Page 70 of 191 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 5725
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Ah thanks.

Best to wait then. Carlisle is also a real journalist.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted the post because I'm revising what I think.

Both reports can be correct. Kloke's article opens with Giovinco leaves camp and then says another source said a transfer is in the works. Carlisle's report does not deny he left camp nor the transfer in the works.
    Last edited by portu; 01-28-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow the wheels falling off before the season starts.. this is disappointing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some people on Twitter reporting the money for the deal. Others say he’s just seeing a doctor. Guess we’ll have to wait the day out.

This is so the wrong way for this to all end in my opinion. I’m so pissed at the club right now for not signing him to an extension when they should have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Deleted the post because I'm revising what I think.

Both reports can be correct. Kloke's article opens with Giovinco leaves camp and then says another source said a transfer is in the works. Carlisle's report does not deny he left camp nor the transfer in the works.
    Big difference though between Kloke's "left camp & returned to Toronto" and Carlisle's "seeing a doctor in LA regarding tightness in his leg."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where is the prez these days...maybe he is busy scouting the senior bowl for the argos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Big difference though between Kloke's "left camp & returned to Toronto" and Carlisle's "seeing a doctor in LA regarding tightness in his leg."
    Yeah realize this now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny because I'm pretty sure this is how Seba arrived with us.. in a whirlwind of tweets and press reports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Yeah realize this now.
    Another source is saying his agent asked for the visit to the doctor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Another source is saying his agent asked for the visit to the doctor.
    Private medical for Al-Hilal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen tweets from some Saudi's saying that the Al-Hillal president is in LA. That was before Carlisles tweets too.

Also Italian journos are getting in on the act and saying it's a done deal for 10M a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    I've seen tweets from some Saudi's saying that the Al-Hillal president is in LA. That was before Carlisles tweets too.

Also Italian journos are getting in on the act and saying it's a done deal for 10M a year.
    All kinds of craziness...the rumour was his agent met with Al Hilal in Milan. Now in L.A.? who knows what to believe. If he does go and the club didn't offer a 3 year extension at the same as he is making now then I cant blame him that much. That said, no chance i move a young family to Saudi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is everybody so pissed..this happens in futbol every day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think loosing one of your star players a week before the season kicks off warrants some kind of reaction from the support no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    I think loosing one of your star players a week before the season kicks off warrants some kind of reaction from the support no?
    Honestly don’t respond.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rumour from the Gazzerta Dello Sport (Italian sports paper) is that Giovonco has agreed to a 3 - $30 milllion deal.

Al Hilal is now trying to work out the transfer fee with TFC.

If all all reports are true then it’s an end of an era... thanks for the memories but Seba at 32 is not a $10 million dollar a year player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    If Seba leaves, MLSE will quickly discover that paying him $10 mil per season would be far cheaper than the millions lost at empty BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Its not as much loosing Seba, but the way its happening. That's all on the FO and mismanagement. Amazing that this shit still happens, you'd think they'd have learned by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like all player movements, have to judge the departure by who arrives. Seems unlikely that there was a back pocket contingency for this happening. Maybe there is, I don't know.

I foresee town hall meetings in our near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately the plan will be to ride out the first half of the season to see how the youth/low cost roster movement goes. If the wheels are off by the summer transfer window they will try to bring in someone big to help sell seasons tickets.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 years ago - we were gearing up to play LA in the Dome.

7 years from now - we will be gearing up for the World Cup here in Toronto.

How to sustain the momentum of what will happen in 7 years requires a base to be built to justify a stadium expansion. This is the thing I don't think the US based journos get. Minnesotta is not Toronto - we are not just happy to have a team. People are not going to show up without a decent product to watch. Seba was ALWAYS worth the price of admission, to anybody, not just us diehards. He was spectacular.

Without a really really good creative force (and as much as I like Jozy, he needs that creative player around him to succeed), this team will not look good enough to sustain 22K of memberships and a 31K+ stadium.

Seba, Jozy & Bradley have built the base. Now its time for TFC to add the next layers to build a sustainable structure towards the a 45K stadium that the WC will have in 7 years.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 01-28-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    The rumour from the Gazzerta Dello Sport (Italian sports paper) is that Giovonco has agreed to a 3 - $30 milllion deal.

Al Hilal is now trying to work out the transfer fee with TFC.

If all all reports are true then it’s an end of an era... thanks for the memories but Seba at 32 is not a $10 million dollar a year player.
    The rumour is 30 Million Euros a year. https://twitter.com/NicoSchira/statu...77032731856896

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    The rumour is 30 Million Euros a year. https://twitter.com/NicoSchira/statu...77032731856896
    10 million.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    7 years ago - we were gearing up to play LA in the Dome.

7 years from now - we will be gearing up for the World Cup here in Toronto.

How to sustain the momentum of what will happen in 7 years requires a based to be built to justify a stadium expansion. This is the thing I don't think the US based journos get. Minnesotta is not Toronto - we are not just happy to have a team. People are not going to show up without a decent product to watch. Seba was ALWAYS worth the price of admission, to anybody, not just us diehards. He was spectacular.

Without a really really good creative force (and as much as I like Jozy, he needs that creative player around him to succeed), this team will not look good enough to sustain 22K of memberships and a 31K+ stadium.

Seba, Jozy & Bradley have built the base. Now its time for TFC to add the next layers to build a sustainable structure towards the a 45K stadium that the WC will have in 7 years.
    Well said.

It’s amazing how quickly 4 years of good will can evaporate. And I mean evaporate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 million a year would make him one of the top 7 or so paid players in the world - he's not getting that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remember people we had 38 points last year with this roster...seba missed a boat load of pks and lost his range on free kicks.players do decline with age..no way we can pay him that kind of money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seba was ALWAYS worth the price of admission, to anybody, not just us diehards. He was spectacular.
    Agree 100%
    He is not irreplaceable, but I highly doubt we will get an equivalent replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Falls on management for not doing any forward thinking. This should have been anticipated at the end of last year. I am sure renewals or the potential of non renewals were a part of this decision to hold off on player extensions. Season ticket from day 1 so I have seen it all. This is right up there with all the previous cluster fucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    remember people we had 38 points last year with this roster...seba missed a boat load of pks and lost his range on free kicks.players do decline with age..no way we can pay him that kind of money
    Look at his stats last year compared to Martinez. He should be in the same pay range.

Fact is, we don’t know what he could have been signed for because TFC refused to discuss contract with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Look at his stats last year compared to Martinez. He should be in the same pay range.

Fact is, we don’t know what he could have been signed for because TFC refused to discuss contract with him.
    what is martinez making and old is he...yes seba should be in that range 4 to 5 range at the most