Page 44 of 191 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro also stated on his twitter that it looks like Jordan Hamilton is coming back too.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh is in camp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Exactly. This is no reflection on TFC.
    Why are you and others so adamant about shutting down a reasonable line of enquiry?

It could absolutely be a reflection on TFC, you don’t know that.

Victor was very settled here,he made public statements about how well his family settled, he signed a multi year deal only 9 months ago,

Oh and by the way the GM who signed him just quit, we have signed absolutely nobody in the offseason, and our two best players went public with their problems last night....

It may all be a blip in the road, or a coincidence. But suggesting otherwise isn’t paranoia.

If I am Seba or Jozy, this is demoralizing, at a minimum.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-15-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, we signed Ciman & reupped on Auro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney said they’re in the final stages of securing a 3rd keeper.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To be fair, we signed Ciman & reupped on Auro.
    OK Ciman is meaningful I guess. But he feels like a replacement for Moor (who feels like a replacement for Hernandez). On the list of MLS offseason moves, is it on the top 10?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ensco has a really good point... we may be looking at a very controlled implosion at TFC right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Vasquez making 4 million per year. Almost tripled his salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    & there you have it...Money talks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    & there you have it...Money talks
    Money, coach buddy, weather. 3 DPs have yet to be renewed, GM left, no real off season signings, crazy CCL schedule again.
    He already won here and doesn't see it happening again...He would be certifiable if he turned down the Qatar deal at 4M/year....maybe only 8 months out of the full year he has to live there.
    Last edited by shwade; 01-15-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Fuck. This club is really going to burn the good will it's built in the last 5 seasons to save money.
    I hope the front office rembers the damage the Jays did selling off their World Series team, starting with Jimmy Key in ‘92. Took them 20 years to recover. VV ok, he’s hurt and getting huge money. But Seba, Bradley, Jozy - they are the core.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    This is a must-watch interview: https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/animated-giovinco-reiterates-desire-to-stay-in-toronto-we-want-to-close-our-career-here~1586327

I don't know what Curtis is thinking but it's clear both Seba and Jozy want new contracts, and I think they know they might not be getting them. Seba particularly seems dumbfounded he hasn't been extended yet.
    Thats a very odd interview. To me Jozy has been told no, Seba yes, but on our terms. I think Manning needs to tread very carefully here. Very.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I hope the front office rembers the damage the Jays did selling off their World Series team, starting with Jimmy Key in ‘92. Took them 20 years to recover. VV ok, he’s hurt and getting huge money. But Seba, Bradley, Jozy - they are the core.
    I dont care if they keep the DPs I care that if they get rid of them there is a suitable replacement. Basically get rid of Jozy and pick-up David Villa is okay. But get rid of Jozy and pick up BWP is not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    VV ok, he’s hurt and getting huge money. But Seba, Bradley, Jozy - they are the core.
    There's only so long you can tie your cart to a cycle. I think we could get a couple more years out of them but at some point, when players are in their 30's, you have to start thinking about the future. Plus none of us know what any of them are looking for minus the rumor of $8M for Giovinco but that also didn't have a term listed with it. I would imagine they all want 3+ years. Is it worth it? Possibly, but it's also very risky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont care if they keep the DPs I care that if they get rid of them there is a suitable replacement. Basically get rid of Jozy and pick-up David Villa is okay. But get rid of Jozy and pick up BWP is not.
    Except BWP is better than both of them and more durable. If Jozy was durable he would be worth the price at any term. I don't see his durability improving though as he goes into his 30's.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 01-15-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What? Why would you take Villa over BWP?
    BWP is younger, played more games and scored at the same pace...his value seems higher than Villa when talking about a substitution for Jozy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why are you and others so adamant about shutting down a reasonable line of enquiry?

It could absolutely be a reflection on TFC, you don’t know that.

Victor was very settled here,he made public statements about how well his family settled, he signed a multi year deal only 9 months ago,

Oh and by the way the GM who signed him just quit, we have signed absolutely nobody in the offseason, and our two best players went public with their problems last night....

It may all be a blip in the road, or a coincidence. But suggesting otherwise isn’t paranoia.

