Page 99 of 191 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    In soccer. TFC is trying to go Christmas shopping at 5pm on December 24. All the good stores are closed. Get ready for a shitty gift csrd from thr gas station
    You realize other windows closing has no effect on teams from those leagues still selling right? The only thing it effects is VDW and good luck on finding a sucker in Europe for that guy anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Mario Gotze??? Maybe a bit high for the transfer, but he would be a great player to have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    You realize other windows closing has no effect on teams from those leagues still selling right? The only thing it effects is VDW and good luck on finding a sucker in Europe for that guy anyway.
    I think we'll have to trade vdW within the league. Probably somewhere warm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as we are throwing names out TFC have no chance of signing I'm throwing my hat in the ring with Cristian Pavon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I think we'll have to trade vdW within the league. Probably somewhere warm.
    vdW's wife/partner will love LA. Rose Bertram, I will be sorry to think that she is not in my vicinity, but she and I will always have instagram....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve got a weird feeling VDW stays.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez

Bringing up this guy again because he was linked to MLS as recently as last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Karpf View Post
    I’ve got a weird feeling VDW stays.
    i doubt it ,if you go by this.Vanney: What I’ll say is he was a big distraction in the team. Last year we went through a season with some distractions, and I vowed to our group that when we came into training camp that I was going to protect the group and make sure that we had no distractions going into the season, and that we were going to move forward in way where we could concentrate on our day-to-day preparations. It was a situation that wasn’t necessarily going to get better, so we made the move we did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s not true. Teams aren’t as likely to sell when they know they can’t get a replacement until summer. Unless a player is truly on the outs, in which case that’s already a red flag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we need Drake to do some TFC selling again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Is this the first season following sports? Players leave teams all the time. Tavares left the Islanders for more money. Ramsey is leaving Arsenal for better opportunity at Juventus. Gretzky left the Oilers for LA etc etc etc times a million in sports players move on you keep supporting the club.

Jeez man it wasn't only 3 million he wanted 5 million for 5 years while on the decline. So many damn chicken little drama queens freaking out because older injury prone players trying to get their last paydays are being directed elsewhere for their big checks.
    I do I hope I am wrong, but I would rather be chicken little than a sheep from Animal Farm chanting whatever the pigs at MLSE tell me to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That’s not true. Teams aren’t as likely to sell when they know they can’t get a replacement until summer. Unless a player is truly on the outs, in which case that’s already a red flag.
    TFC signed Seba after the winter market closed in Europe... so if they are signing a player from any of the top 5 leagues look at the bench of tops teams. Players that aren’t getting any playing time. Like how Seba wasn’t playing at Juve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    You have got be kidding? He is CPL level... terrible option.
    A 22-yr-old player making a million pounds a year with call-ups to the Columbian national squad is CPL level?

Why is Galatasaray bidding for him??
    Last edited by BelfastBoy; 02-01-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazil's window is similar to MLS and Argentinas closes mid Feb FYI.

Russia is open for another week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    How about Mario Gotze??? Maybe a bit high for the transfer, but he would be a great player to have

Talking about Dortmund, they just loaned out Kagawa to Besikitas in Turkey, I'm surprirsd no mls teams were linked, he'd be an excellent fit for any team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I hope so.

Here are some nice players in the Argentina top division

Juan Fernando Quintero, CAM, 25, (78 ON FIFA 19)
    Martin Benitez, 24, CAM (76 FIFA 19)
    Nathian Nandez, 22, CM ( 75 ON FIFA 19)
    Juan Ramirez, 22, CM (74 ON FIFA 19)
    Emanuel Reyonso, 22, CM, (73 ON FIFA 19)
    Harlan Barrera, 22, CM ( 73 ON FIFA 19)
    Brian Sarmiento, 28, CAM (73 ON FIFA 19)
    Quintero would be a great pick up. Didn’t succeed in Europe but of motivated, could be a top player in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago would give up completely if we signed Quintero

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Even stars like Martinez were excess and unwanted at their clubs. Rarely does MLS sign sought after young superstars. Actually it's never happened so our league effects little on the rosters of larger clubs. We take their reserve depth usually or their flops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i doubt it ,if you go by this.Vanney: What I’ll say is he was a big distraction in the team. Last year we went through a season with some distractions, and I vowed to our group that when we came into training camp that I was going to protect the group and make sure that we had no distractions going into the season, and that we were going to move forward in way where we could concentrate on our day-to-day preparations. It was a situation that wasn’t necessarily going to get better, so we made the move we did.
    Where is that from?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Where is that from?
    Very last bit of this - asked directly about VDW

