Page 72 of 191 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a reason why I posted that Simpson's take on the 5 stages of grief. Just going to chill here about people's reactions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    how do you want the club to treat him..he has been a whining brat for 2 years...jus cave and and sign him at 8 to 10 mil a year?
    Like a champion who restored our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are offering as much as we might suspect this is a no brainer. Image hurts short term but that can be rectified quickly if they go back into the market.

I expect something Pitty Martinez quality (or better). Anything less and i’ll howl like everyone else about the club being cheap.

Club needs to get out publicly and say what it’s intentons are. You can’t just transfer your two best attacking players (big offers or not) and say substantially nothing like they have so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's wait and see. He leaves its the end of an Era and Curtis has to earn his keep. Time to freak out? Nah I'll wait. Sad to see Seba go? Sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Seba leaves without a replacement, then this season is a wash and they should start the rebuild now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Like a champion who restored our team.
    so i guess he not getting paid the highest salary in the league this season and last 3 seasons..and now he walks out on the club.he is still under contract...suspend his brat ass without pay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see it now, TFC matches Saudi offer for Giovinco.

Fast forward to fall. We miss the playoffs or go out in first round. Giovinco has another decent year (13-ish goals, 16-ish assists) and then everyone complains how we have fallen behind Atlanta/LAFC and aren't getting ROI on our DPs.

Bottom line - No matter what TFC FO cannot win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks but realistically...If we get a good transfer fee, this is good business. We couldn't (well, shouldn't and wouldn't) pay Seba this kind of money and his worth is going down with age, this is the last season he had any resale value at all. If we pocket a transfer fee and use it + the open wages to bring in a young, quality DP, yes they won't be Seba, but we're in a better position long term. Let's see what FO does here before we panic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U&P - we can win if we take the $15 Million transfer fee and $7Million/yr DP salary and get a top level striker in their prime (26-27) - we have shown it is possible. I will be really annoyed if we don’t reinvest it...and call this a rebuilding season. Which is a Toronto code word for not competing and cashing in the season ticket holders cheques.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't imagine him not leaving after all this. This is a sad end. Giovinco deserved a proper send off here.

If I'm guessing I think it's way more likely we replace him in the summer than before the season starts. The Seattle transfer strategy.

If he leaves before the season begins our slim CCL chances are well and truly shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad to say...maybe we should cash in on jozy while we can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sad to say...maybe we should cash in on jozy while we can.
    Lmao does anyone even want Jozy for a transfer fee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    U&P - we can win if we take the $15 Million transfer fee and $7Million/yr DP salary and get a top level striker in their prime (26-27) - we have shown it is possible. I will be really annoyed if we don’t reinvest it...and call this a rebuilding season. Which is a Toronto code word for not competing and cashing in the season ticket holders cheques.
    Might take til summer to identify the right player. That’d be annoying but I’d live with it.

Change of GM timing not ideal but no fault of Curtis. Given he’ll own these next signings I think it’s important they are his choices.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Most of this league - all of the Championship in England - half of the Dutch league - most of the Belgian league.

Then there is Mexico.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its silly season...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Oh I agree 100% but the way it is here unless they introduce the new star at the same press conference that they announce Giovinco leaving then it will cost saving, penny pinching, mismanaging TFC 2011 all over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Most of this league - all of the Championship in England - half of the Dutch league - most of the Belgian league.

Then there is Mexico.
    No one in England is touching him, and there's no way he'd want to go back. Dutch and Mexican leagues are a shout. But what would we get for him? 2 maybe 3 million?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've got to have a list of Seba replacements. If they don't then they're ridiculously stupid. I'm sure they're working to see if they can actually acquire any, that'll likely determine whether or not Seba leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you want the club to treat him..he has been a whining brat for 2 years...jus cave and and sign him at 8 to 10 mil a year?

i'm sorry but that seems to me a massive exaggeration - we're talking football, a world game, not North american sport league mentality. This happens all the time, players want to know whats going on and they have options. There's not one major league like NA sports but many, England, spain, France, Italy Germany, and now China and the Middle East, let alone Mexico etc. Seba expressed through all of this he'd prefer Toronto but wanted to know.

I think MLSE blew it, big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've got to have a list of Seba replacements. If they don't then they're ridiculously stupid. I'm sure they're working to see if they can actually acquire any, that'll likely determine whether or not Seba leaves.
    im sure they do...before they signed seba.they had 4 or 5 on there target list.the beauty about seba is that he came on a free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if the possible Giovinco movement is why we didn't move to add players following Vazquez departure. Changes a lot of things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one in England is touching him..
    The Championship is known for flyers sometimes. But more likely Mexio. We'd get a fee. Every team in MLS who had a DP slot open would take him today.

The issue with Jozy is his salary demands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read that Ibrahim Affelay requested his contact be cancelled at Stoke. Decent player with a good pedigree. At 32 he's not as quick as he used to be, but I could see him doing well in VV spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The Championship is known for flyers sometimes. But more likely Mexio. We'd get a fee. Every team in MLS who had a DP slot open would take him today.

The issue with Jozy is his salary demands.
    I don't know every MLS team would pick him up on that salary and with his injury history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nani being shopped around MLS. If we want a short term Seba replacement it's him. I'd be so behind this move as well.

Nani on a 2 year deal would be unreal. Even better if we could somehow swing it on TAM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nani being shopped around MLS. If we want a short term Seba replacement it's him. I'd be so behind this move as well.

Nani on a 2 year deal would be unreal. Even better if we could somehow swing it on TAM.
    TAM is all he's worth and even that's pushing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i'm sorry but that seems to me a massive exaggeration - we're talking football, a world game, not North american sport league mentality. This happens all the time, players want to know whats going on and they have options. There's not one major league like NA sports but many, England, spain, France, Italy Germany, and now China and the Middle East, let alone Mexico etc. Seba expressed through all of this he'd prefer Toronto but wanted to know.

I think MLSE blew it, big time.
    money talks my friend...athletes are mercenaries..i dont blame him for taking that money,of course he going to say i wanna stay in toronto..because he has got a contract here.i bet you the min he got that 10 mil 3yr offer.i can hear him saying start the car.
    Last edited by reggie; 01-28-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like him...but i think they will go the younger route.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how we can answer the question about what Seba is worth to MLSE without knowing more about 2018 TV ratings.

My sense is that they were terrible but a quick google search turns up nothing. Anybody know?

If they were still generally doing 50-100K a night for the typical game, the season after a championship....
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I don’t think he expected that kind of money here. The upper end of the market now is Martinez. 31 goals, 6 assists, $5 million. Giovinco had 13 goals, 16 assists last year I believe. I leave it to you to decide where that puts him salary-wise but certainly in the same ballpark give or take. Everything we’ve heard is TFC was having no salary extension conversation.

I’m pissed that this is how the best player in our history is treated personally. Also I see no plan for replacing him. Maybe there is, that remains to be seen. We were told this year we would be back to contending, with a few tweaks. This isn’t tweaking now.
    This is how I feel.

Also, for all the FIFA managers out there, how many DP's have been successful in our history? Three and maybe Kouvermans. Saying "Seba's not worth X" assumes we will get a like for like replacement. Its not bloody likely.

Totally different than Vazquez. I loved the player but he is carrying serious and long term injury problems. Seba may have lost a step but he is still Seba.