Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Wouldn’t it be prudent to keep playing this way, considering how effective it was, and how it mirrors the tactics of professional football worldwide? ...

When we didn't have Seba last year, we failed to score. If his style of play was the necessary lynchpin to succeed with that passing style, its time to unlearn it.

We HAVE to move on from Seba. He demanded passing done into certain spaces, as he should as he was the best player on the team. Well, that didn't work when he wasn't there and didn't last night either. Time to rethink how this team passes the ball and what spaces it puts it into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Inthink you exaggerate a bit here.....the Panama team had pace and technical skills comparable to most MLS teams. Their attacking players would look very good on TFC.
    This was the worst defeat ever by an MLS team to a Central American team just read it in Soccer America magazine, come on they had a fat guy playing who looked like he was from a local beer league and a 40 year old has been in the midfield, sorry but it’s very comparable, that team would struggle in the new CPL please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add some salt in the wound, the Las Vegas Lights FC posted this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/lvlightsfc/statu...08533994708994

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I don't blame Auro at all for that game, you could see that he was completely unfamiliar with how he was expected to play.

I rate Bono but the more he has games like these the less I rate him.
    Man... I really don't. Even in the great season he had the odd worrisome gaffe but our defense was stellar with Moor healthy and active.

Last season, he looked way over his head, like, the way he was over his head when competing with Quillan Roberts in his first season and got picked anyway. (Not a plug for Roberts, just a sign they may have it wrong with this guy).

I think he's all close reaction saves. His positioning is continually suspect, his delivery as pointed out to me by others here is woeful and he lets in a goal or two a game right now that he should stop, going back to last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This right is here very concerning. You have grown ass men handing down the media task to the first game rookie.

I hope Bradley and Vanney were to livid to talk to the media because this very hard to digest.
    I've never seen Bradley so shaky in an interview. He looks stunned.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    No one taking shots from outside the box or anywhere for that matter has been the biggest burr up my ass, and that is all on Vanney, that is a tactical blunder that has plagued TFC for years, no one takes the shot or the initiative to shoot, no wonder we can't win a shoot out let alone a game, TFC players are afraid too shoot, because they are instructed that the only way to score is from close range, absolutely stupid tactic.
    This is true. He continually plays this ridiculous game of odds on the basis that balls in the box in a lot of games lead to unexpected goals, I have to assume so that they can both a) ticky-tacky through for goals and b) ping a few in on a crowded box.

It's asinine. He's reducing talented players to cogs, and their actual abilities are going unused. His system isn't good enough, and they collectively are not all good enough to play at peak all the time. This is MLS, not Man City or Barcelona.

I said this throughout last year but gave him the benefit for the winning year: we never shoot, we never try to beat anyone near the box, we frighten no one with our clinical inefficiency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calm the fuck down people. TFC got blown out one game in CA. This offseason saw the unexpected departure of core members we planned on having around for a long time. The team needs work, we all get that. Life is about expectations so let me lay them out for some of you.

1. TFC is not at the level is was. Nor will it be by October.

2. We had no business competing for a Champions League title this year, so we weren't going to sacrifice another MLS season for it. The management knew this.

3. We need to acquire players. We know it, and the FO knows it. With the sudden departure of VdW, Gio and VV you need to give them some time to figure a new way to play with what they have, and new targets to acquire.

Before this game, if anyone thought we were competing for the cup or the CL title you're delusional. But I rather be where we are today then go back to the revolving door TFC we once was. It's all good to be pissed after a blowout loss like that, but keep the "fire everyone" rhetoric in check until they get a chance to settle in. Maybe they will exceed our expectations, which at this point should be squeaking in the playoffs. We won't know until the close of the first transfer window and we have more games under our belt.
    Last edited by GhostKiller; 02-20-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    This was the worst defeat ever by an MLS team to a Central American team just read it in Soccer America magazine, come on they had a fat guy playing who looked like he was from a local beer league and a 40 year old has been in the midfield, sorry but it’s very comparable, that team would struggle in the new CPL please.
    How would you explain their forwards ability to make pylons out of Mavinga and Ciman? Aren’t they projected to be two of the best defenders in MLS this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    If you want to make a banner, go ahead.

Our group isn't into protest. We support the team.
    I'll just leave this here...

