Page 20 of 191 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While this could be a CB move, I don't see any of Gonzalez or Miazga wanting to come back, and I doubt Bez would spend up to get Ream or Cameron.

Najar would really fill a need, he's an upgrade on Auro.

Same for Fabian Johnson, he's the number one guy out there in terms of allocation chatter, Goff has talked about him wanting to try MLS, and Cincinnati wants him too -but he might have to be a DP. details here on earlier Cinci dalliance...
    https://sports.yahoo.com/mcintyres-2...232741388.html

I worry this is a striker, there are several that jump out on that list that look like guys ready/willing to come back (Martins, Rivero) but they all would cost real money and/or be DPs, and all would be Altidore's .....sniff ..... replacement.

I suppose it could be Rubin but that would be a departure for us (ie buying players to develop them)
    Last edited by ensco; 12-10-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geoff Cameron at centreback could be interesting. He is currently on loan to QPR on loan after he fell out of favour at Stoke.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    1 in 2 if you include assists. Ricketts is an unfair comparison because you're neglecting the fact he can't pass and has no first touch or hold-up ability.

Agreed, you can do better, but we've also seen teams do a lot worse.
    Ricketts is an unfair comparison because he has 1/4 of the salary of Urruti.

We've also seen us already do better with Janson at half the price. Janson while with us got a goal or assist every 124 minutes compared to 154.5 minutes for Urruti.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I highly doubt Liam Millar will leave Liverpool at the moment
    He'll have to be preparing to leave soon enough and the summer is as good a time as any. He isn't going to make it at Liverpool so signing a new contract will only see him going on loan and he'll be 20 next season and done with u23s football. He is better off finding a permanent club. The Eredevisie or Belgium would be a good move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    Janson while with us got a goal or assist every 124 minutes compared to 154.5 minutes for Urruti.
    Not really apples to apples. Janson's strike rate as a striker was probably quite a bit lower than his overall rate due to the brace he got in the one game he played out wide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Orlando eventually get a transfer fee out of Besiktas? Cos if so then Larin would be on the list...(Edit: List was updated today and he is not on it)

Rubin also trashed MLS and the process around signing an MLS deal after he signed for Xolos so doubt its him.

My guess is Giancarlo Gonzalez. CB, big experience, isn't getting much game time at Bologna.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 12-10-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s almost all Reds! Take ‘em all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonzalez would make us the land of USMNT misfit toys. I would take him on TAM. Cameron is no fan of Bradley so I don't see that happening. Miazga would be a steal.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-10-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wasnt Vanney recently in Nantes where Miazga is playing..jus saying

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gonzalez would make us the land of USMNT misfit toys. I would take him on TAM. Cameron is no fan of Bradley so I don't see that happening. Miazga would be a steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Miazga is too young in my eyes to give up on Europe at this point, have to figure he is on a pretty wage since Chelsea signed him from the Red Bulls.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random thought:

Cincy has the #1 allocation slot.

What if they identified weeks ago to TFC that what they want for not using it is a certain Ohio raised defender of ours?

The way this all could go (just speculating here)

TFC identifies a possible allocation target or targets back in October.

They talk with Cincy to see what they want for the pick.

Cincy says they will only trade down to #2 but says what they would want to go there.

TFC makes Hagglund aware that something is likely to happen (thus the move by Hagglund to go to the south end one last time after the Atlanta game)

TFC feel out SJE to see what they want for the #2 slot. They come to an agreement - and its more then what a normal #2 gets you because SJE knows TFC wants that #2 slot.

That in hand, TFC continue feeling out/negotiating to get their allocation target lined up.

The target is lined up (and its pretty much guaranteed that somebody on that list is coming).

TFC pull the trigger on the SJE deal.

TFC wait to pull the trigger with Cinci for another day. (For some reason, most allocation grabs of the #1 slot happen within a day of the slot being used).

TFC get their guy.

I think we find out how this all works out by Thursday afternoon at the latest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Miazga is too young in my eyes to give up on Europe at this point, have to figure he is on a pretty wage since Chelsea signed him from the Red Bulls.
    I think if Miazga comes here it's on loan. Salary + transfer fee would make him a DP for sure.

Also, I doubt if we get a CB it's Miazga, the FO expressed at the end of the season they want a vocal presence and he's not that. I'm thinking Omar is the best bet on the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Paris and Lyon IIRC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    And a fair number of the them have already played for the Reds at one point or another.
    Noticed that as well! 8 out of 32 to be exact

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Obafemi's on a free right now just saying

But also I can see Bez salivating at adding any of the players I have in bold.