If I am Seba or Jozy, this is demoralizing, at a minimum.
    100% agree
    smoke = fire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I have a lot of trouble believing that. Nobody has ever heard of Victor, he doesn’t put bums in seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this didn’t take that long eh? Have two good seasons and now back to same old shit of letting key pieces go just before the season starts. I hope this organization does not decide to go cheap because if they do bye bye 20000 season tickets and hello Argo sized crowds just wait and see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a lot of trouble believing that. Nobody has ever heard of Victor, he doesn’t put bums in seats.
    Do they need bums in seats? Who else do they have? Do they just need a guy who can pull the strings to get the most out of whoever they have at forward?

For us $4M is large. For Qatar it's nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I love the thought of VV, Gio or Jozy finishing their careers in Toronto, I would rather have a championship contending team every year.

The existing core may be the current DPs but the long-term success (fan support and financial) of the franchise depends on its ability to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gabi is making 9 million euros a season over there. I can see them paying Vasquez 4. Money is nothing to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Money, coach buddy, weather. 3 DPs have yet to be renewed, GM left, no real off season signings, crazy CCL schedule again.
    He already won here and doesn't see it happening again...He would be certifiable if he turned down the Qatar deal at 4M/year....maybe only 8 months out of the full year he has to live there.
    and it's tax free...so in effect it is twice that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xavi is on 10M a year and plays for a team with a 12k capacity stadium.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He would be stupid not to take that deal at his age. This is a good retirement package. Way better pay than here and easier overall on the body.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The talk about Osorio, Auro, Janson, Hamilton, Endoh worries me. All good players, but still...

I also realize that any talk, from both club & from players, plus any "leaks" all likely all have agendas behind them: really hard to tell what those are.

One note: there are different ways to "go cheap." For example, Josef Martínez was making $1.3 million at Atlanta; Almiron $1.9 - 2.3 million (their highest-paid player). I'm also surprised how many players they had in the $600k to $700k range; no idea how they did that.

EDIT Thinking about it, that's actually pretty smart. I forgot that the max. budget charge per player is now $505k. It looks like TFC was blowing most of their TAM/GAM on two players: Vazquez & Aketxe, and a little on vdW & Mavinga. Atlanta spread that wider and got a bunch of decent players. Also a smart way to "go cheap" IMO. For example, less chance of a huge chunk of your salary tied up in a few injuries (incl. the DPs), or "misfits" (Aketxe). Plus how much TAM/GAM do we have tied up in Osorio now? I really hope that works out...
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-15-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    One note: there are different ways to "go cheap." For example, Josef Martínez was making $1.3 million at Atlanta; Almiron $1.9 - 2.3 million. I'm also surprised how many players they had in the $600k to $700k range; no idea how they did that.
    Yeah you don't need huge superstars to be successful. If the player is great then they will be a superstar after they prove it.

As for their accumulation of $600-$700K players, they got a heap of start up allocation money like all the expansion clubs do now. If only when we started we got a break. They pretty much stacked everything against us back then with roster limitations and budget (and giving us Mo).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly wish him well and am happy for him if he got a silly payday.

I disagree with virtually every post arguing that “money is nothing” to Qatar, or that because Xavi got $10M, VV getting $4M makes sense. It doesn’t work like that, and Qataris aren’t idiots. Middle eastern clubs certainly do, sometimes, wildly over pay for name Spanish and Italian players.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-15-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy who broke everything (Ciman, Bez, Vasquez) is saying Gio and Altidore are asking for 8 million a piece. What drugs are these guys on? Altidore asking to paid double after being injured for a full season? Gio has his worst statical season during MLS play, and asking for raise? No wonder this at a stalemate. If they hold those numbers, they’re both gone. I think TFC would be willing to pay Gio 4-5 million a season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly wish him well and am happy for him if he got a silly payday.

I disagree with virtually every post arguing that “money is nothing” to Qatar, or that because Xavi got $10M, VV getting $4M makes sense. It doesn’t work like that, and Qataris aren’t idiots. Middle eastern clubs certainly do, sometimes, wildly over pay for name Spanish and Italian players.
    Agree they aren't idiots and that's why it makes sense. An idiot would overpay based on a name and for butts in seats. Smart people want a player that can make you win, which VV has proven in tougher leagues, regardless of how big his name is.