From this article: https://thestar.blogs.com/photoblog/...n-the-bag.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    The biggest error last night was Vanney's. You CAN"T play a 4-3-3 without dominant wingers ... not just "wingers" but DOMINANT CREATIVE wingers. DP Level or high end TAM Wingers is what I'm referring to. Morrow and Dorsey aren't even close to being good enough to play those positions in a 4-3-3. I can accept that we didn't have the offensive horses to score a lot of goals last night (unlike if Jozy, Vasquez and Giovinco might have been) and if you're a professional coach / manager you should know that. If that's the case you need to play to your strengths and that formation didn't do that. We should have played a familiar formation to the majority of players that were here last year. Not sure how injured Moor or Zavaletta were but if either of them were well enough to play we should have went with three at the back and if they weren't good to go slide Morrow in there and go with Morgan further up the left. We should have parked Bradley in front of them and played Morrow and Auro as wingbacks. Delgado and Osorio in front of Bradley with Delgado dropping if we needed to plug up the midfield. That leaves two spots up front for our weakest spot on the field ... forward. Based on performances last night Dorsey wouldn't have started if I were calling the shots. I understand Boyd being chosen as he'd work as a target man in a pinch (which is the spot we were in last night ... a pinch up front) ... and I'd have played Shaffelburg off of him (as he was lively when he came on). I understand it's not an ideal plan but I think it was the best we could have come up with under the circumstances. We might not have scored but at least we wouldn't have given up four and we'd have bought time to see if anything shows up by next week.

As for the 4-3-3 ... with our player pool ... that scares me. Vanney's going to have to rethink his formation or if we don't get some serious upgrades he won't be around too long ...
    Spot on, although perhaps Endoh or Telfer to start.

Vanney was overconfident. Blew it completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Calm the fuck down people. TFC got blown out one game in CA. This offseason saw the unexpected departure of core members we planned on having around for a long time. The team needs work, we all get that. Life is about expectations so let me lay them out for some of you.

2. We had no business competing for a Champions League title this year, so we weren't going to sacrifice another MLS season for it. The management knew this.

3. We need to acquire players. We know it, and the FO knows it. With the sudden departure of VdW, Gio and VV you need to give them some time to figure a new way to play with what they have, and new targets to acquire.

Before this game, if anyone thought we were competing for the cup or the CL title you're delusional. But I rather be where we are today then go back to the revolving door TFC we once was. It's all good to be pissed after a blowout loss like that, but keep the "fire everyone" rhetoric in check until they get a chance to settle in. Maybe they will exceed our expectations, which at this point should be squeaking in the playoffs. We won't know until the close of the first transfer window and we have more games under our belt.
    I am seriously concerned because that was a travesty, and but for Jozy and DeLeon was our starting line up. Management said “only a few tweaks this year” and has been taken by surprise with VV Seba and VdW departures, and had not planned for a rebuild. Last night looked arrogant on the part of the coaching staff and that seeped down to the players. We have gone from a few tweaks - in the words of management - to a complete rebuild and looking like a team lucky to squeak into the playoffs, literally overnight. Ok, in three weeks. But that’s over night. And judging from this display and the lack of transfer moves, management had no realistic back up plan. It’s scrambling. Wants to play a system requiring wingers when we have NONE on the roster, aside from a high school kid. Early signs are disastrous.

I’m entitled to be worried. And pissed.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-20-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN and Co are idiots. The team falls flat on their face, we do not want to hear from a 19 year old rookie nor should you want to interview him based on a few okay spells of play in what was effectively garbage time.

That and deleted tweets should tell you everything you need to know about how comfortable the majority of our presss are about criticizing this team. KJ and Caldwell might as well be employed by TFC TV.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    TSN and Co are idiots. The team falls flat on their face, we do not want to hear from a 19 year old rookie nor should you want to interview him based on a few okay spells of play in what was effectively garbage time.

That and deleted tweets should tell you everything you need to know about how comfortable the majority of our presss are about criticizing this team. KJ and Caldwell might as well be employed by TFC TV.
    TSN did not pick to interview Jacob, they were using an international feed. Luke and Steven called that game from the TSN studios. I assume when they were looking for an interview and considering how badly they played, the kid was the one offered up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, I feel a rant coming on --- yesterday was an embarrassment, period; frankly it is likely the worst effort and result that I have seen in the post-Bradley (et al) era --- if the goal was to not have to worry about CCL (and all its impending travel and schedule congestion) this year, mission accomplished, it will be out of the way before MLS starts and one excuse can be gone that we had last year. If this game was not included in the ST package you would have less than 5,000 tickets sold and we still will be lucky to have 5000 actually in the building in BMO on a February evening after last night's debacle......