Note: Whoever we get Bez has to know that Cincinatti wouldn't claim them (or that Cincy is using their spot) if he only traded for the 2 spot
    Or Bez could be interested in more than one player on the allocation order list, so that if Cincy takes one of them, the other(s) are still available. And as noted that list may be out of date. (EDIT Just read that an update list is now available.)
    Last edited by Auzzy; 12-10-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Random thought:

Cincy has the #1 allocation slot.

What if they identified weeks ago to TFC that what they want for not using it is a certain Ohio raised defender of ours?

The way this all could go (just speculating here)

TFC identifies a possible allocation target or targets back in October.

They talk with Cincy to see what they want for the pick.

Cincy says they will only trade down to #2 but says what they would want to go there.

TFC makes Hagglund aware that something is likely to happen (thus the move by Hagglund to go to the south end one last time after the Atlanta game)

TFC feel out SJE to see what they want for the #2 slot. They come to an agreement - and its more then what a normal #2 gets you because SJE knows TFC wants that #2 slot.

That in hand, TFC continue feeling out/negotiating to get their allocation target lined up.

The target is lined up (and its pretty much guaranteed that somebody on that list is coming).

TFC pull the trigger on the SJE deal.

TFC wait to pull the trigger with Cinci for another day. (For some reason, most allocation grabs of the #1 slot happen within a day of the slot being used).

TFC get their guy.
    I'm thinking something very similar to what you're thinking, but I get the feeling that we're going to see a Raheem Edwards type of Scenario:

- TFC know that Cinci would like Hagglund and Cinci gets their pick of players in the expansion draft.
    - Cinci grabs a CB or other player that has MLS analysts going, "whut?" (Mikey Ambrose? Florian Valot? Yangel Herrera? Axel Sjoberg?)
    - Cinci flips the pick or picks to TFC in exchange for Hagglund (and possibly more)
    - TFC picks up a player in Allocation (Matt Miazga?)
    - Boom, revamped TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yaya Toure is a free agent. He and Olympiacos have mutually agreed to cancel his contract.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Yaya Toure is a free agent. He and Olympiacos have mutually agreed to cancel his contract.
    pass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: the talk of Urruti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, that changes desirability a fair amount. Good luck Mtl with that one...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AT $700K Urruti was a bad deal.

At near max TAM he is a typical Montreal signing. They can have him and his 8-11 goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How stupid is Montreal? That's a terrible deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Year after year they keep raising the stupid bar so it's really hard to tell how stupid they could yet become.

Almost time for Crazy Joey to fire the entire coaching staff again and start over with another new manager with no MLS experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something to keep an eye on. From a beat writer for the Galaxy

MLS owners are meeting Wednesday and the Board of Governors meets Thursday amid rumors that changes to the league’s salary structure are being discussed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Something to keep an eye on. From a beat writer for the Galaxy
    I was expecting something like this. Been hearing that some changes were coming to the salary structure. Also could explain the Galaxy signing Zlatan to a DP deal while they still got the other 3 DPs on the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I was expecting something like this. Been hearing that some changes were coming to the salary structure. Also could explain the Galaxy signing Zlatan to a DP deal while they still got the other 3 DPs on the roster.
    There has been loads of talk of them buying out GDS or paying down Allesdrini with TAM but, eh, it's the Galaxy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I thought rumours a few weeks or months ago were: going from 3 to 2 DPs; but more allocation (& salary cap?) budget so that the overall spending doesn't necessarily decrease; just spread out a bit more...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May have to pour cold water over the idea of us getting Juninho. He reportedly met with the Whitecaps this past week and is now being linked to a move back to the Galaxy.

Could be he is shopping around, perhaps we weren't happy with the results of his physical with us. Either way seems far less imminent than before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    May have to pour cold water over the idea of us getting Juninho. He reportedly met with the Whitecaps this past week and is now being linked to a move back to the Galaxy.

Could be he is shopping around, perhaps we weren't happy with the results of his physical with us. Either way seems far less imminent than before.
    No big loss in my opinion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Well...how long have you got? cos I've got dozens of stories for you. It's just a cascade of stupid from "That was dumb" to "hahahaha THEY ARE SO FUCKING DUMB"