Page 40 of 191 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    That would be good. Sort of replaces Hasler and Raheem. Sort of, in the sense of being a look off the bench who can create space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet we get Hasler back here soon. Just a hunch.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I bet we get Hasler back here soon. Just a hunch.
    Bakero + 51k GAM for Hasler. C'mon Ali, undo the only mistake Bez never fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why would we want hasler back...he is a dime a doz player.and he would take up a import spot.if we get jansen back we wont have any spots left

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The desire for Hasler reminds me of Darcey Tucker love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. Think we may sign him in the long run.
    I think that we are probably ironing out the details with Tigre with the intention of signing him to a DP contract after next season once the big 3 are up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be surprised if the loan included a triggerable obligation to buy (plays certain # of games etc).

Tigre might feel a little burned that we want to extend the loan but not purchase the player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The desire for Hasler reminds me of Darcey Tucker love.
    Aww cmon be fair. It’s not like Tucker. The guy was a good fit here, you need utility guys, and, if we have an international spot, his number is friendly.

I am under no illusions about his true value. I expect if he comes it'd be on the heels of the Fire releasing him. Or trading him for a bag of balls.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww cmon be fair. It’s not like Tucker. The guy was a good fit here, you need utility guys, and, if we have an international spot, his number is friendly.

I am under no illusions about his true value. I expect if he comes it'd be on the heels of the Fire releasing him. Or trading him for a bag of balls.
    And Hasler fills a need for a winger. I'd much rather have Hasler here on 150k plus INT spot then DeLeon on 300k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    why would we want hasler back...he is a dime a doz player.and he would take up a import spot.if we get jansen back we wont have any spots left
    No, he is a lot better than some dime a doz, and was a great fit here in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are rumors of Hasler signing for Panionios in Greece

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that was a (somewhat) non-sensical move in the name of clearing enough cap space to get Janson.

You’d think there could have been some other way. I was pretty bummed for the guy (sounded like he was a tad blindsided by it).

I’ll take Edwards back too as soon as we can. It pains me to see him played as a wide forward. Understand he spent a lot of time there earlier in his career but I think at the pro level (and for Canada) he needs to make that LB spot his. Seemed like he was well on his way to doing that at TFC. Just needed to tighten up the defensive side of the game slightly.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-11-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It seems to me that was a (somewhat) non-sensical move in the name of clearing enough cap space to get Janson.

You’d think there could have been some other way. I was pretty bummed for the guy (sounded like he was a tad blindsided by it).

I’ll take Edwards back too as soon as we can. It pains me to see him played as a wide forward. Understand he spent a lot of time there earlier in his career but I think at the pro level (and for Canada) he needs to make that LB spot his. Seemed like he was well on his way to doing that at TFC. Just needed to tighten up the defensive side of the game slightly.
    I agree with this. We never replaced the width and speed of Edwards or the agility and crosses of Hasler (or Beitashour in my view but thats a different topic). And its not a coincidence that Ricketts was less effective without width. We know this is true because Bez spoke about adding width and speed and they have tried with Janson (which is not what he brings, although he does bring a good skill level)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bryan Ruiz available on a free from Santos.

If if you could get him on a short term deal at a decent number (eg 300K), he'd be an interesting Altidore backup solution. He’s very good technically, would pair well with Gio and/or Vazquez. We need someone up front for CCL, we have a big problem right now.

Matias Fernandez is a similar player and would be really interesting too but is apparently going to Cinci. I wonder if there is a Bez/Manning back story on that.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-12-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Ruiz not more of a #10 or a hybrid vs. an out-and-our target man? Maybe my memory is fuzzy here but I seem to recall that being his style of play

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Ruiz not more of a #10 or a hybrid vs. an out-and-our target man? Maybe my memory is fuzzy here but I seem to recall that being his style of play
    Yeah pretty sure he's a 10, Werder we're looking at him a while back with the intention of playing him there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    And Hasler fills a need for a winger. I'd much rather have Hasler here on 150k plus INT spot then DeLeon on 300k.
    If DeLeaon stays healthy he will be the surprise signing of the season .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ruiz is being shopped around MLS according to Paul Tenorio.

Tenorio is also reporting that RSL is looking to move Plata. Just throwing this out there - would you rather have Plata or Janson as our main winger/flex attacker?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely a 10. Same with Fernandez btw. But quality.

My thought is that with him and Vazquez under Gio at striker, you have an elite attack with three guys that know how to play elite football.

One of the challenges of the “Hamilton” type solution (sub in your typical MLS sub striker here, say Derrick Etienne, if you think I am being unfair to Hamilton) is that they just do not have the experience you need to combine with guys of Gio's or Vazquez's pedigree. Attackers are rarely any good as youngsters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love Ruiz. Don’t see how you fit all of Vazquez, Ruiz, Giovinco on the field at the same time. We’ll get murdered on the counter attack.

Could easily fit as a sub though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Ruiz is being shopped around MLS according to Paul Tenorio.

Tenorio is also reporting that RSL is looking to move Plata. Just throwing this out there - would you rather have Plata or Janson as our main winger/flex attacker?
    Janson.

Younger and far less petulant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camp is about to open and yet again we're not done making roster moves. For a club that has previously enjoyed stating how prepared they are in advance of windows, they sure do have issues making signings in a timely fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not sure what we should expect. There might not be any big moves coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not sure what we should expect. There might not be any big moves coming.
    The Janson/forward signing should be done by now tho (if its ever going to happen)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez off to Qatar for 500k. Opens up a spot. Wonder if it goes to Janson or someone else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasquez off to Qatar for 500k. Opens up a spot. Wonder if it goes to Janson or someone else
    Speculation or real?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that a fact??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Speculation or real?
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    is that a fact??
    Heard it from a dude that told me about Ciman a week or two before it happened.
    Didnt say anything because he asked me not to but he tweeted this so figured its ok.
    Know him well enough, not some stranger i met on the subway.
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 01-14-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s an interesting move and opens up a lot of possibilities. I expect something more than Janson in return for offloading him. Otherwise we’re just downgrading our roster

I wonder if we’re in for Mac Alister? That was the most logical name as a replacement we’ve been linked to in the last 12 months. Sounds like he has better options though at this stage.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-14-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah vv curious. Apparently the transfer fee was the sticking issue for Janson.