I am a supporter of my team (they have my money for four STs and I attend about 50-60% of the games a year in person despite many other commitments), but I will not tolerate another year like last year where we give up goals by the handful and look lost most games......frankly I will likely reduce my 4 season tickets to 2 after 2019 unless I see something drastic changing in terms of the roster because as presently constructed they are not even close to being competitive (and Pozuelo is not the answer to everything and frankly that has been handled poorly as well and makes us look amateurish) --

Bradley who I am passionately supportive of as a leader and "face" of this franchise is realistically a TAM player now in terms of his talent in relation to his slot on the team (he is not producing at a DP level), and I will assume that Altidore will not be a RED by 2020 at the latest (again, thank you for everything Jozy, but if you can't stay healthy and play 30 games a year we can't keep you at that DP slot) --- bottom line in MLS is that your "stars/DPs" have to play and play well to be successful -- look at Atlanta's top guys last year, all played 90%+ of the available minutes in a season; similar to us in 2017; when the DP's aren't producing, it is simply impossible....going the NYRB route with Curtis and hoping on an Academy to supply "cheaper" talent seems wonderful (fyi - our academy has not filled our roster despite all of the time and efforts put into it so far), but in Toronto we want "stars" and results, and frankly this team will be an afterthought very quickly in this market if 2019 is a repeat of 2018 --- ST will fall considerably (I'm sure they already have somewhat) and so will attendance (especially on the upper East Side), the Jays lost more tickets sales last year than any team in the majors (almost 900,000) once the post "playoff season glow" has left (like how 2017 Jays tickets still sold based on 2015-2016; and not so much by 2018 once the writing was on the wall for all to see) --- TFC sold seats last year based on 2017 -- now there is no Seba, no post-championship glow anymore and the non-diehards will all be gone......just like all of those Jays fans from 2016 are gone now --- watch their sales plummet even more this year -- people here don't want to watch a project (outside of the Leafs), no one cares how much it costs outside of ownership; a $15 Million crap team (that gets more points per dollar spent) does not excite me as a fan more than a $22 Million good one does --- I don't care who wins the "most efficiently" (why should I care about "moneyball"?), I care about who wins period.....overpay your DP guys on short term deals (I'm not saying these three specifically, but Seba wouldn't have killed us on a short term (overpriced) deal - like 2-3 years at $8-10M per -- of the three DPs he was the most likely to still produce at a high level for another 2-3 years), like what the Raptors did with their three main guys a year or two ago (Masai signed Ibaka, Lowry, DeRozan to (overpaid) three year deals not 5-7 year (cheaper) ones which can cripple a franchise like John Wall in Washington or an Anthony Davis who decides he wants to leave in the middle of a long-term deal) -- this way you have a base level of talent to be competitive and if it goes south in a year or two you can blow it up with new talent as the $ will all come off the books accordingly; the Raptors will be competitive this year and they can dump Lowry and Ibaka next year as expiring deals to playoff contenders and build again in 2020-2021, if Leonard stays (he won't), you can reassess accordingly without being hamstrung with huge long-term deals to aging stars....going forward, if we "overpaid" our future DP stars on short-term deals (unless and until we have a replacement ready and waiting), how is that not the right way to go to remain competitive on an ongoing basis....the players are acting like mercenaries, why should teams not act accordingly......oh, I forgot, because it costs too much, I guess we will be a more cost-efficient losing team this year (yay ROI!), so that should be fun to watch as fans, I'm sure the stadium will fill to see that extra $7M we will save in salary turn into more losses (and less goals scored!) on the field - sounds exciting!

We have heard nothing from management in terms of a plan going forward since the off season (since Bez left) -- no direction has been laid out for the supporters to understand what is going on --- all we are getting is disgruntled players - Seba, VDW, Altidore and second-hand tales of locker-room discontent that existed last year --- and results that seemed to match that discontent......it's like everyone is shocked after last year's horrendous results since last May and magically thought it would all come together once everyone was healthy this year despite obvious signs of problems....now it's February and we are running around with our heads cut off claiming this all happened so suddenly we couldn't have expected this? really? Seba being a contract issue was not foreseeable? VDW being a problem was not foreseeable? having all 3 DPS coming due this year (and all in their 30s) and not thinking about future targets already was not foreseeable? was no one watching last year from May onward?

Frankly I will support my team and keep my two STs so long as I am able to financially, but this team is making it harder and harder to "love" them these days --- I can forgive a lack of talent up to a point: what I can't forgive is a lack of effort (and a lack of direction by mgmt) which frankly is what we saw yesterday once the second goal was scored.....they simply gave up.....and I cannot go and blindly applaud that type of effort.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You REALLY need to hear their podcast from last night.

