Page 90 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Seba, when he arrived, was astonished by the relative mediocrity on the pitch. His ranting, raving, was a result of his desire to teach lesser players, cause frankly, few had any idea what things like one touch football, etc.,, was.
    Wait until he gets a load of the Saudi league. It's pretty much MLS 2.0 in terms of play. Bad everything except a few really fast African guys with cement feet.

On the positive side I think Valium is available over the counter in Saudi Arabia. He's going to need it. Lots of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69chevy396 View Post
    good post. But i disagree with some of your inferences.

1.seba, when he arrived, was astonished by the relative mediocrity on the pitch. His ranting, raving, was a result of his desire to teach lesser players, cause frankly, few had any idea what things like one touch football, etc.,, was. Coupled with this was his desire to win. He did this by scoring. However, if you followed him in serie a, he was primarily an attacking midfielder. By 2017, and last season, seba became the complete player. He got better, not worse. Does anybody believe that first morrow, than osorio, would suddenly start scoring, if seba wasnt yelling at them in 2015 and 2016?

2. Look around the world for outstanding football stars, and you will find their uber quality is matched by their intense competitive nature, arrogance, confidence.....i suppose his “whiny” attitude, may be something he picked up from ronaldo, rooney, zlatan, that prick from brazil....etc.

3. Last season, he played hurt. He was on the pitch with altidore and vazquez, how many times? Despite this, his points per game were still very good.
    nailed it - 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    An article in Nov 2017 had the average salary for a player in Europe is about 2 million USD and for the EPL was around 3.5 million. Its surprising how much money there is in the soccer world yet it doesnt flow down to the players. Even if TFC reduce the DP spot to 5 million they should be able to attract another quality player.
    Are we willing to pay a transfer fee is the question. That's the missing piece of information when people compare our salary to Atlanta's. They paid huge transfer fees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Are we willing to pay a transfer fee is the question. That's the missing piece of information when people compare our salary to Atlanta's. They paid huge transfer fees.
    We'll see but I think this is the next step in MLS evolution. One way or another, that's going to become part of how good MLS teams will be doing business.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only 1 of the 3 DP's we paid a transfer fee for was Bradley - $10 million.

Did we pay one for Defoe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alixir View Post
    His wife will sure enjoy living over there.
    his daughter to

Im assuming this family will "reside" in italy for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats where we can wait and see to judge MLSE. They have no problem paying leaf players millions to sit at home or in nylanders case pay him upfront to increase his trade value in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Of course he did. Besides his awesome on field play and all he did for us, he did have a petulant attitude for all those years. This totally fits his character.
    call it what you want....matter of perspective, I guess....I certainly wouldn't want our supposed best player floating around not caring about what was happening around him, as long as he looked good....personally, I'd want him to encourage his team mates to try to play at his level, by any means.

but I can understand why some would take it the other way at the time.....I just can't accept people saying "I told you so" now.....that's coincidental hindsight to me.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Almiron to Newcastle for cool 27M sure looks nice for a business plan as a developing and selling team
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait until he gets a load of the Saudi league. It's pretty much MLS 2.0 in terms of play. Bad everything except a few really fast African guys with cement feet.

On the positive side I think Valium is available over the counter in Saudi Arabia. He's going to need it. Lots of it.
    agreed, this is all about money and perceived personal self worth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I would think so but I am not sure. He was under contract when we got him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real reason seba is leaving is that he saw the weather forecast -30.fkkk that shit,and they are paying me 30mil euros,see ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know soccer has grown since then and this new league is truly coast to coast with better ownership BUT for those that remember the old CSL and how that ended, kind of hard to get too excited over the CPL. The country is still the same size, travel is expensive, there is even more competition for entertainment $$ now . Going to be hard I think. Wait and see, but I hope they make it work.

Somebody coming into a TFC supporter's website and saying, basically, "You're best player left, and you are pissed off? - Come watch this instead" is going to get reactions.

All for the CPL - waiting to see what the atmosphere is like before considering doing the tourist thing. But, this is a TFC transfer thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the real reason seba is leaving is that he saw the weather forecast -30.fkkk that shit,and they are paying me 30mil euros,see ya
    Hope he likes playing in +40 though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think so but I am not sure. He was under contract when we got him.
    Yea, was 6M pounds, so whatever that was in dollars at the time.

