Page 81 of 191 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we do lose Seba it will hurt. I understand it from a business and football perspective. Just a lot of memories. The guy was just magic and was worth the price of admission alone. So many times I’d bring friends to their first game and I’d tell them to watch in awe of our little #10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I have been following Chehade for a long time. He is no twitter rumour aggregator

*sniff*
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have been following Chehade for a long time. He is no twitter rumour aggregator

*sniff*
    Some Saudi journos saying it's a done deal too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I write my rep and say 2500 for season, no seba I will cancel now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    I am glad that I attended ever game played at BMO in 2017. It was fucking magical. 2018 I missed more than I attended after dumping my seasons tickets. This year, no BMO and no TSN...I dont watch TV very much, so this was easy. I hope somebody at MLSE reads this post, because I bet there are thousands just like me, who won’t forgive this bullshit anytime soon.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won’t forgive what bullshit? Seba leaving? It’s hardly bullshit. The two couldn’t agree a deal. It happens all the time. It sounds like MLSE made a legit offer to him and Seba didn’t accept it. That’s not bullshit.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it annoying how slow our Toronto media is on this stuff. Can’t anyone directly as the team? Did he show at training after the doctor’s check as they said he was going to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    Won’t forgive what bullshit? Seba leaving? It’s hardly bullshit. The two couldn’t agree a deal. It happens all the time. It sounds like MLSE made a legit offer to him and Seba didn’t accept it. That’s not bullshit.
    He’s under contract and CCL starts in two weeks. If they’re going to let him go for next to nothing, at least wait until the summer. This is bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    He’s under contract and CCL starts in two weeks. If they’re going to let him go for next to nothing, at least wait until the summer. This is bullshit.
    what if he’s turned round and refused to play? He’s missing from training because of an “injury” that appeared as soon as it became clear of what was happening transfer wise. Seba may have forced the FO’s hand. So you can’t pin this on the FO ans say it’s bullshit because we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes.

btw, if I’m proven wrong, I’ll happily own up and admit it.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting some money for him now is better the losing him for nothing in 6 months....
    Grazie Gio

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang, how much things change in so little time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably too late to get someone this window, hopefully they get someone this summer. Twitter comments make me laugh, this is all Giovinco wanting more money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that’s it then. Fuck. Gonna be hard going to BMO this year. Manning needs to give supporters an explanation and some idea where the team is going.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wynne View Post
    And to think Maurice Edu brought in a $5M transfer fee over a decade ago.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously it sucks to lose him, arguably the greatest player to ever play in this league, but people need to realize he was pushing for this, don’t put all of this on the FO. The same people mad the FO didn’t give him a blank cheque are the same ones who would be complaining in a year about him being locked into a DP spot if he might not be worth the spot anymore. You don’t pay for past success, as great as it was. It sucks because of timing, but this constant bashing of the FO is a joke. Both him and Vasquez forced their departures, not the FO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously it sucks to lose him, arguably the greatest player to ever play in this league, but people need to realize he was pushing for this, don’t put all of this on the FO. The same people mad the FO didn’t give him a blank cheque are the same ones who would be complaining in a year about him being locked into a DP spot if he might not be worth the spot anymore. You don’t pay for past success, as great as it was. It sucks because of timing, but this constant bashing of the FO is a joke. Both him and Vasquez forced their departures, not the FO.
    No one was suggesting he was no longer worth a DP spot.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

*sniff*
    On a ruthless, professional basis only, I think you offer him a one-year deal at the same money at most. I understand why they're doing it.

Still the greatest in league history. Brought us total glory.

I think he'd dropped off substantially last year in terms of speed and ability to beat players. He's so talented, I'm not sure it matters. But if we lose Seba, that almost certainly means we're going to lose Jozy, as he's massively overpaid for MLS based on his injury rate AND they love playing together. If one goes, there's a serious chance the other will be too moody to benefit us. Both are moody guys.