They RIPPED into the team. KJ started with the word "arrogance". Caldwell was scathing.

Here's the soundcloud link

https://soundcloud.com/afootballpodc...mare-in-panama
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-20-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two things were apparent yesterday. Our players took the opponent lightly, and we lacked the personnel to play a 4-3-3 formation effectively.

As mentioned, CCL is a write off, but I hope Vanney can get this team organized properly going into the regular season or it's going to be a long one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I am seriously concerned because that was a travesty, and but for Jozy and DeLeon was our starting line up. Management said “only a few tweaks this year” and has been taken by surprise with VV Seba and VdW departures, and had not planned for a rebuild. Last night looked arrogant on the part of the coaching staff and that seeped down to the players. We have gone from a few tweaks - on the worlds of management - to a complete rebuild and looking like a team lucky to squeak into the playoffs, literally kvernight. Ok, in three weeks. But that’s over night. And hiding form this display and the lack of transfer moves, management had no realistic back up plan.

I’m entitled to be worried. And pissed.
    I agree the core has gotten more rotten than we might have first assumed. We basically took away two of our most productive pieces in 2018 and didn’t address other areas of weakness.

I surmised about blowing it up after 2018. I think management should have known better and took a stick of dynamite to the roster. yesterday’s winning team is not good enough today. Players have regressed, aged, and other MLS clubs have gotten better. Teams know how we play and our advantages aren’t so insurmountable.

I think Vanney has proven to be a good champagne coach. If you have the best pieces you can define your style and sit on it. Works well when you have a 25 million payroll and everyone else is playing with half that or less. When you’re neck and neck with everyone you have to be more pragmatic. Poz is no better than what Atlanta added in the off-season, or NYCFC, and he’s no better than Vela in LA. Same thing goes for our other best players at this stage. We have fallen back to the level of the pack. And that’s ignoring all our issues on the back line and elsewhere.

So with respect to our tactics: we can no longer be Brazil / Barca and say “we play like X, everyone else will adjust”. You have to be more pragmatic and adjust yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

They RIPPED into the team. KJ started with the word "arrogance". Caldwell was scathing.

Not new to the way they conduct themselves. Really ballsy to say all that on a limited platform while muting yourself to a wider audience.

I think they are pretty smug for a couple of guys who sit up like barking seals when anyone might be listening.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not new to the way they conduct themselves. Really ballsy to say all that on a limited platform while muting yourself to a wider audience.

I think they are pretty smug for a couple of guys who sit up like barking seals when anyone might be listening.
    Does it really matter where they say it these days? I don't think so. If you express an opinion it will be found.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Thanks very much for the link.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My expectations are that we will be competitive -especially against a team that I don't think anyone expects to be a world beater in Concacaf -- if they turn out to beat another MLS team or a Mexican side in this tournament I will admit I was wrong happily.....

As for point number 2 - If the goal is to throw away CCL - which appeared to be the case last night -- why play any starters and risk injury on that turf? -- just send a TFC 2 type of squad down there (we did this in MLS games last year in Houston while chasing CCL etc.) and let everyone know up front that we are "mailing" this thing in and foucusing on MLS.....are we now going to start our "starters" next Tuesday and risk injury (etc.) in what is a lost cause, before a clearly more important league game 4 days later --- show me there is a plan and I will at least understand what we are trying to do ---- if a Mavinga or someone like that gets hurt playing in the cold and snow next week how does that make any sense given the lack of importance of next Tuesday (even if they go all out and miraculously came back - they aren't winning the next round) to the overall scheme of things for 2019?

As for point number 3 -- this is all seeming to be a "new" thing to them - VdW was a known issue since last year internally - this didn't just magically arise out of nowhere it had been festering for a while ("we had locker-room issues/we aren't all pulling in the same direction" was stated last year by many in the press) -- managements' job is to have a plan for "what if", that's their job to be prepared for the future at all times and not be caught with their pants down repeatedly --- to be prepared for any eventuality that might occur -- having three DPs all due this year was not an unforeseeable thing and that contract issues may arise accordingly with some of them going into the final year of a deal (it was known that Seba was pushing for a new deal last year already - did they really think based on his temperament that he would sit quietly for the whole year and just "play" it out?! - come on, that's not realistic based on everything we know about the guy for the last 4 years -- a wonderful talent, but clearly an emotional/passionate guy as well).....

