Page 69 of 191 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Looking at those highlights above: I miss Cheyrou...
    Anyone know why he left the academy and went back to France?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Apparently to continue his coaching badges.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Cheyrou was paid very little his last year playing for TFC. I wouldn't be surprised if that was also part of a handshake deal: coach for our academy for a couple more months, we'll pay a good salary for that time, and you can make your mind up regarding what you'll do next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    What a joy it was to see three quality European league midfielders on the field at the same time when Cheyrou, Vazquez and Bradley played together.

Great days but too few minutes.
    Yeah that was a beautiful combination.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspect he just went home to be near family. He made millions, a 100K a year job in a high cost place to live far from home isn’t compelling. Benoit was interviewed on TV a few weeks ago. When asked what he was doing, he said cooking, looking after his kids, and doing other things he never could do as a footballer.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/...u-1583930.html

It’s a shame for us. I wish there was a way for him to stay involved here.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-27-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the latest KJ & Caldwell podcast, they lamented Cheyrou leaving - Caldwell says the team has to figure out how to keep players as Reds after they leave. Problem for me with that is when you bring your family over here,not everybody wants to stay, or can - not everybody can be a Caldwell.

We don't know the Cheyrou situation but think of a guy like Ciman. From what we can figure, he is living in Montreal with his kid getting support. Is he going to take a job here after he leaves? Doubtful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benoit mentioned spending time with relatives in that interview. It's a tough one to solve for.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the latest KJ & Caldwell podcast, they lamented Cheyrou leaving - Caldwell says the team has to figure out how to keep players as Reds after they leave. Problem for me with that is when you bring your family over here, not everybody wants to stay, or can - not everybody can be a Caldwell.
    .... or Dichio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    .... or Dichio.
    Dichio forever living off the hype of that first goal. Commentary gig and coaching jobs. He's smart cashing in on that life. Anyone else scores that first goal, he's got none of that.

Biggest goal in TFC history (bigger than that Altidore mls cup goal) haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Dichio forever living off the hype of that first goal. Commentary gig and coaching jobs. He's smart cashing in on that life. Anyone else scores that first goal, he's got none of that.

Ya, sure. We all make the best of our respective situations. If it wasn't him, it'd be somebody else. More power to him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post

It was way more than the first goal.

If you don’t understand that, it cannot be explained to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

skimming through the past few pages- people are badmouthing giovinco? and jozy/bradley? that shit is shameful yo. I'm fucking embarrassed to even be associated with 'fans' that believe that. Shameful. Straight up shameful. Every time I come back I remember even more why I left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://theathletic.com/788498/2019/...r-takes-shape/

This transfer fee better be fucking big. And the FO better have a replacement ready to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well good morning everybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy fucking Monday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They’re going to regret this decision really fast. I don’t see them bringing a replacement that can live up to Seba’s accomplishments here.
    Last edited by khso11; 01-28-2019 at 06:54 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like good old WTFC is back, especially if you consider the overall player & management transactions of last year and this off-season.

And looking at every single move in isolation (incl. Bez), they somehow make some sense, for the individual and/or the club. Added up, they're devastating, and a far cry from the "stability + minor improvement" mantra that Manning had us sold on.

CCL starts in a few weeks. Little time to find & sign players + complete transfer formalities + integrate them into the team. (Panic signings would be even worse.)

The plan to rotate players heavily between CCL & MLS to avoid last years injury disaster, looks pretty naive so for. "Thankfully" TFC will have little chance beyond Independiente (and even beating them is a stretch) so I believe our CCL campaign will be mercifully short this year.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-28-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is kind of inevitable. Seba doesn’t know that whatever deal this is will be there in 6 months.

Guys with options will take those options.

The team thought it had options with Seba but, really, it doesn’t.

I have refrained from posting this because I would prefer keeping our current DPs... but sadly I think it's over...

—————————————

The obvious short term move is to rent Alessandrini from the Galaxy. They can probably get this done by the end of the day if they want. Vanney has serious French ties, and was there in the offseason. He has spoken multiple times about needing width. Mavinga and Alessandrini played together at Rennes. (This idea would be even more obvious if Cheyrou were still here given Alessandrini's Marseille DNA)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-28-2019 at 07:43 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have to trust Kloke, and Giovinco not playing vs LAFC in pre-season is a sure sign.

A couple of thoughts: I'm assuming Giovinco leaving would mean a decent transfer fee, since they didn't want to let him go? However since he's DP (and not on TAM and GAM), transfer fees would go into MLSE's pockets, and for them to decide how to spend, but only on other DPs (or keep the money in pocket).

Do we know if TFC got a decent transfer fee for Vazquez? If yes, can that be spent on other players? Is it converted to allocation dollars? (And if they didn't get a big transfer fee for Vazquez, who had more time remaining on his contract than Giovinco, and a much lower salary, that would have been another incentive for Giovinco's agent to play hardball.)

I'm wondering if the recent reports "Vazquez was significantly underpaid, they basically had to let him go" was just more club spin. I can see Vazquez starting his first TFC contract with low pay, as he wanted to get out of Mexico asap. But why the hell would he have signed the later extension with TFC unless he felt it was a good deal for him?
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-28-2019 at 07:48 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Settle what?

This is Pique's tweet before Neymar transferred to PSG

https://twitter.com/3gerardpique/sta...27585137385472
    Prescient?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am totally in the mood at this point to watch a classic '80 movie, taking be back to a simpler time, an age of innocence.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is toying with who here ...

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is kind of inevitable. Seba doesn’t know that whatever deal this is will be there in 6 months.

Guys with options will take those options.

The team thought it had options with Seba but, really, it doesn’t.

I have refrained from posting this because I would prefer keeping our current DPs... but sadly I think it's over...

—————————————

The obvious short term move is to rent Alessandrini from the Galaxy. They can probably get this done by the end of the day if they want. Vanney has serious French ties, and was there in the offseason. He has spoken multiple times about needing width. Mavinga and Alessandrini played together at Rennes. (This idea would be even more obvious if Cheyrou were still here given Alessandrini's Marseille DNA)
    Alessandrini for VdW?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Alessandrini for VdW?
    Zero chance of that. Ibra and vdW got into a big dustup at PSG. (some people point to that episode as prior evidence of vdW's issues, but best I can tell, it isn’t)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC is off the rails.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if the recent reports "Vazquez was significantly underpaid, they basically had to let him go" was just more club spin. I can see Vazquez starting his first TFC contract with low pay, as he wanted to get out of Mexico asap. But why the hell would he have signed the later extension with TFC unless he felt it was a good deal for him?
    I have argued this from the very first day. Vanney pushed this line hard in the recent KJ and Caldwell podcast.”We got a DP for non-DP money, what could we do when he got offered what he deserves to make?”

It's sports. Vanney and Manning need a narrative here, fine, but the truth is, a 30 year old sitting on the bench at Cruz Azul is not a DP, and as you say, he signed a new deal 8 months ago. I am certain VV got more, but in the context of uprooting his family, moving to Qatar etc, there is more to it than money, imho.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-28-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont get much done at work this morning. I will be refreshing my phone every 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am inclined to believe Kloke, a journalist with a very good TFC track record and massive sources here, over an ESPN reporter's “league” source, but I guess we need to see who else confirms what.

Kloke's TFC book is very good btw. Recommend.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club needs to get out in front of this one way shape or form.

Team needs to bring in somebody this week, regardless of how/when Giovinco leaves - if only to look like they are moving forward.