That leaves Bradley, who is also overpaid but I believe -- and I imagine they do -- would be more accepting of a lower deal the next time, and wants to raise his family in Toronto. Plus, the way he played for the U.S. the other night, I have no doubt that on a harmonious TFC, he's still worth DP money. Fuck the US fans.

Really, I think this is why Bez left. A guy as ambitious as him doesn't take over as president of the Columbus Crew when he's a GM at MLSE unless he knows he's going to get the axe for all that money and the increasing risk of no results due to injury and fuckups (akexte, Gvdw).

So, on a ruthless basis, I get it.

Still feels wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’re not all bashing the front office, but they need to explain where the team is going this year now. Do they have any plan? Vision?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope that with all this cash we are getting, we acquire a monster DP replacement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN confirm it. Gareth Wheeler also on 1050. Gonna re-evaluate tomorrow morning. It seems pretty raw right now

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandino88 View Post
    Getting some money for him now is better the losing him for nothing in 6 months....
    Grazie Gio
    Lose him in 1 year. Not 6 months. Has to finish contract.

I'd keep him for season instead of selling him foe chump change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an outright disaster. And my stupid ticket rep keeps asking me to go for lunch with the intent to get me to buy more seats. This season is already over and what a waste. I can only hope that Vanney is also gone as now the players that made him look good have left. There is no replacements in the works and Ali Curtis wants to play the young guys as his record shows in the past. FFFFSS. I hope we all revolt on opening day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Lose him in 1 year. Not 6 months. Has to finish contract.

I'd keep him for season instead of selling him foe chump change.
    Except Giovinco wouldn't play here anymore. It was likely give me the same deal or I'm done here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that even the FO may not have been prepared for VV VdW and Seba leaving in quick succession. They are big boots to fill. However as a fan I expect the front office to have backup plans, vision and a reason for me to spend my time and money supporting the team. I get the difficulty here, but the fact remains that we have not improved our squad, we have weakened it. I really hope something good comes out of this for TFC this season. Personally I don't care about next season until next season. I want a team that can win the CCL this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a meaningful transfer number.

I think that getting any transfer fee in this situation is a win. Seba really had the club over a barrel - his dissatisfaction was so blatant that he couldn’t really return. I’m sure the Saudi's could make the case that they were doing TFC a favour by taking over the contract.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my thoughts.

It's fair of Giovinco to demand a similar salary as his first deal. Arguably the best-performing player in league history. If he wants $7 million a year again, he can just point and say "look what I've done".

It's fair for Toronto FC to feel like they should offer something more in the $4 to $5 million range. He's 32 and while still a great player, figures to slowly decline over the next few years. We need to sign players based on what they can do, not what they've done.

So this feels sort of like the inevitable conclusion.

The biggest shame here is Giovinco deserved a proper send off. Not scoring a goal in garbage time of the last game of the season when we've already been eliminated. He transformed the club more than any player probably ever will. It's a true shame that it ends like this. Absolutely brilliant player. I doubt any player matches his 2015 season especially for a long time.

I think we did fine with the fee. $2 to $3 million for a 32 year old with a contract that's about to expire is fine.

I'll echo the statements about needing to hear from Manning and Curtis about where this team is going. Altidore is 100% leaving within the year, I think there's zero doubt about that now. I want to hear what the plan is. It's hard not to draw comparisons to Curtis gutting the Red Bulls. I would hope MLSE is still onboard with spending in the top 25% of the league, if not the highest by a wide margin like we have in recent years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandino88 View Post
    Grazie Gio
    we have no replacement. And this sale has exposed managements "only a few changes" as a total falsehood. At this point, with no apparent Plan A, let alone Plan B, getting $ for him is not good enough at all. And it doesn't sound like much, actually.

He's the best we will ever see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should hang on with the “no backup plan” or “no replacement” take. The fact that they didn’t handle this well in the beginning does not mean that they didn’t handle it at all.

They didn’t take this right to the wire, which means to me that TFC threw in their hand because they needed to be free to do some business tomorrow.

Lets see what happens here. They have a very obvious DP move available, as a for instance.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-30-2019 at 09:40 PM.