I am not thinking they are going to be great but a playoff level team is not an unreasonable expectation - and frankly what I saw was a horrendous EFFORT last night --- if we were throwing CCL away then fine, do that, send a TFC 2 team down there and let us all know it's part of some greater plan for the season to be healthy and ready to go on March 2nd - but to go down there with most of your "starting lineup" (minus 3 players or so) and crap the bed like that is serving no function whatsoever and fans have a right to be concerned over what was shown in the pitch last night.....and that was most of our starting backline (save for an aging Moor) - we aren't looking for more players in the back 4 to sign as DPs or TAM players - and what was shown yesterday was quite troubling to say the least if our aim this year is to give up less goals, because we sure as heck are going to score less goals.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Does it really matter where they say it these days? I don't think so. If you express an opinion it will be found.
    I think it does. The average TV viewer isn’t going to search out a podcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not expecting TFC to win CCL but they absolutely should be advancing past the first round. The real damage that worries me is keeping the Canadian Qualifiers coefficient to a place in Pot A so that they can continue to have an 'easy' aka not Mex or USA 1st round opponent.

Once you fall to Pot B its hard to climb out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro looked like he's gained 15 pounds over the offseason. Bradley, Ciman, and Morrow have lost a step and showing their age. Osorio and Delgado are lost without VV, Jozy, and Seba. New guys looked ok for the CPL or TFC 11. Bring Frei back as we don't have a keeper. The only player that looked like a quality pro but was completely isolated in this formation was Mavinga. Despite all of this I will still support my team throughout the year and not jump off the bandwagon as many will.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Auro looked like he's gained 15 pounds over the offseason. Bradley, Ciman, and Morrow have lost a step and showing their age. Osorio and Delgado are lost without VV, Jozy, and Seba. New guys looked ok for the CPL or TFC 11. Bring Frei back as we don't have a keeper. The only player that looked like a quality pro but was completely isolated in this formation was Mavinga. Despite all of this I will still support my team throughout the year and not jump off the bandwagon as many will.

Ya - I think most of what you said was to be expected.

Bradley dropped back way to far last night. at times he was lined up with Mavinga and Ciman. Not a good thing

Surprised about Morrow as i never really thought about his decline due to age. Thats the sign of a good defender - when you don't notice them in a good way. But after last night and actually noticing him - I hope it's just cobwebs and not age.

Bono has been a huge disappointment. Last year was a disaster for him and that trend seems to be continuing. It's one thing to have defenders blow it for you and is those blunders are usually obvious - but he's making too many mistakes that are squarely on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole team looked like they were still in pre-season mode, and it showed in the match. We looked slower in all ways against a low-tier team (effectively) that was motivated and sharp.

Everyone else has already mentioned things that I wanted to bring up. What I want to bring up now is why we played a system that was similar to Pep's in City without having the appropriate personnel? This weird 2-3-2-3 that we fielded is supposed to have players who are good passers everywhere, yet our left side of Morgan and Morrow are poor passers, whilst Dorsey showed that his decision-making still needs some work. A 2-3-2-3 like that needs quick, dynamic wingers with strong dribbling and crossing abilities, yet we only saw some potential of that from Shaffelburg. Ultimately, and what really caused us to falter on the ball, was how quickly our players were spreading out leaving no options for the ball holders from deeper areas. Osorio was the only one who was taking up good positions consistently. Delgado, Auro, and Dorsey didn't know where they were supposed to be, and our left side was completely disconnected from the rest of the team. Bradley had way too many instances where he didn't know what to do on the ball. This is all on Vanney who showed some promise in 2017 only to go back to his poor self in 2018. If we are to play a 2-3-2-3, players need to be much closer to each other, and we need to pass the ball around quicker.

We may as well go back to our back 3 setup if we really need some wide play. That worked well for us in 2017. Everything else has failed us, unfortunately.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

I was talking about how we act currently. We're a long way from then, and our group has a different membership from that period.

Anyway, my (personal opinion) point that its up to this group to decide how to proceed, not for those who aren't members to tell it what to do. I appreciate your enthusiasm, I'll leave it at that.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2. Fuck that. I love this tournament more than the league but that isn't the point. It's that we should be competing against the talent below us in the early rounds. That roster of ours shouldn't have been favourites to win the tournament. So why is that the only choice for you? Win the tourny or sacrifice it for the league?
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 02-20-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

Glad you posted this. This shows how we've changed as a group. That was a turning point.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ogthedim for the soundcloud link.
    I wish Caldwell of the podcast was more likely to show up within broadcasts. Maybe he is told to appeal to a wider audience, but on the podcast I thought his appraisal was accurate. Broadcasts strike me more as excuses being made, but maybe that is more Wileman...