And don't forget the 3.5M on Gilberto and 1.5M on Laba. Money well spent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to decide if Alessandrini is our new DP will I be happy with that. He is good no question but without a couple TAM guys added in as well I don't see him solo as a fix all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope he likes playing in +40 though.
    but its a dry heat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We paid $6M for Bradley and $10M for Defoe (Sunderland had paid $10M for Altidore so that's part of why that “trade” worked)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to decide if Alessandrini is our new DP will I be happy with that. He is good no question but without a couple TAM guys added in as well I don't see him solo as a fix all.
    I think we would still need a forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Selling Almiron to Newcastle for cool 27M sure looks nice for a business plan as a developing and selling team
    Correct me if I am wrong but to get Seba we did not pay a transfer fee to Juve, correct? This was in his prime, correct? So why would we get anywhere near Almiron numbers? I say 2-3 million is a win for TFC and a "start the car" event. Only money laden, heavy hitting oil countries pay for a player like Seba at this age. I say Seba played russian roulette and lost regardless of the money he makes in Saudi Arabia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We paid $6M for Bradley and $10M for Defoe (Sunderland had paid $10M for Altidore so that's part of why that “trade” worked)
    $10M for Bradley https://www.si.com/soccer/planet-fut...for-10-million

The link in the article is dead but Roma had the figure in the press release.

Found it in the wayback machine https://web.archive.org/web/20140110...01_Bradley.pdf
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 01-31-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we would still need a forward.
    The guy i'd love is Benedetto but I'm not sure what his wages/transfer ee would be. Proven Montreal Killer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFloorDanny View Post
    I've thought about and have been following how the Giovinco situation unfolded these past few days. Like many of you, I'm heartbroken that he's leaving for the memories that were provided to us, but I'm much more disappointed and disgusted with him than in management or anything else, and I'm not upset that he's gone with the way he's chosen to go out. As far as management is concerned, they may have botched the progression of Giovinco's time here. I stress the term "may have", because I don't think the two sides were ever close and that's why there wasn't much point in having a discussion before this.

You've all seen it, the incessant whining, the lack of self awareness, etc. He was the highest paid player in the league for a reason, to do the job of being its best player and to transform the organization, and he was paid very handsomely for that. He seems to think that he deserves to be paid MORE for past performance, because let's face it, he's been on the decline since 2017, so it certainly isn't for future performance. Somewhere, you have to draw the line. His scathing instagram post towards management is really icing on the cake of where his head is at, though it's clear he wasn't the one who actually wrote the post. I unconditionally refuse to believe someone who says management is not committed to winning when the following things are reportedly true:

- TFC offered him similar money to Josef Martinez, a player who has outperformed Giovinco in the last 2 years. His salary would have still remained higher than the likes of Wayne Rooney. If you've been following Giovinco since he got here in 2015, he's not the same player and has clearly declined some. One would be daft to believe he's not going to continue in this direction.
    - He chose to go to Saudi Arabia, to win? Win what in Saudi Arabia? The lifestyle there resembles nothing of that here too and not in a good way, hearing from friends who worked there.
    - They're paying him $10 Million a year. Nobody else was offering that money and TFC would have been stupid to match or even come close.

It's clear that the party not committed to winning and making a proper lifestyle choice was Giovinco. This was always and only ever about getting a maximum pay day and not about "home", whatever that means. Shame on you, Seba, though I guess this behaviour consistent with his incessantly whiny attitude which I quickly came to loathe. With that disgusting and unnecessary instagram post, he's tarnished his legacy here in my mind. There's no reason why he couldn't have gone out on a high in his goodbye message that would have immortalized him.

Thanks for the memories, I guess, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    This is fucked up. The last line in particular. This is why we can't keep nice things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Please no.
    Well I'd rather have Cubo than fucking Boyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    The guy i'd love is Benedetto but I'm not sure what his wages/transfer ee would be. Proven Montreal Killer.
    I've been banging this drum for a while. I'd love TFC to sign him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Konoplyanka had a move to Turkey break down earlier this window. Would be a top class signing.

Edit: When considering the next DP signing KJ said "very good player, very good league" and in his prime. So probably Top 5 league (plus Portugal) and a player from the age of 25 to 29.
    Last edited by portu; 01-31-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    This would be perfect but I am not sure Boca would let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Well I'd rather have Cubo than fucking Boyd
    He's a head case. Yeah, I'm not sure about Boyd either.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greekasm View Post
    Bold prediction: a softening on the Inebriatti ban when attendance tanks.
    They were back in last year, but not with colours or recognised, in the North GA area. Look for more of that I think.

Willian is not going anywhere.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about Boyd either.
    If he can stay healthy, he is an upgrade on 2018 Ricketts.

However he is probably a 'resting on turf matches' player.