonight was what we saw during the season last year. This isn't rust - its what these people are. And, that..that...is just sad.

Other thoughts.

What we have that can make the 4-3-3 work

• a couple of decent LBs
    • a decent CB
    • a couple of good box to box midfielders
    • a decent DM
    • 3 decent enough central forwards

To make the 4-3-3 work, we would need
    • a faster partner with better positional sense to go with Mavinga
    • two wingers who can cross, score and play defence
    • an AM
    • a RB who can play defence
    • a goalie who commands his area

We bet on Ciman & Auro & Bono. Tonight, they failed, as did everybody else around them not a youth project or named Osorio.

I look forward to watching my team. But, hope for this season? Gone. I fully expect every game to be a struggle, to not trust in that backline ever, to see some goals scored by our guys through hard work & graft. I also think we will figure out a way to win the Voyageurs. But....success? Like, even 2015 level success? Nope.

All in all....I'm just so

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet..still

Toronto Till I Die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wonder if Terence Boyd's penalty has come down yet.
    It's in a volcanic crater in Costa Rica.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's in a volcanic crater in Costa Rica.
    It is about to join up with a Carl Robinson floater in upper atmosphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I remember 2016 & 2017 when our defence was good - Moor, Bradley, Mavinga + Bono confident or Irwin commanding the zone.

Its gone.

Like others on here, I am beginning to think this team didn't learn the right lessons from last season. The attacking portion of the midfield and the attacking line is still an MLS playoff quality team - what we saw tonight is a really really bad preseason version of what a lot of MLS teams are going to look like in the next couple of weeks.

But our defence is bad with little to no hope of it changing.

Before this game started, I thought we had an MLS playoff quality team. OK, I was worried about Auro on the right. But, everything I saw in Ciman & Mavinga last year and Moor when he was with us indicated to me that the bad defence would not repeat itself

I was wrong.

As people know on here, I have been supportive of the changes to this team and of the management. I still think our current coach & manager area step above most in this league. BUT, I think tonight shows that the team has not learned from 2018 & thus have pooched away another year.

I am resigned to once again, like in the days before 2014, be supporting a team that will not make the playoffs not matter how much it is discussed.

Everything we saw tonight was what we saw during the season last year. This isn't rust - its what these people are. And, that..that...is just sad.

Other thoughts.

What we have that can make the 4-3-3 work

• a couple of decent LBs
    • a decent CB
    • a couple of good box to box midfielders
    • a decent DM
    • 3 decent enough central forwards

To make the 4-3-3 work, we would need
    • a faster partner with better positional sense to go with Mavinga
    • two wingers who can cross, score and play defence
    • an AM
    • a RB who can play defence
    • a goalie who commands his area

We bet on Ciman & Auro & Bono. Tonight, they failed, as did everybody else around them not a youth project or named Osorio.

I look forward to watching my team. But, hope for this season? Gone. I fully expect every game to be a struggle, to not trust in that backline ever, to see some goals scored by our guys through hard work & graft. I also think we will figure out a way to win the Voyageurs. But....success? Like, even 2015 level success? Nope.

All in all....I'm just so
    Best and most accurate post you ever made. Sadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is gonna be a 2014 type of season*

*If we get Pozuelo in for the start of the season

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I offer below my worst post of the year (decade?).

I should have realized that a team playing a 40 year old for 90 minutes would wallop us.

I don’t wish to denigrate anyone, but we caught a major break here.

Panamanian league football is semipro, that league isn’t the Costa Rican or a Honduran leagues.

If we cannot beat them even without major pieces, that will be inexcusable.

I get that major upsets happen. Anything is possible.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have realized that a team playing a 40 year old for 90 minutes would wallop us.
    Lol! Yes Sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to rant about the same old things but drafting a guy like Dorsey and playing him right away yet again sends the wrong message to our academy players. We continue to find marginal prospects outside of our own system and squander what little opportunities we have for our home grown guys.

Sometimes it isn't about talent on paper, it's about motivating the people in your system and sticking with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year we were trying to 'stick with what works' and were being too predictable, this year we're trying something new but the guys clearly don't know how to play the system yet ...

It's achingly frustrating. It also again doesn't help that the stupid CCL starts so damn early. I mean, yes, we were terrible, but it was also still only our first competitive game in almost three months. Why can't CCL start in mid-March and finish mid-May? I still don't understand why that's a problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really appreciate the candour! Personally I had absolutely no idea what to expect from either side tonight, so I was too scared to predict anything at all.

However: we shall see how the next few weeks go, but there are a whole bunch of posters on this board who should be eating way more crow than you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So who is going to BMO next week to watch in -5 degree temperatures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even mad. Which is rare, to be honest. I started posting how bad this was going to get from the day Giovinco left. I have been called chicken little, over reacting, etc...

I am actually just reflective now. In 2017 I didn't miss a home game, telling family I can't make the function because "they will never be this good again". Man was I right.

On a bright note, my beer guy Neil and I chat at his station at the bottom of 115 saying when the hell did BMO turn into Family and date night all of a sudden, and remember when the team sucked, but up 110 and 109 (if you sat there you know what i am talking about), was a booze party every game, and he couldn't get 3 cases of beer half way up the aisle at a time?
    I wonder if this will be another summer of just the hard cores looking to drown their sorrows..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'll be there of course. But I very very highly doubt I'll be able to unload my second ticket for anything including free. (My seatmate just broke his ankle and can't make it.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Best and most accurate post you ever made. Sadly.

The passive aggression attempt to censor people that are disagreed with in this post is not appreciated.

Ignoring moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    i guess the same people that went to watch the final in -3 temps .true fans