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...ange-way-play/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Talking about Dortmund, they just loaned out Kagawa to Besikitas in Turkey, I'm surprirsd no mls teams were linked, he'd be an excellent fit for any team.
    Just 29 too, felt like he’s been playing forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Very last bit of this - asked directly about VDW

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-...ange-way-play/
    thanks. Good article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    In soccer. TFC is trying to go Christmas shopping at 5pm on December 24. All the good stores are closed. Get ready for a shitty gift csrd from thr gas station
    Last time we shopped at that hour we came away with some Seba guy. Work well for 4 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Just looking through the list of players with contracts ending in the summer of 2020 or earlier. He said young and in his prime. How about Rafinha? He’s 25, Sitting on the bench at Barca, and hasn’t really had a full season in 3 years. Maybe he wants to get paid? He value is in the 10-15 million area. Just spit balling here. Doesn’t have the name recognition Seba did, but he is known.

Only other guy on this list in that area of age, transfer value, and biggish name, is Mario Gotze. That one I doubt more.
    Rafinha suffered his 78th major injury a couple of months back. Could be lost for the season. Fantastic player though. Positive attitude and left-footed as well.

Gotze was the first name that popped into my head, but after struggling to find minutes at Dortmund, he's tearing it up alongside Reus. Don't see Dortmund, who squeeze every dollar from clubs, placing him in TFC's price range.

In any case, going by Manning's most recent comments, I think we need to scratch names of that magnitude. And if he's coming from Europe, it will have to be absolute dead weight (probably from a major team, which doesn't seem likely) since teams can't sign replacements anymore.

But isn't this so much more fun than pissing and moaning?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts on Vincent Janssen? Fits the target age range, a little injury prone, but could be a good renaissance story like Jozy who also had his struggles in the EPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    A 22-yr-old player making a million pounds a year with call-ups to the Columbian national squad is CPL level?

I’ve actually seen him play several times. Ok might be exaggerating vs CPL...but definitely not a DP that could even remotely replace Seba, Jozy, or VV either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    As bummed as I was yesterday, I’m pretty excited for what’s next. If TFC is looking to get a young DP and potentially sell them off for profit like ATL, I think that’s the way to go.

Dortmund aren’t the biggest spenders in Germany but they consistently do well. I’m perfectly happy with that model.

In my mind seba showed his true character in that post. I think as an individual you should always leave your head held high and there’s no reason to complain. He was paid the most of anyone in this league over his tenure. He chose to leave.

He created many incredible moments but, he’s gone and the team is still here. Boyd is as good or better option than rickets, I’ll take Ciman over hagglund, now I can’t wait for the next cards to fall.

2019 is going to be a fun season. We have guys that have something to prove and new blood coming that won’t taint the locker room(hopefully).
    Agreed an all counts. We needed to retool beyond this season anyway, and now we're starting that process a year ahead of schedule due to the unforeseen circumstances that have transpired with Seba and Vasquez.

In past years, it would have been an unmitigated disaster to lose our GM and 2 of our top players unexpectedly on the eve of the season. Based on the combined pedigree of Manning and Curtis and their experience in MLS in particular, I have faith that they can get us back on track soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Just looking through the list of players with contracts ending in the summer of 2020 or earlier. He said young and in his prime. How about Rafinha? He’s 25, Sitting on the bench at Barca, and hasn’t really had a full season in 3 years. Maybe he wants to get paid? He value is in the 10-15 million area. Just spit balling here. Doesn’t have the name recognition Seba did, but he is known.

Only other guy on this list in that area of age, transfer value, and biggish name, is Mario Gotze. That one I doubt more.
    This is the type of player TFC might be looking at. A young 25 year old CAM will still hold value in a 2-3 years.

I think he is closer to 25 million on a fee though and by the time we are ready to sell his value might take a hit.

The best time to buy is 22 and the best time to sell is 24/25 if your goal is turning profit
    Last edited by Defoe; 02-01-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post

Obvious that the guy is a Celtic supporter. He should wash his mouth out with soap after that comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even stars like Martinez were excess and unwanted at their clubs. Rarely does MLS sign sought after young superstars. Actually it's never happened so our league effects little on the rosters of larger clubs. We take their reserve depth usually or their flops.
    The nice part about South America (if you can get past all the agent / club antics): you regularly have star quality players deemed surplus because there are more prospects coming though and selling on is a major source of revenue.

I wouldn’t consider the guys we bring here “flops”. I’ll use Laba as an example: perfectly good player, captained his team in Argentina, but too slow for Europe and not quite smooth enough on the hall to be truely top flight on a world level.

So he goes to MLS (at a very reasonable fee) and does well. Player and club both want to get paid. AAAJ (his old club) makes room for the next guy and the process starts over again.