Page 26 of 191 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Opening the season March 2nd in Philly.

Home Opener is Sunday March 17th at 130pm vs the Revs
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC passed on picking anyone up in the 2nd round of the reentry draft; can't wait to see next move

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Spendlhofer rumors are everywhere now.

Said to be in "serious talks" for joining TFC in January. This seems fairly likely now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel Lovitz was called up to the USMNT in January. Not a transfer rumour, nor about us (directly), but interesting. Good for him.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Daniel Lovitz was called up to the USMNT in January. Not a transfer rumour, nor about us (directly), but interesting. Good for him.
    This thread is about TFC player moves.

Perhaps you want the banter thread? http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-banter/page25
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do ya'll think about Spendlhofer, don't know much about him personally. Seems like a big strong CB with limited passing skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spendlhofer was in the youth setup at Inter when Julio Cesar was there.

So there's that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

résiliation du contrat de Laurent Ciman à Dijon est en cours. Si tout se passe comme prévu, il se retrouvera à TORONTO. Les documents ne sont pas encore signés alors on doit se garder une petite gêne. #IMFC #TFC

Translated from French by Microsoft
    I can confirm that the process of terminating Laurent Ciman's contract in Dijon is underway. If everything goes as planned, he'll be in TORONTO. The documents are not yet signed so we have to keep a little embarrassment.

really can we stay away from the old guys ...jezzz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There isnt any real strong link to Spendlhofer. All the buzz is from the one tenuous rumor from Austria thats been aggregated. Dresden and St Pauli seem more likely to sign him.

The Ciman stuff seems legit as its come from an reliable Impact source.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Ciman is only a year younger than Drew Moor, but if he is healthy I would welcome him. Especially at the right price...
    My concern with shopping around for defenders that look good on paper is the lengthy learning curve that a defender faces. Differing teams, players, surfaces and stadiums, you can't just take a talent and then pop them into MLS. Chris Mavinga is a startling exception, not the norm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always have highly rated Ciman, that would be a great pickup. Not to mention the entertainment value of the complaints from the IMFC fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ciman is done..he is no better then moor. a slow ,short,past his prime cb...we are going to be hamstrung again this season with all the old guys.i w ill be very disappointed if bez moved up to the 2nd allo spot to pick him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman played in MLS and played very well, no? I like experienced CB, as long as the 2 donkeys aren't paired together, TFC's backline improves, imho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    ciman is done..he is no better then moor. a slow ,short,past his prime cb...we are going to be hamstrung again this season with all the old guys.i w ill be very disappointed if bez moved up to the 2nd allo spot to pick him.
    Than Reggie it's than. Grammar police

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Ciman is not subject to the allocation process.

Smart money for the allocation acquisition is still Omar Gonzalez or Fabian Johnson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Than Reggie it's than. Grammar police
    thx...blame my phone lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Ciman is not subject to the allocation process.

Smart money for the allocation acquisition is still Omar Gonzalez or Fabian Johnson.
    Paul TenorioVerified account @PaulTenorioFollowingFollowing
    @PaulTenorio

More

Paul Tenorio Retweeted Joshua Kloke
    Heard some rumblings about this, but interestingly Ciman is not listed on the public site for allocation, though I suppose he should be. Fee was reported "around $500k" which is the min for allocation list. Would explain why TFC moved up to No. 2.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, seems he does qualify for coming back via allocation, but who knows with MLS. Everything is always hush hush.

For the record, I’m alright with this signing if it happens. Rotate him + Moor alongside Mavinga, I think that’s a pretty decent CB pairing.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats some solid depth to have someone of his caliber and experience...and to stick it to Montreal for trading him even more
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman would be a good pickup, maybe even excellent, although it totally depends on what we are paying him and Moor combined. A combined cap hit of $500K, plus the cost of moving up, would still be less than the price for Waston. We can wear the injury risk at those kind of numbers.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly LAFC was interested in resigning Ciman but jettisoned him overseas once it became clear contract talks were going nowhere.

Let’s see the details. This is all about price IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Always have highly rated Ciman, that would be a great pickup. Not to mention the entertainment value of the complaints from the IMFC fans.
    I can see it already!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Same day Ciman rumour comes out. They also both speak Frenchand have ties to Ligue1 in France. Definitely confirming Ciman transfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciman might come back for less than expected. Ontario's ASD programs are just as good, if not better than Quebec's. I'm sure MLSE would not defund his daughter's therapy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I like this signing. Got to see the salary and tern first, but one things for sure, Ciman is one of the best passing CB’s in the league. Huge difference from Zavaleta and Hagglund. Where he does struggle though is in the air. Again, this all depends on the salary and term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably means nothing, but his caption says "Red....at least until next year"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

He fits in well with our time table and window. The Bradley era core will have 1 more year before they are all re-evaluated.

VV (31) Bradley (31) Giovinco (31) Ciman (33)

Between Moor and Ciman you can probably get 50 games out of them between the two of them for CC, regular season and playoffs. *gulps*

Mavinga being the other CB. Mavinga won't be able to play 50 games though so it would be great to dump Zavelta and find another younger/raw Mavinga at 250-300 k to be that 4th CB.

4 CB's is so necessary. If Hagglund is the 4th it's not the end of the world, just not ideal.

We are definitely an older team but also experienced. I don't know if that's good or bad yet but I'll be optimistic as I think they have plenty of quality soccer left in them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just as an FYI

Josh Kloke of the Athletic said on todays Footy Talks podcast that Vanney told him that he will be using DeLeon as an "Attacking Winger"

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Ciman might come back for less than expected. Ontario's ASD programs are just as good, if not better than Quebec's. I'm sure MLSE would not defund his daughter's therapy.
    MLSE has a strong reputation of treating their athletes really well, regardless of the sport.

While overall Ontario has good ASD treatment (for those with the cash), Montreal has some of the best treatment for French speaking ASD kids in the world. Ciman would likely either have his family stay in Montreal, or have his kid divide her treatment between Toronto and Montreal, with the Montreal therapists dealing with language acquisition issues.

I'm sure that Ciman will play extra hard against Montreal if the allegations of how he was treated are true.

Ciman should feel right at home here, with Vanney and Mavinga speaking French.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-21-2018 at 03:37 PM.